24: new to this

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

PARK SOOMI'S POV

"What?" I asked, panic rising in my voice. "Do I look weird?"

I was wearing a pastel brown romper skirt that rested just above my knees, a white turtleneck tee underneath. This was the only outfit a bit similar to a dress that I could find in my wardrobe and pull through.

My mom bought the romper skirt for me on my eighteenth birthday but this was my first time wearing it. I put on a light touch of makeup, done by the expert Hyemi. And now I was feeling really stupid.

Judging by Namjoon's expression, his eyes pouring out of his sockets and mouth agape, I could tell that I looked strange and peculiar to him.

"No, it's just that-" He quickly looked away fixing his glasses. "It must've been your first time wearing a dress."

He then let out a cackle that sounded dry and nervous. Since he was a gentleman he probably was suppresing himself to say I looked ugly on my face.

I touched the small earring on my left ear as a small sigh escaped my mouth. I could feel the excitement leaving my body, but I didn't let it get to me.

"Let's go then." I smiled at him. "I wanna visit the aquarium today."

"I really thought it would be an amusement park." Namjoon shared a glance at me then looked ahead.

His hands shoved inside his pants pockets. He was clad in a light colored shirt, first few buttons undone and a black t-shirt could be seen from underneath. Really simple and typical look like every other day yet he looked like the star of this place, most handsome of them all. Or was it just me?

What was wrong with me, really?

"I thought visiting an aquarium would be fun. You're not liking it?"

"No! I'm impressed," he told me and quickly looked away again. This had been going on for a while.

Did I look that ugly!

"Oh look, seals!" Namjoon gushed excitedly, quickly marching towards the glass bars with seals inside in the water and playing by themselves.

"They're so cute!" He gave his biggest smile showing his teeth. His dimples so deep I could pour ramen in them and eat- wow I'm so weird.

"Yes, they are cute." I laughed and played along.

You are cuter.

"Ahjussi, you're blocking my vieew." A voice spoke in a high tone, almost like a chipmunk it sounded.

We looked back to where it was coming from, and found a tiny boy, no more than four years old, standing there sucking on his lolipop, his big doe eyes staring up at us.

"Oh, sorry!" Namjoon apologized and moved away. The small boy took little steps and stood by me. A whimper left his mouth.

"I can't see anyway." His little voice sounded disappointed. His height was a big disadvantage yet he kept himself up on his toes, his neck pulled up in the hopes to see the seals.

He tried a few jumps but he was too small to look over the three feet tall wall under the glass material.

"Can I help you?" Namjoon crouched down to the boy's level and said. Before that, he flashed me a smile.

I did that back. Our eyes telling each other that we both found the small boy adorable.

With the boy's nod, Namjoon lifted him up in his arms and placed him close to his chest where the boy could see the seals perfectly. The small one's eyes lit up and the lolipop fell from his mouth.

"Amazing!" He gasped staring at the artificial pond.

"What's your name?" I asked the boy being curious.

He looked at me with those doe eyes. "Baekhyun." He then turned his face to Namjoon. "Ahjussi, is that your girlfwiend?"

The little boy had a small lisp with his pronunciation of the letter r. I found it lovely and was still squealing inwardly when I found Namjoon glancing between the boy and me, and stuttering to himself. "I... Um-"

"Yes, I'm his girlfriend," I said with a smile and the boy smiled back with his tiny teeth.

"Ahjussi, your girlfwiend is pwetty!"

The boy was squirming in Namjoon's arms. Namjoon him put down. He then said, "yes, she is."

Just then a woman with short hair ran to us. "Baekhyun! How many times have I-"

Abruptly she stopped when she saw us and took slower steps towards us. "Thank you for taking care of him. He's always causing trouble for people."

"I ain't!" The boy went over to his mom, frowning. Though his mom glared at him in reply.

"It's no problem. He's adorable!" I commented, Baekhyun's mom lifted him in her arms.

"Thank you so much. You guys are such a nice couple!" She looked at our faces, smiling brightly. "Say bye to them Baekhyun."

"Bye bye!" The small boy waved both of his hands. And he kept on doing so until he was out of our sight.

He thought I was Namjoon's girlfriend.

And his mom thought we were a couple.

And she said we were a nice one on top of that.

And, even Namjoon played along!

My cheeks felt hot as my brain did a quick recap of what had just happened.

I looked at Namjoon who was staring ahead like he was deep in his thoughts. He turned to me and slowly reality came over to him. "Do you want to get ice cream or eat something?"

"No," I denied immediately. Why wasn't he bringing up what just happened there? "At least Baekhyun said I looked pretty. Hoseok said that too." I blurted out.

"Hoseok?"

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes at him. "Hyemi did my makeup. I was at their place."

"Oh." He bit his lower lip looking away. "You look pretty."

His last line came as a whisper and I could barely hear it. "What?"

"I said you look pretty!" He let out a small shout, making everyone at that side of the aquarium turn their heads to us. Namjoon looked as if he wanted to dig a hole right there and bury himself in it.

"You look beautiful," he said with his voice lower this time.

"It's just that, you looked so different and it kind of surprised me. So I couldnt-" He looked flustered all of a sudden. Turning away, he put a hand over his mouth and started walking ahead.

"You always look pretty to me. So, you don't need to change yourself, or change your attires for me," he said with his back facing me, his voice a little muffled with the hand still clamped over his mouth.

Hold his hand, do it now.

I didn't know what came over to me, but I caught up to him and held his left hand. I then intertwined my fingers with his. Namjoon looked more surprised than before.

But he didn't say anything, nor did I. We stayed quiet and walked side by side with our hands locked.

My heart was hammering against my chest, and for some reasons I felt really happy, yet, I wanted to cry my eyes out. Probably because I was too overwhelmed.

I was new to this, new to this feeling. It felt like I could hold onto his hand forever and never let him go.

But I had to let him go.

It was already past eight and we were standing outside my house. Thanks lord, it was dark since the porch light wasn't working, else he could see how sad and disappointed I was that the day had already come to an end.

Namjoon heaved a small sigh. "Go inside. We'll see each other tomorrow."

I really wanted to cry but I cleared my throat. "No, you go first."

"My place is just five minutes from here." He chuckled softly.

"Yeah, but I want to see you go!" I almost yelled at him, trying to hide my emotional state. "Yes, I'm stupid now go!"

"Alright." He whispered but didn't go. Not that I wanted him to.

However, after a silent second he came closer to where I was standing and I froze in my spot. Was he going to kiss me?

I wouldn't lie, secretly I wanted that to happen, right then.

But he went up and hugged me.

This was different. I didn't know what to do for a second but then I wrapped my arms around him. His embrace was warm, and I didn't know why, but I felt like his hug was trying to tell me something.

My head was pressed against his chest and I could hear how loudly his heart was beating. That only meant I wasn't the only one.

And I wanted to cry, I was overwhelmed again. I kept asking myself in my mind, what was this. What was this feeling?

Namjoon let go off me gently. "Goodnight," he mumbled before leaving.

I wished this day never ended. I wanted his hug to last forever.

Heaving a sigh, I ran a hand through the roots of my hair and turned towards the door. As I took a few steps in the porch, I saw a dark figure slowly rising as if the person was sitting there.

"S-soomi is that you?! And was that-"

A familiar voice shouted.

"Jungkook?"

---
A/n: whoever reading this, is your bias Namjoon?

If your bias isn't Namjoon do you think after reading this book your love might've grown bigger for him? ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro