16: be my friend

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

PARK SOOMI'S POV

Somehow this had happened.

Namjoon was hovering over me, staring at my eyes with his wide ones. Both of his hands by my sides, and his face only inches away. "Don't move," he whispered, his voice raspier than ever.

I gulped hard like a goldfish, my heart starting to beat faster the immediate second after our contact. I hated how it was making such a loud noise and I prayed he wouldn't hear it.

"I won't," I mumbled back, my voice almost trembling.

Namjoon didn't say anything in reply. His breath was fanning my lips, making my heart to almost pull a stunt and jump out of my ribcage any second.

The distance between us got smaller. He moved his face closer to mine.

Holy mother of Kentucky fried chicken!

I closed my eyes not knowing what to expect there, or, maybe I knew. I had watched way too many romance movies and shoujo anime to not know.

But nothing happened.

I opened my eyes and quickly sat up when I saw him sitting at the other end of the table with a blank expression on. "Go home," he said, his eyes unfocused and fixated on the wall ahead of me.

"Okay," I barely spoke before quickly getting up and taking my bag with me. "Where will you meet your friend today?" I asked just before leaving.

"Shinsa-dong cafe," he said in a monotonous voice, still sitting straight, almost like a robot with no expression written on his face.

Shinsa-dong cafe was just around the very corner of the Omelas library he once introduced me too. At afternoons, I'd sometimes find myself there, skimming through the old and torn books, finding myself at home in those battered desks. Though I hardly ever read.

Nontheless, I was here today for no reason, or there was one.

I was only here in case I was needed to kill someone. Specifically her.

I didn't quite know the cafe was right there. Feeling a bit forlorn, and confused I had found myself back at the library to clear my own head and spend some time with my bohemian buddies, which in this case, were books.

When I realized the cafe right there was the place where Namjoon was probably getting his heart broken, right that very second, I found myself frozen there until the sky had started to darken.

I always loved girls, girls made my heart feel soft and warm. I just knew girls deserved all the love in this world, but whenever Namjoon's sad expression of him talking about his friend came to my mind, I could feel my blood boiling.

Maybe not every girl there deserved love. Some clearly didn't know how to appreciate it.

I almost damaged the can of coke I had in my hand out of anger, but then I quickly regained myself. I took deep breaths and mulled over everything in my brain. With the oversized black sweatshirt, the black baseball cap, and the mask, I almost looked unrecognisable . I did look like a murderer, and a stalker. I knew I had to leave but—

Whenever Namjoon talked about his friend, his eyes showed the most sorrowful expression I'd ever seen on anyone. Though I only got to see that a few times, it was clear that it hurt him to even reminisce of her.

I was worried.

I threw away the empty can of coke to a trash bin that was near me, and when I looked up, I saw a tall figure walking out of the cafe. I could tell it was Namjoon.

He was wearing a yellow and black striped shirt with a white tee underneath. A pair of rectangular shaped glasses that made him stand out even more in the crowd, however, there was another man and a woman next to him.

The man had his arm wrapped around the woman's shoulder. The woman seemed to be ranting passionately, and then slapping the other man's shoulder, making him laugh aloud. Could be a lover's act of some sorts, which I clearly didn't get.

Namjoon seemed a little awkward with them, nevertheless, he smiled brightly and kept their animated conversation going. Soon they bade goodbye and separated their ways.

I didn't waste another second and ran after Namjoon. It was soon when I had caught up to him. "Namjoon-sshi!" I called out making him turn around.

He startled as if he saw a ghost, and let out a tiny squeak. I rolled my eyes at him. "I wasn't stalking you, okay?"

"Why are you here?" He asked with his eyes still wide.

"Okay maybe I did stalk you." I spat. "But you did that too remember? Because you said you were worried so I got worried too this time!"

He kept his puzzled eyes at me, as if he was trying to take this all in. I stared back under the streetlight. Lots of people passing us by.

"Okay, I guess," he murmured in a really low voice then started ahead. Glancing at me from the sides from time to time to check if I was able to keep up with his pace.

"So...," I trailed off letting out the sigh I was holding in. "What's the story of your friend? The guy beside her, was it her boyfriend?"

"You saw that too?" He questioned being surprised.

"I kinda saw that accidentally," I mumbled.

"He's her husband," Namjoon answered after a second. "SeokJin, we became good friends in college. And she started liking him. They weren't friends and barely knew eachother, so I became a medium and introduced them to eachother. Rest just happened like that."

"And I kind of worked like a mentor too, you know." He turned to me, smiling proudly.

"That was it?" I frowned. "It feels like you've skipped a huge part there. Why do you look hurt whenever you mention her?"

"I look hurt?" He scrunched up his eyebrows, fixing his glasses with his forefinger. "When?"

"Even now."

"Oh." He made his mouth form an 'o'. "Maybe because I used to like her, but it's over now."

So he had feelings for her, huh?

"Did your other friend know that?"

"No!" He denied immediately. "If Jin knew he would've never started dating her! Though I assume he has guessed it by now."

"Then why did she want to meet you today?" I asked, making him heave a small sigh.

"They were fighting so she left their place. She wanted to come and spend her time in my house but I'm a single guy, and, we aren't teens anymore. She kept wanting to meet me but I was busy. Then I thought about it and called Jin so they could sort it out together. You can guess that I became a medium again," he said and flashed me a gentle smile.

"It must've hurt," I muttered in a daze but he didn't say anything else. I realized we were already in our neighbourhood. It was time to part ways.

"Hey." I found myself holding onto the hem of his sleeve. The striped material soft under my fingers. He turned around and looked at me, then he looked at my hand that was grabbing onto the fabric of his shirt.

"Can't we be friends?" I said as heat rushed to my cheeks. "Look, I thought about this— in case you say anything else. Since I'm already your student it isn't like I can't be your friend too."

I sounded almost desperate but I wanted him to understand. "I feel like you are a good friend of mine, so can't we go back to being like before?"

He just stared into my eyes and I couldn't properly tell what the eyes behind those glasses of his were saying, or what he was feeling about it.

"Okay," he said, breathing out.

Suddenly I felt this weight leaving my chest, and couldn't control the stupid grin making its way onto my face. He chuckled too, probably seeing my reaction.

I'd never felt so happy by making a friend before. I could almost feel my erratic heart screaming and jumping in joy.

Maybe because he was a special friend.

---
A/n: yall thought namjoon would kiss her I'm laughing at your ass AGAIN!

don't feel so disappointed because it didn't happen lmao. Always remember that this fanfic started with a kiss XD

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro