Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Bye," Marinette waved as she started closing the door. Adrien waved back, muttering a low "bye," before he walked down the stairs.

I hate seeing him like this, but I don't like him. He's just a friend.

"Marinette, you've got a call from someone," Nathalie walked up to her, holding a phone. Marinette took the phone from her and talked into it.

"Hello," a reply came back. "This is Lila."

Lila? Why is she calling? We barely know each other.

"Uh, hello, Lila. What is it?"

"Can you meet me at the Eiffel tower?" Lila answered. "It's very important. I just wanted to make sure of something."

Marinette nodded, but then realizing that Lila couldn't see her, she replied, "sure, I'll be right there."

"What is it, Marinette?" Nathalie asked as she hanged up the phone. "Is it something bad?"

"No, it's not. I need Gorilla to drive me to the Eiffel tower. I have to talk to someone from my class there," Marinette nodded at Gorilla, who was listening.

"Alright, but be quick. Your father wouldn't want you to be out for long," Nathalie warned.

Marinette nodded again as she walked out the door with Gorilla. She got in the limo, and they were on the road.

-

Finally she reached the Eiffel tower. She could also see Lila waiting patiently there, for her.

"Just wait here. It won't be long." Gorilla nodded at Marinette's words. Marinette then made her way to Lila.

"Hey Lila, what is up?" She asked, making  Lila look up.

"Marinette, I'm so glad you're here," Lila smiled. "I just wasn't so sure of something, so I wanted to clear it out with you."

"Continue."

"Do... Do you like Adrien?" Marinette's eyes went wide at the question.

"What? No, he's just my best friend," she quickly answered.

"Really? Well that's great." Geez, I was worried for nothing. So she doesn't like Adrien, huh? "Because well, I like him."

Lila likes him? "Okay," Marinette shrugged. I'm not sure if Adrien likes her back, but if he does, then he will stop asking me out. He will stop developing feelings for me. "I'll tell him..."

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. No!" Lila quickly stopped her as she grabbed her arm. "You can't tell him I have a crush on him, but... You could try to help me and see if he likes me back."

"Why can't you just tell him? I mean, what if you're too late, and he's finally found another girl?"

Lila stopped at her words. She stopped gripping on her arm so tightly and wondered. Is she talking about herself? What, no! She can't be. She just said he was only a friend to her, so she can't like him.

"I'll tell him when I'm ready," she spoke in a low voice. "In the meantime, why don't you try getting him to confess to me."

I'm not so sure about this, but I guess it's worth a shot. "I can't exactly do that, but I will ask him if he likes you."

"No, make him fall for me," Lila pleaded, gripping on her arm again.

"Lila, let go!" Marinette stopped her from gripping on her arm any farther. She then started walking away. "I'll only ask him if he likes you or not."

Ugh! Marinette, why don't you want to make him fall for me?! Well whatever, I'm just glad that you don't like him as well. That means I have a chance.

-

When she walked inside class the next day, Marinette could feel Lila's eyes on her. She quickly walked to her seat, beside Adrien, and behind Lila.

"So Adrien," Marinette turned to him, whispering. "I was just wondering... Do you have even the slightest crush on Lila?"

Lila couldn't hear them, but she could tell Marinette was asking him.

"What?!" Adrien said a bit too loudly. Lila tried not to look back as she waited for Adrien to say more things. "Why would you ask that?"

Is that a no?

"Marinette, you know I'll never like another girl besides you."

Is it because she's rich, is the famous fashion designer, and the daughter of the Mayor? Is it because she's got a better life than me? Adrien, is it because of that?!"

Adrien, why?!

- Edited -

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro