12. Dipper Gleeful

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Pacifica Pines

Suddenly staring at him, after looking around the house, seemed appropriate. At least, that's what I thought. He looked uncomfortable under my gaze, so that made me feel better.  And all of a sudden, I didn't want to know about the Journal anymore.

It didn't seem of any importance. I could learn about it on my own, anyway.

"Actually, I'd li - " I began, only to be cut off mid-sentence by the brown haired nuisance.

"You don't want to know about the Journal, because you think you'll find out about it on your own? Are you dense? Are you that effing stupid?" he snarled. Dipper didn't say 'effing' but the actual word. I inwardly flinched.

I knew he'd swear one day. (A/N: I didn't think he'd join the dark side with NuclearCookies)

"Yeah," I said in wavering confidence. I felt my walls crumble.

"Than what do you want to know about?" he said in a softer tone, a much more tired tone.

Bipolar much?

"You."

"Why would you want to know about me?" asked Dipper with a slightly annoyed face.

I just shrugged. I didn't know how to explain it either.

"And please tell me the truth, 'cause if you don't. I'll find out either way," I warned him. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. He bit his lip and than sighed, and than raked his fingers through his brown, messy hair.

"I'm a murderer, so is Mabel," he blurted out. I tapped my foot and crossed my arms, waiting. "What? Are you not repulsed by me?"

"The moment I met you, I felt repulsed," I said, winking at him. A smile tugged at his lips but he pursed them and nodded.

"The Tent of Telepathy, as you know, is our side-show. We perform magic. Usually."

"What do you mean, usually?"

"If we feel bored, we don't. But sometimes, if we're bored... well, we like to mess with our audiences heads," he said, shrugging and casually leaning against the chair. "Sit down, it'll take a while."

Dipper gestured to the couch and I walked over there and sat on the plump sofa.

"Anyways," he said, clearing his throat and averting his gaze from me, "I am also known as the 'Lil Tyrone' around here, but I guess you already know that."

"And you're arrogant?" I offered.

He gave me a lopsided smirk and said, "Studious too, honey, you forgot that."

"And you play with magic you can't learn?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"I guess," admitted Dipper, biting his lip and nodding. My mouth went agape and I look at him in shock.

"Blondie, I'm only doing this since you're gonna give me the book and you told me not to lie."

"That's really... unwise and foolish."

"I know," he flashed me a grin before setting his lips into a grim line. His brown eyes were tired and he had slight bags underneath them, "But when you have a demon scared of you... you tend to get a little.. pompous?"

"You mean... a little too arrogant? Or maybe egotistical? Or should I say... cocky?" I said, counting off the words. "What do you mean about a demon?" I said, instantly interested about this.

"You said you'd figure those mysteries out yourself," said Dipper, smirking and shrugging at me. "But you're already solving this stunning mystery," he pointed to himself, "here, so you got to be grateful."

"So, you're basically a cocky murder magician?" I asked. The demon idea was still tugging at the back of my mind. But he's right, I'll have to find that out on my own. 

Maybe he forced a demon to be his slave? Pfft, I know he's evil, but not that evil... right? I quickly shook that thought out of my mind and looked at him.

"No. Well, yeah. One thing I don't get, why aren't you scared of me? I'm a effing murderer. Pines, listen to this. I'm. A. Murder. A murder with effing powers. Powers! You are so effing dense to be around me," he walked towards me with intense steps and suddenly was leaning over me. So close.

He didn't say 'effing', though. He said the word. Our breaths mingled together and he glanced down. Down where? My lips. I licked them unconsciously, and I dared to look at his too. They were slightly parted, and panting. And dark.

"Why aren't you scared, Pacifica?" he said in a pained whisper. He said my name, and it rolled off of his tongue and sounded pleasant. I could feel my heart beating thunderously against my ribcage, and I was scared he could hear it.

My palms were sweaty, my breathing quick, and my heart racing.

"I don't know," I honestly answered. "You're a dangerous murderous tyrant who could probably kill me anytime, and anywhere." I whispered back, looking at his intense, dark eyes. Stray hairs had fallen on his face, making him look even more devilishly gorgeous.

"I know," he said coolly, his breath fanning over my face. I wonder what happened to him to make him a murderer and fool around with magic he couldn't even control. Maybe his family died tragically? I don't know. Guess I'll have to ask, or I'll have to find out.

"What about your family?" I asked, curiosity trickling through me.

He looked as though I'd asked him 'Do you eat frogs for breakfast, or is it just me?'. He recoiled away from me and inched backwards and grabbed the chair and sat on it. Looking directly at me with a confused face.

Way to ruin the mood, Paz, my brain cheered me on.

"Why the hell would you want to know about my family?" sneered Dipper, looking at his nails.

"I don't know."

"You give the worst reasons, Pines," he sighed and glanced back at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I know, and stop calling me Pines," I flashed him a grin and then crossed my arms.

"Why? I thought you liked the whole last name thing?" he gave me a lopsided smirk and stood up, crossing his arms as well.

"I liked it when you called me Pacifica," I mumbled, averting my gaze from him to look at my now very interesting converse. My face felt on fire, and I could hear my own heartbeat from the way it was beating now.

"Oh, does lil' Pacifica Pines have a lil' crush on me?" he smirked, walking towards me. I tried to go backwards into the sofa but he kept coming. He was in front of me in a second and staring at my eyes. His chocolate like eyes were gleaming mischievously.

"No! I'd have to have a screw loose," I yelled, shoving him off and stomping off to the door, with a red flaming face.

"Your face says otherwise, sweetheart," he called out as I grabbed the handle and hurriedly went outside, and slammed the door shut.

"Curse that little maggot," I grumbled underneath my breath as I tried to cool down and stomped my way back to the Mystery Shack. I was back in the forest now and I was angry. Fuming, almost. I was looking angrily down at my shoes while I walked. Which was a bad idea.

I slammed into a brick wall. I fell on my butt and groaned. A brick wall in the middle of the forest? I looked up only to see the brown haired nuisance, also known as Dipper Gleeful.

"You promised me the book, love," he said in a soothing voice as he reached for the book. I immediately hugged the book to my chest and tried moving backwards, only to hit a tree.

"Not now," I growled, hugging the Journal. I can't let him have it.

"Come on, dear, give me the book," said Dipper with a tight smile. It looked like he was running out of impatience. His hair was a mess, as though it were raked through millions of times in stress. His eyes were burning with something. I couldn't pin my finger on it.

"Pacifica Pines, give me the goddamn book," he gritted out, his eyes blazing blue now and his hair swept back up as though wind was hitting his face. He looked furious and dangerous. The flirty Dipper Gleeful was gone and the deadly Dipper Gleeful was here.

"No," I whispered, getting up and running, my knees almost buckling. My heart raced against my ribcage as fear enveloped me in a cold hug as I ran and ran and ran. I felt the air snatched away from me as I tripped over a rock.

A rock.

Good job, Paz, my brain sarcastically said.

"Found you," a voice playfully said in my ear. I whipped my head only to see nothing but the woods.

Where is he? Is he using his magic?  Most likely.

Do his eyes go blue when he uses magic?  Probably.

Will he murder me? Certainly.

I need to find out about the Journals first! I can't die now! I tried getting up but felt pain shoot through my left leg, which hit the rock. I probably sprained it but it doesn't matter. What matters now is that I run and get out of here.

Easy for me to say. I immediately landed on my face and I groaned. I crawled to a near tree and huddled there, keeping the book in a vice grip as I darted my eyes around the forest to see where the dangerous murderer was.

"Calling me a murderer, now are we?" someone said in my ear, in a bitter tone. I whipped my head to my left only to see nothing. Again. I tried getting up, adrenaline shooting through me as I struggled to even get up.

"Quit playing games with me, Dipper," I called out, my voice sounding stronger than I thought it would. In an instant, almost like he unknowingly listened to me, a Dipper Gleeful materialized in front of me. A flash of panic rippled through his face but it was quickly removed and replaced with a grin.

"You promised the book," he said, walking towards me and putting a hand on my waist. I felt my knees buckle but his arm made me stay put. He was helping me stand up? What's wrong with him?

"Can I give it to you another time?" I asked nervously as I glanced at his face. His eyes were dim and not blue anymore, but brown. Brown is good. Brown meant calm.

"Fine, but I'm giving you a week," he said, nodding and bit his lip as he thought it over. I could feel his arms around my waist and I felt as though he were  burning me. His arms were imprinting on me. Or it was just the intense tingles that shot through me every time he touched me.

"A month?" I asked hopefully, as I dared to peek at him under my lashes. I didn't want him to catch me while I stared at him.

"Ugh, I hate this. Fine," he groaned. I was about to say something but then we were both gazing at each other. Intensely. It was like we were both competing at a stare down, both not giving up. Before I knew it, we were both leaning towards each other.

Our breaths mingled together, my eyes fluttering close, but not before seeing his dark, dangerous eyes observing me. We leaned in closer, and suddenly it was like two worlds collided.

Mine and his.

His and mine.

Our mouths moulded together, perfectly. We moved together in sync, and I felt my face flush with heat as sparks flew off as we continued. It was a battle. It was like our everyday arguments, except much more intense. More intimate.

I felt tingles erupt as his hand that was holding my waist creep up and land behind my neck. His other held my waist and I felt like we were both on fire. I looped both my arms around his neck, intensifying the kiss. I felt infinite. I felt like I could do anything.      

But all good things come to an end. We both slowly removed our lips from each other, detaching them and let our foreheads lean on each other. I panted and so did he, and there was a glimmer in his eyes.

"Wow," I panted, my arms still around his neck as I stared at him. I could hear my heart racing against my ribcage as I gawked at the gorgeous beauty.

"I know," Dipper smirked at me, his eyes glazed with knowing. "I'm an amazing kisser, aren't I?" he asked smugly. I nodded, allowing myself one compliment for him.

"Not so bad yourself," he whispered, his eyes glowing a blue that was darker than any ocean, paler than any morning sky. We left the ground and floated up, into the dark, never-ending starlit sky.

Published: Apr 05, 2016 | Reads: 1.5k | Goal: 1.7k

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro