Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

“Hey? Little dude? You know, once I've gotten both of us out of here, I'm gonna make you some chebureki. I have no idea what that is, but I have a feeling I know how to make it and how well it tastes. By the way what's your favorite food?"

Pietro asked me, sitting cross legged near the glass wall, facing my bed. He rested his chin on the palm of his hand as his bright eyes stared at me expectedly.
He had messed up my hair after shower again, I didn't forgive him this time either. He was just so damn fast and annoying, and his mischievous smirk always made me want to punch his nose in.
He switched his hand, resting his chin on his right hand now.

I was seated on the bed, trying to get used to the thin mattress, yet I oddly craved the cold cement floor, it was better for my aching back.

Pietro looked up at the ceiling when he realized I wasn't going to answer, again. He didn't seem to be that annoyed by it. I heard the ding of main doors opening, it was time for evening meal.

Pietros eyes widened "ah, I already thought they had forgotten about their hounds in the basement. If you didn't catch the joke little dude, by hounds I meant us, cool people." he jumped up swiftly, he was quite agile considering the amount of muscle the man had.

He was a good weapon for Hydra, if only he wasn't that talkative and childish. Pietro was... Well, he was weird. He talked so much and he was emotional, definitely emotional. I didn't understand why they didn't silence him, if it was I who did all this talking all the time, I would've gotten punished long time ago.

It made me realize I didn't remember the last time I got punished when I had talked out of turn, yet I knew I had received some kind of punishment. I frowned, wondering why couldn't I remember. I was startled by the loud excited yell from the cell next to mine. Pietro was leaning on the glass, his eyes shining with victory. The silver haired young man was something else indeed.

“You are showing emotions, that's progress! You know if you-- hey, Guard-Guy? Is it soup again? I swear I'm just gonna po- oh its fruit salad. How can yall afford to feed fruit salad to us? Wait. Is that raw steak? You guys know I was kidding when I said we are hounds! Jeez you lot, learn to take a joke. Wait, you're not gonna give it to him? It's so under cooked! You haven't even presented it on a plate! No but seriously, you're gonna give the kid a raw stake? He is a growing organism. You can't feed raw meat to a child! Hey, hey! Come back here you knobhead and take it back to the cook! Or at least change our plates! Hey!”

Pietro hit the glass with the palm of his hand, trying to get the guards attention as he glared at the men dressed in black Hydra uniform.
They had given us food without giving us a second glance. My eyes flickered at the bowl filled with fruits in Pietros cell as I munched at the piece of raw steak between my pale fingers. It wasn't that bloody, but some of it still ran down my arm and the sigh of it disgusted me. I didn't look down at my arms, instead choosing to look at Pietro as he yet again, made a fool out of himself.

I was chewing at the piece of meat that tasted like goat again. When the silver haired man turned around, his eyes widened in horror. He grabbed his bowl of fruit and stumbled near the corner that was the closest to me.

I didn't mind it that much since there was a wall of glass, or something that looked like glass, between the two of us. He mumbled something under his breath, glaring at the minimalized small holes in the very top of the wall that made sure the air systems worked in cells. “If I'd do that, all you'd get would be minced fruit.” he muttered. For the first time I saw an actual troubled look on the normally cheery guys face.

He peeked over at me, his frown turning into surprise as he saw me lick my fingers clean from blood.

He threw his hands into air “alright then!” he grabbed the bowl of fruit and sat down, staring at me strangely as he started eating his fruit.
I didn't mind the meat, it was easy to eat thanks to my pointed teeth, but sometimes I truly craved the fruit that smelled delicious, even thought I never got anything except meat, I'd still would've liked to taste it.

“You think it's normal?” my focus snapped back to Pietro who was simply holding the bowl now. I didn't show any signs of answering, or being interested in his talk at all. I simply stared at the wall behind him, or the people who were there.

Of course it was normal.

“well, you're wrong. That's... That's just so wrong in so many levels. It's disgusting what they are doing here. And I'm pretty sure it's all damn illegal. That is not right, have you been eating raw meat the whole time you've been here?” I didn't answer, making him sigh as he placed the bowl on the floor with small soft thud.

“it usually needs two people to have a dialogue. Work with me hey? Come on now, just say one word I'm begging you. A simple get lost would work too, even thought that's two words. You know if you don't answer I'm just going to think the worst and right now I'm thinking you have been eating raw meat all this time.”

Without acknowledging his talk, I laid down and stared at the ceiling. The bed still wasn't my favourite spot. Why was he asking me such stupid questions? And why was he so different from other Subjects here? That I couldn't understand. I actually liked his rambling, even thought he was talking madness all the time, it still made me wish I was capable of answering. There was something care-free about the man's loose tongue.

The lights flickered and then dimmed. Pietro huffed in annoyance and my lips curved upwards slightly.
“Great, I'm trying to have heart to heart with the kid and he goes to sleep. Thanks folks for your help, really, thank you!” he yelled out to guards, earning some sounds of discomfort from other subjects as they too tried to have a good sleep before tomorrow.

I couldn't close my eyes thought. Listening Pietro mumble to himself, I tried to sense everyone in the room. There were a lot of lost, agitated, tired and angry feelings. The hairs on my skin raised and prickled as my nerves came to life. I knew my pupils were dilated as I suddenly stood up, Pietro quieted down and I knew he was keeping an eye on me.

Silently I crept to the doors that remained locked of course. I tried to peek down the hall as well as I could, not seeing anyone except the Subjects. I was aware how Pietro had came to stand beside me next to the cell, his eyes flickering down the hall as well.

I was getting nervous and I had no idea why, I could sense someone approaching and that someone was dangerous. No alarms were blaring, making me believe whoever it was, was either with Hydra or a thief. A dangerous one that is. “What is it, little dude? Some of your senses are obviously better than mine.”

I ignored him, feeling as if I should run. That was confusing me, why should I want to run? My blood boiled, yet I remained where I was, tense and waiting. Waiting for what? I did not know.

Pietro was guarded as well, his eyes flickering from left to right as he tried to get a good look at everything.
As the feeling of danger grew closer, I couldn't help but growl softly under my breath, earning a look from the man next to my cell, he didn't comment on it.

As the uncomfortable feeling grew, the main doors suddenly opened with a small hiss.
All of a sudden I wanted to hide, that feeling was awful and agitating. I gritted my teeth and waited whoever it was to appear on my line of sigh. The persons steps were fast, yet light and quiet. The man became to a stop in front of my cell and I took in his appearance.

His attire was definitely odd, but what bothered me most was the smirk on his face, yet I could sense his emotions so well. That man was angry, sad and very, very lonely. I often felt those emotions, but they never ran so deep in someone's mind.
The man with strong aura narrowed his bright green eyes at me, staring me down, judging me. He knew I could sense him well. I didn't move, being used to treatment like this I simply stared back.

And I knew he was stomping around in my memories, searching for something. I didn't mind that either, I could not fight a force like that.

I could feel him stop, his eyes traveling down my neck and rest on the softly humming collar there. I heard Pietro talking, yet neither of us turned our attention to him.

That man with mischief in his eyes flickered his wrist and the collar simply fell from my neck, broken and useless on the cement floor.
I looked up in surprise, this time the man wasn't smirking. He was simply staring, not judging anymore. With another flicker of his wrist, the door in front of my cell was gone as well, giving me freedom.

Without saying anything at all, he turned on his heels and kept going, his black hair and green attire flying behind him softly.
He knew what I would do, yet he freed me anyway.
“You knew him? Cool friends, little dude, cool friends. But please help me out! I knew I said I was going to let both of us out, but you got advantage!” I stepped out in the hall, seeing the last shadows of the disappearing man as the door infornt of Pietros cell disappeared as well. “oh, thank you!” he whisper yelled at the man out of our sigh.

“Hey, please help me get these off, little dude.” Pietro whispered softly, raising his cuffed wrists. The bands were thin, humming with electricity and glowing blue slightly. I boldly stomped over, figuring that if I did that, he would shut up and help me find someone to report the person waltzing around the facility.

Pietro was obviously as surprised as I was by my act as I snapped the cuffs in half. His wrists were red as he rubbed them, trying to get the blood flow back. I turned around as he thanked me. Before I could get another step forwards, I was thrown over someone's shoulder and the world around us blurred into different colours.

But mostly blue.

A/N

Nobody can simply make Loki disappear. Nobody. Not even Marvel.

Because he will always reappear when you last expect him to.

Alright, guys, commenting is welcomed and I truly hope you all liked this chapter.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro