Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The song was mine but the tone was completely different. It had to be confident and low, hers was thick and breathy. As if she was nervous but trying to cover it up.

Nervous.

The song ended before it even started. The music was conventional and I could see the approving faces of the judges for such a bold choice. I blinked slightly as she ended the performance. My eyes were glaring at her, they were turning hot. This wasn't the first time she stole something from me. The first time because it was hers I returned it. But now this scheme of theirs made anger boil inside me.

Siddharth was the one who recorded my voice. I turned my head to look at him, that's when I saw a happy expression on his face as he waved at Pari. Of course. How stupid of me to think that he loves me! He used me again.

My hands clutched the armrest as I let the anger, sadness and bitterness engulf me. The mediation period between every performance helped me direct the hatred and fuel me with a purpose.

Fuck everyone! I won't let both of them walk on me twice.

With determination, I stood as my name was called. There was silence in the hall, but not the supporting type. I could feel the judgement in their stares. Their eyes were demeaning me, finding flaws in my everything, I guess they think of me like a villainess again. Or the slut who came in between Siddharth and Pari. Yes, their love story is popular all over college as well as rumours about me bullying Pari because of jealousy.

Their stares would have intimidated me in my previous life, but now they only boosted my confidence. I met Pari's eyes and smirked at her. This smirk conveyed my feelings perfectly it said 'fuck it.

I walked on the podium as I reached the stage I failed to see the leg that suddenly imbalanced me, making me fall on my knee. I took a deep breath to hold the anger in and looked up at the criminal. I wasn't surprised again, it was Pari. Aha, the bitch loves watching me fall. A pleasant smile replaced my blank face, I hadn't missed the laughs but I tuned them out. I helped myself up and faced her, I noticed her quivering fingers the scared look as if I was going to butcher her. There was silence in the entire hall, the audience eager for a drama to unfold.

I patted her back with a creepy smile of mine but she ran away as if I threatened her. Such a fragile girl, don't you wanna rescue her from the evil girlfriend?

I am the villainess again. But this time I chose to be...

Walking on the podium I stared across the hall for one motivating look. And well I found it. I waved at Shreya as she showed me a thumbs-up sign and then the drum beats began indicating to start the performance. I bent down and placed my violin on the ground confusing the audience. Some people booed thinking that I did it because I didn't know how to play it. Today let's pretend I don't know how to play anything except my voice.

Clearing my throat I hummed a tune in the microphone, it was like wind blowing on an angry night. The storm was building up inside me as I showed my vocal ability to the audience. Going from low pitch to high and back to low smoothly. Then I started tapping my foot along with beatboxing to produce the no instrument music.

A piece of paper- too heavy to hold,
A mouthful of words- too hard to remember,
Eyes filled with tears- too hard to comfort,
A land filled with lovers- too hard to imagine,

My life built on a sand castle,
Who broke it down?
My prince charming stayed at the castle,
Who took him away?
My fairy god mother,
Where are you?
I was dreaming again,
You woke me up!
Why?
Let me dream on till eternity,
Let me live in serenity,
Make me shine,
Where is the dye?
Oooh oooh oooh
Tell me who made this princess cry?
Tell me who broke her heart?
Tell me who is she?

I looked around the hall and smirked as I found Pari's shocked face. They thought they could steal my song and I will co-operate with them. Wow, what a joke. Use and throw that's what I was for him. Always.

Pari was always his choice, I was just a fun time. He toyed with my feelings and I should hate him for that. But I don't. I am weak, too weak and gullible. I can bare anything but schemes. This time they went too far, Rosie Cardour hates cheaters. To an extent that I can violate the rules to punish them. I violated a rule according to the stunned audience and the judges. I played a song that was someone else's. And I should continue doing it.

Bringing my lips mear the mic I started in a breath tone. My voice had an edge to it as if threatening.

Who am I?
A piece of paper adorned with ink,
A dream every girl wanna achieve,
From rags to riches,
That's all you dream?

Tsk tsk I didn't heard you,
Where are the voices behind the words?
Take me to my grave,
Listen to the shouts inside the castle,
It was just a dream castle,
Stop with the tales!
There ain't a fairy,
There ain't a prince,
Just stepmother with her two wicked kin,

Come back to the present Ella,
You are just one of his conquests,
Look beyond his sweet smile,
Look beyond his charming style,
As there ain't a prince charming in a scheming castle.

The hall was silent with confusion. I sang a bigger song than Pari and without an earpiece for guidance. This indicated that it indeed was my song. But who wants to fight for petty things? I am not a kid but my anger took the best of me at the moment. I jumped down the stage and walked towards Siddharth. He appeared nervous as I walked upto him. My blank face didn't anything but my eyes did. Looking into his eyes I brought my lips near his ears. And muttered the three words that shocked him.

Go to hell!

Turning I left the hall not caring about the result anymore. I knew I was going to be disqualified for breaking the rules. Then why sit through the humiliation? Pari is going to come up with a great excuse and Siddharth is going to back her on that. Of course I cheated. Who will believe me anyways?

A sad feeling replaced the anger within my heart. Loneliness overtook bitterness as my hands shivered.

Like always I had nobody to stand up for me.

This was chapter 17. I hope you all loved it.

The song in this chapter and in the entire series were all written by me. So there is copyright infringement on them as well.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro