20: it wasn't a mistake

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I thought it was a dream..."

Namjoon muttered under his breath and I couldn't fathom what he was saying for a second until the realization hit me like a truck.

I couldn't breathe. It felt like time had just stopped right then and there. Did he just say that?

He thought he saw me kissing him in his dream?

Namjoon jutted his head back, pushing his chair backward in the meantime, and hurriedly got up as he was free from my grasp now.

"I, ah, need to go," he mumbled looking away. It wasn't a second until he dashed off the office leaving me behind, bewildered like that.

Shit.

How would I face him tomorrow?

That was all I could think the whole day, locking myself in my room and practically leaving the outer world.

Today was one of the most awkward days of my life and it was my fault. Everything was my fault from the beginning.

Scoffing at myself, I picked up my phone that was lying on my bed helplessly as it hadn't been checked the whole day. After opening it, I was greeted by a few texts from the genius man, Yoongi.

Infiresman: you free at 8 tonight?

Infiresman: come to yeonhye dong street

Infiresman: you don't believe me so see namjoon rapping with your own eyes

My eyes went wide, excitement rushing through my veins, but that went away soon when I had realized it was already past eight and the messages were received three hours ago.

Even if I left now how would I face Namjoon, talk to him after what had happened?

I had always wanted to see underground rappers, and witnessing Namjoon like that? It's not like I hadn't believed Yoongi before though, damn, I wished so much I could see it with my own eyes.

I looked at the clock hanging on the bedside wall again.

And, this is why they say curiosity killed the cat.

It was only five minutes later when I was running on the street to the bus station and no one was here to stop me. My brother wasn't at home, mom was at work and my brain cells were only telling me to do one thing. Run.

So I did. I took the last bus for the night that left me on the predestined street. I then texted Yoongi again as I walked around the deserted neighborhood.

There was hardly anyone here. Buildings, and the apartment places looked shabby and old. The roads were rusty but I was enjoying the night walk. I was too excited not to enjoy.

I was good at finding places since it didn't take me much time to find where Yoongi and his gang were situated, but, unlike what I had thought, there were only three people sitting on different bikes near an old pub. They seemed to have an animated conversation going on.

From afar I could tell it was Yoongi, his mint colored hair would give it away within miles.

I quickly approached them with a grin on my face, exhausted a little for all the running around. "You're late hun, the show's over." Yoongi rolled his eyes dramatically as soon as he saw me.

"Hey!" The other guy beside him waved his hand at me cheerfully.

He looked familiar but I couldn't remember his name. However, I was stopped in this little brainstorming to recognize him when the third guy, the guy that had his back facing me turned around.

It was Namjoon.

And, he was sitting on top of a monstrous bike. Wearing a black leather jacket that said RM in the back, tight jeans, and a black shirt that had two buttons undone, exposing his masculine chest and collarbone. His hair was styled with gel, giving this wet look, and falling on his forehead, earrings in his ears and this mischievous look on his face.

It took me only a second to size him up, top to bottom. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I saw his face losing color, losing that oh-so-enigmatic expression he was wearing. Soon he looked as pale as a piece of paper.

"What is she doing here!" He said with his mouth agape. I couldn't be wrong about his voice.

This was Namjoon!

"Hi, I'm Jackson." The guy that looked familiar butted in. And then I remembered my first meeting with Namjoon, he was there.

That thought too, vanished soon, since my brain was occupied with something else right now. That was Namjoon, the tall nerdy guy who's my teacher, standing right in front of me dressed up like the baddest thug, and I couldn't help but think,

He looked handsome as fuck!

He looked like those villainous anime guys I would develop a crush on every time, and now this got me thinking if I was actually high, or, if I was dreaming.

"Have I seen you somewhere? You—" Jackson tried to speak again but was cut off by Yoongi.

"What's going on between you two?" He asked a little surprised, seeing Namjoon and me staring at each other. "I told her to come," he added.

Namjoon turned away. "Now take her home."

He said that to Yoongi but I was the one replying, "Why would I go home!"

"Because this isn't a safe place," Namjoon stated, his voice lacing with agitation. We shared a glance before he looked away again.

"Well, I came here on my own according so I can leave by myself too." I scoffed crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, the last bus for the night is gone and you wouldn't find a taxi in this area." I heard Namjoon vent out.

"Namjoon, you can give her a ride." Yoongi sighed. "You basically live in the same neighbourhood."

"Me? In this bike?" Namjoon raised his tone. "Neve—"

"Yes!" I shouted before he could finish. "Yes, yes, yes, god damn! I've always wanted to ride a bike!"

"No." Namjoon shot me a glare.

Jackson let out a chuckle observing our little banter. "Why don't you just give her a ride Namjoon? She seems excited."

"Yep!" I took the extra black helmet Yoongi was holding out to me. Without Namjoon's consent, I hopped on the motorbike of his, looking all pumped up and ready to go.

I couldn't see the underground rapping stuff today but, hell, at least I could enjoy this.

But Namjoon didn't sit. He kept on glaring at Yoongi, trying to convey something using his eyes which the smaller one clearly couldn't get. "What?" Yoongi snapped.

"I'm her teacher. I shouldn't be here in the first place, let alone giving her a ride on my motorbike!" Namjoon yelled at him.

"Correction, a sub teacher." Jackson retorted.

"Shut up Jackson!" Namjoon said. I'd never seen him so annoyed, losing all his composure. "Whatever. I'm done with this."

He then hopped on the bike before me and I realized how close he was, and I almost recoiled. Namjoon started up the engine while wearing his own white helmet.

"Well, you sure seemed excited to be here today, now I don't get why you're being rude," Yoongi grumbled from the back, followed by Jackson's teasing remark. "Something's definitely going on between them."

"Hold on to me." Namjoon didn't give them a reply and told me.

Hold where? I looked at his broad back, practically brushing my front side of the body. I should go for his shoulders.

It wasn't a second after that, I was grabbing onto his back for my dear life when the bike roared and rushed forward. The suddenness of it caught me so off guard that I was holding onto him tightly. A minute later, I opened my eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm going on a low speed." Namjoon said in a softer tone this time.

My breathing was heavy and out of sync. It took a while to get adjusted, and then I realized, I was still hugging him like a koala bear from the back. What the hell! I hastily let go and gingerly placed my hands on his shoulder.

My heart suddenly started acting up, the firecrackers inside my chest popping again like the other day. My face heated up. I was embarrassed, yet, so exhilarated at the same time.

I tried to focus on the bike ride instead and I could feel the adrenaline rush through my veins. Each of my blood cells trembling to the electric pull. Even when I closed my eyes I could feel the strong wind hitting my face, the night streets of Seoul I was passing by. 

Even with that, something was still happening in my chest and stomach. That was his presence. Rather than the bike ride, his presence had a bigger impact on me.

"What cologne do you use?" I shouted against the wind.

"What?" Namjoon yelled back. Only then I realized what kind of stupid question I had just asked.

Damn, did he smell nice. Not the axe stench every other boy in my vicinity carried around. The aroma was strong, but not overlapping. It was probably for his cologne that my brain felt dizzy, as if I was ecstatic.

"Where did you hide this bike? It's amazing!"

Namjoon was silent for a second. "It was in the basement. I don't use it much."

"Hell, you should. I'd take this baby out every day if it was mine!" I exclaimed by myself and I could feel Namjoon shaking a little. Was he laughing?

Thank God. The awkward atmosphere between us was finally dissolving.

He didn't say anything else, albeit. I thought of asking something again but before that, he stopped beside a lone street, at least 10 minutes away from my place.

"You can walk from here." Namjoon looked back, taking off his helmet. His stare was piercing, and stubborn, but I didn't let it get to me.

"Why! It's only—"

"You can walk," Namjoon stated. His voice so demanding that I had to get off and give my helmet back to him.

"I'm a teacher and you're my student. We can't be seen like this," he added as he quickly wore his helmet, starting up the engine again to leave.

"Wait." Instinctively, my hand reached out and grabbed onto the sleeve of his jacket. "Namjoon."

He turned to me, took off his helmet again. His expression hardened. "It's Mr. Kim."

That one sentence left me with a stinging pain starting to spread across my chest, but I still couldn't let go off his jacket. He stared at me for a while, then spoke.

"What you did yesterday, you shouldn't have done that. At first, it was a drunken act and I could dismiss that. Now you're really giving me hints, and implying things. And maybe it's a prank to you. You know, I could talk to the authority about you making deliberate moves on me.

He paused for a second then started talking again. "But I wouldn't. It was my fault. I should've kept the distance. I should've acted like a real teacher, it is my dream to be one in future. And I failed in my very first task."

"It wasn't a prank," I murmured. My voice so low I could barely hear myself. Though he seemed to have heard at it, as his eyes became wide. He regained his calm posture soon.

"Then it was a mistake."

"It wasn't!"

I too had wondered if it was. But, under the starry sky, and the street lamps showering us a with soft light where I could see him perfectly, and after everything that had happened today, it suddenly hit me, that my feelings for him wasn’t a mistake. I really was attracted to him. Physically, and I think, mentally too.

That was a huge deal for me. Because in my 20 years of life, I had never before felt that pull.

"It wasn't a mistake," I said with my voice louder this time. And I waited for him to say something but he didn't.

He looked too lost to say anything. A thought crossed my mind out of the blue, and it was too strong to shrug off. I gulped down the bile that was rising in my throat and walked forward.

I went close to him and cupped his cheeks with my both hands. He was staring at my eyes as if he couldn't fathom what was happening.

I waited a second, but he didn't move. His muscle relaxed slowly. He knew what was about to happen.

There was no hesitation this time. I leaned in and closed the gap between us. Leaving him wide eyed and shocked, I put my lips on his and kissed him as I meant it.

Only a second later, I pulled away. My face clearly flushed, and his eyes still bulging up to his forehead.

But then he got up from the motorbike and took a step closer to me. It happened in mere seconds.

"Don't blame me for what's going to happen next." His deep voice muttered.

And he pulled me closer to him. One hand in my wrist, the other cupping my cheek. This time, he kissed me.

---
A/n:

So I met this girl in my class she saw my BTS bagpack and went like WOW YOU'RE AN ARMY ME IS TOO! so I asked her who her bias is and she said she liked everyone but Namjoon bc she thinks he's ugly (?!??!)

I just took my bag and left lmao. BITCH ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND???? DO YOU NEED ME TO SLAP SOME SENSE INTO YOU??!?

IF NAMJOON AINT ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND MOST INTELLIGENT PERSON EVER IN WORLD HISTORY IDK WHAT WORLD Y'ALL ARE LIVING IN.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro