Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Landslide

And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down

Matt's P.O.V

I knew that this had to be some kind of joke. I knew that he wasn't doing this for real I knew that I had to call him up and tell him not to do this. Lucas told me to go outside and try to call him to see what he was up to. I took out my phone and stared at it. I didn't really want to call him. But, if it was for the safety of Mason I knew I had to do it. I pressed down on his name. It started to ring and he picked up.

"Hello, Greene." He spoke with a raspiness which I unfortunately remember. "Hello, is anyone there?"

"Hello," I spoke softly, he heard me. I heard his grin form on his face. I knew that he was happy.

"Hi, Matty. Thanks for the call." Oddly, there was sincerity in his voice. I didn't know why he felt like he actually cared because he didn't.

"Why are you doing this? You don't care for me. I know you don't. And if you really did you would leave me with the family I already have. You don't love me you never did. You never even wanted me to begin with." I said quickly. I got it off of my chest. I knew that he was wondering where it came from.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down. If you really don't want to live with me, I'll make a proposition for you."

"I'm not in any mood to take any deals with you," I said angrily between my teeth.

"I will take back my case, if and only if I can get visitation." He was for real. And I didn't know why. I really wish he wasn't. And I wasn't sure how Maya and Lucas were going to react to that, I'm pretty sure that they were going to be fine with it, but they would be on the fence about it.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be okay with it or not. Sure, he's my dad but I didn't know if I really wanted to get to know him more, only because I knew how he was, and I have to get to trust Maya and Lucas, and now Gunner. "I will give you a call when I get an answer. And don't bank on the fact that I'm going to advocate for you because I'm not." I told him straight up. He omitted an 'oh' when I rambled it fast and aggressively.

"Alright. No problem. Fingers crossed, right?" He chuckled during that. His laugh was ugly, not ugly, but annoying. "By--" I hung up on him right away, wouldn't let him finish. There was something about him having power if he were to say goodbye. And frankly, we weren't on that level yet. 

I stared at my phone for a little while before I put it away. What if he really changed. What if he really did change and I wasn't giving him. I was also worried about Mason. He doesn't know who his father is. I walk inside and take my seat back next to Lucas. 

"Well, what did he say?" Lucas asked me out loud. I thought it was a secret plan what we were doing.

"He said as long as he gets visitation he'll drop everything. And only if he gets visitation."  I started to get very silent. 

"I say we give it to him. If that's what it takes to keep our kids, then let's do it." Maya said throwing her hands up as if she washed her hands of the situation. Riley and Topanga shook their head in agreement.

Honestly, I wanted her to say no, I didn't want to be forced to hang out with a stranger. "No, no, no. I'm not doing it. I'm not letting a criminal anywhere near our children." Lucas yelled out. He wasn't having it. 

"Maya, Lucas, you have to make a decision. I just don't want to go into his custody. I most definitely don't want Mason around him." I pushed the hair out of my face and sighed. Lucas and Maya stared at me. They were still a little upset that it's been a couple months and I'm still not calling them mom or dad yet. 

"Honey, if we can avoid a trial then let's do this. We both know we don't want to lose our kids." Maya tried and tried to get him to loosen up. Until he finally cracked. I knew Maya was gonna get it. She gets whatever she wants.

"Now, I'm not totally up for the idea of letting my kids in a room with a criminal in it, it seems like the only thing we have to do if want our children in our care." Maya closed Topanga's folder. 

"Well, I'm gonna call him back and let him know what's gonna happen." I got up from the table and went outside again. I was staring at my phone again for what seemed like forever, or more like time has stopped. I was gonna call him but, I knew that if I called him he was gonna smile through the phone again. And how could be so happy? This wasn't for real it was all an act that he playing.

I decided to shoot him a text. 

Hey...they agreed to the whole thing. You can stop by tomorrow at 3. Don't be late. They already don't like you. I don't see why they would. See you then.

That's great news. Just you wait, I have a surprise for you and Mason. It's gonna be the best.

He smiled through the phone again. I felt it. I can feel the stupid smile he was emitting through the phone. I wasn't feeling the surprise, it was probably some stupid truck I liked when I was eight. In reality, I was doing this for Mason because I wanted the best for him and I do everything for him. 

I walked into the house and at this point, we'll see from there. 

A/N: Hey guys after this long-awaited re-edit to this chapter. I hope you're liking the new titles to the chapters, how they are songs, and how they tie together to summarize generally what the chapter is about. Anyway, comment and tell me if you like it. Thanks. 

P.S. Sorry I'm revising the story so slowly, I want to bring out everything in a way that I'm happy with and also I just moved to a whole new state for college, so I'm taking things one step at a time. And unfortunately, updating isn't a priority but, I'm making some time for it here and there. Anyway, thank you guys for reading the story and adding it to your reading lists. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro