8. Welcome Party!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Do I need to tell you all that it's 10th of March finally 😂😂.. surprised! That I came so early?, Gosh I love you people so much so thought to end your misery and give you a long long update, apart from the fact that tomorrow is my last final exam but who cares when you prepared well and have lots of good wishes with you 😂..

Enjoy the update folks! ❤

• A part of him knows "she is the one", but he is so stubborn to accept that one... •

-:On the way:-

Who said night can't be shiny?, Who said nights are only haunting?, Who said nights can't be scary?. Nights are nights they come and go like time and tide, but did anyone ever cared? What message they want to convey with the darkness they come up.

There is again a beautiful but scary dark night, it won't be wrong to say that this is the darkest night of the century, no stars, no moons shining today, seems like evil has dominated all the peace and light has become submissive of the darkness.

And there is that girl sitting in the car, looking outside the city lights, trying hard to behave all normal, all calm but her inner instincts are given jitters to her, she knows something isn't right about tonight, it's been an hour they are in this uncomfortable silence, he is driving in silence and she is looking constantly outside without any emotion.

All she is wondering what's wrong with him?, he was totally fine sometime back when they were having a passionate moment, but what happened to him suddenly that he is all cold. She knows he's challenging but sometimes his silence, his eyes, the way he look at her makes her heart vulnerable. She feels like she can burn the whole world if anything happens to him, but the question here is why does she even care?, She never let him affect her then why all of a sudden she's so possessive about him. All these thoughts aren't only haunting her but making her feel disgusting and uncomfortable.

Nandini : "How much time more?".. she asked after moving her gaze to him, while he didn't looked at her. She found a piece of hurt on his face?

Really??

Manik : "Ten minutes..".. he didn't played this time, he didn't teases, and for a brief moment she missed playful witty Manik control. Her control freak!

Nandini : "What's wrong?" ..She asked as she isn't able to digest his indifferent behavior.

Manik : "Nothing!".. his one words are slowly making her angry now, she made herself calm and now she decided that she won't ask again..

Go to hell! Malhotra!.. her subconscious shouted in immense anger. He has no right to be mad, but she should be angry on him. But this guy is the one mercurial man who is not only hard to understand but impossible to predict.

He looked at her while she is looking outside the window. He frowns but didn't said anything, and actually he himself has no idea why he's mad at her, well! May be he's masking his pain behind his anger.

Manik : "We reached!".. he said after applying the breaks, and she looked at him..

Manik : "There is all prestigious people inside, and I expect your best behavior.".. he said in his authoritative tone and she looked bemused.

Nandini : "back to you Mr. M.."..She scowled and without waiting for him, she stepped out of the car leaving him burning in anger once more.

God! She is crazy!! ..His subconscious glared at her while Manik tried his best to not loose his calmness this time. He exhale a deep breath and stepped out.

• Life was never this adventurous but the day I met you life is not less than a roller coaster..•

-: Malhotra Mansion :-

The party is in full swing, The whole garden of Malhotra mansion is decked up like a new bride and seems like people are impatiently waiting for the newly wed..

Outside the garden, Manik found Nandini standing in a side as if she's waiting for someone certainly him! .. he took a sigh of relief when he found her there, because he really don't want to create a fuzz as he very well knew all high profile people are inside including some reputed media persons.

Manik : "Thank Lord, she's here!"..He murmured softly while standing a bit from there.

Don't sound like clingy boyfriend! ..His subconscious shouted on him and Manik composed.

He walked towards her maintaining his persona, while one of his bodyguard walked right behind him.

Well! Manik Malhotra doesn't like to carry any security with him, this is the last thing he want for himself but Arjun bijlani is excellent in his job, he never made Manik uncomfortable by his presence, he never invaded in his personal space. Manik appointed him as his bodyguard only because of his Dadi but as the time passes by Arjun proved his worth to him and now he is not only Manik's bodyguard but a good friend as well.

( A slight change in the name of Manik's associate, last time I introduced his name as Aman Mathur but when I decided the face for this role, I didn't had the heart to change his beautiful name. So he'll be Arjun bijlani in this story..)

Manik : "Arjun you go inside, I have some important work.".. he said after halting his steps as he realized Arjun is following him.

Arjun : "It's okay Sir, you complete your work, am standing right here. Won't disturb you.".. he said in his professional tone and Manik knew that he knows what's the important work is all about.

Manik : "I appreciate that..But stop calling me sir".. he said with a smile on which Arjun too smiled And then Manik started walking towards Nandini.

He is looking angel for a change , the white shirt, white pants and a blue coat is enhancing his charm, his beautiful handsome features. He isn't less than a Greek god but he is devil she thinks!

Manik : "I told you I don't want any drama. Is it necessary to defy me all the time?, Can't you follow some instructions for a change?".. he scowled as soon as he reached to her and she looked at him nonchalantly.

Nandini : "Don't you get bored?"..She asked in her irritating tone. He looked shocked by her expression and words as well.

What?? ..His subconscious becomes attentive all of a sudden.

Manik : "Mrs. M..".. he glared but she smiled wittily.

Nandini : "Mr. M you having your ways isn't going to work around me and trust me it's very boring as well. So try something new, try to be more persuasive atleast around me..".. her voice holds nothing but mockery and he drink away all his anger.

Manik : "Thank your stars Mrs. M to be in your favor because if this would be other time then your tone and your mockery would have left you in a deep trouble. And I make sure that you couldn't be able to stand properly not atleast for a week. ".. all the humor is gone and she looked at him in utmost shock, well shock would be understatement, his dark eyes filled with passion and desires but she can actually see the devil Malhotra..

Nandini : "You mean to say if I will keep doing all this you'll beat me?"..She asked with uncertainty and now it's his time to be shocked. He didn't thought that she will take his words this much wrong.

Manik : "Are you insane Mrs. M?, Do I look like a sadist to you?".. he asked out of blue and she looked at him with wide eyes.

Nandini : "Are you?"..Her question made him stunned, he opened his mouth to utter something but then closed it, he narrowed his eyes on her and she purse her lips together to control the laughter which can burst out anytime. While he doesn't find all this funny at all, his eyes still glaring at her and she didn't stopped pissing him off by that smirk on her face.

Manik: "Mrs. M neither Am a sadist nor am an abuser, but yes I mean it when I said I won't let you stand on your feet not by beating you but by showing all the harsh ways of having sex. ".. he said without any shame and she chuckled.

She calls me mercurial but it's her who is mercurial. His subconscious stated blankly.

But it's such a beautiful sound!! Her giggle!! It's a such peaceful view!! Her smiling face... his subconscious started ogling at her with hearts in eyes and all Manik could do is pass deadly glares to his subconscious.

Manik : "What's amusing you?".. he asked being irritated..

Nandini : "Nothing Mr. M let's go in..".. she held his hand all of a sudden leaving him shocked.

Okay! She has crossed my limits of being shocked. His subconscious giggled this time.

Without arguing with this insane woman, he walked straight to the garden inside which is looking breathtaking. So simple yet so elegant and beautiful as heaven. The whole decoration is done just like he likes, Simple!

Nandini : "That's really beautiful and peaceful at the same time.. Rare combination..".. she murmured while walking inside and he smiled but looked bemused.

Manik : "Why rare Mrs. M?".. he asked after placing his hand on hers which is on his arms.

Nandini : "Rare to be find in your den, it looks more haunted place to me. Peaceful environment is far distinct vision..".. she mocked plainly and he just rolled his eyes on her.

Manik : "I thought we decided to behave!".. he whispered when people started looking at the couple walking together holding hands. They both faked smiled and she leaned to him a bit.

Nandini : "Did we really?".. she asked and he looked at her angrily.

• Even when I strongly dislikes people stare back in my eyes, it's something unusual in her stare which I can never get angry of.. •

Manik : "Dadi is coming.. Behave!!".. he muttered harshly and this time his tone is very authoritative. This time she didn't played any trick but simply obeys him which made him shocked once again.

It's so hard to understand a woman and it's impossible if she is your wife..His subconscious murmured back while Manik totally ignored.

Dadi : "Gosh! so good to see you both my darlings.."..she hugged Manik and then Nandini, they both passed a big smile to her and held each others hands once more as if they are in much love couple, who don't leave each other not even for a millisecond.

Manik : "Same here dadi.. and beautiful decoration.."..he appreciated genuinely and she gave her famous oh-so-lovely grin. She is the most lively woman anyone could ever met, she is Manik's mitochondria without which he can't function.

Dadi : "It's such a dark night today, no stars nothing but how can I let this darkness spread over my grandson's life, So i filled this whole garden with galore of sparkle. And you too like lighting, don't you?"...her tone depicts only love and affection for him and he kissed her cheek in return, she chuckled. But there attention drew towards Nandini who started talking all of a sudden but her eyes are lost.

Nandini: "Sometimes this much darkness gives a reality check, it tells how much you resemble this darkness, this night is indeed the darkest night with no stars and no sparkling, but isn't life is like that?, our soul is like that?, Dark! hopeless!. But at the same time we adapt the environment and make our-self comfortable there itself, You learn to live, you learn to take all the sorrows and then bandage yourself. You realize that there is no one other than you, and no one is going to safeguard you, you are suppose to be your own savior, when you'll fall there will be no one to make you stand but you've to stand by your own, when you want to cry hard there will be no one to console you or give you an assurance of being there. Its all about darkness which follows us everywhere but light always deceives, it leaves your hand when you need it badly but darkness remains with you no matter how badly you want to get rid of it......."

She completed while looking else where, for the first time Manik found a totally different side of her which is full of sorrow, pain, hurt and seems like she is broken from inside badly and tired of being strong, she wants to lay her head in the lap of her lover and forget all her miseries, her agonies. He can see the torments of her heart in her eyes which always remains devoid of any feeling.

He felt like someone twisted a knife in his soul when he listened such heart wrenching but deep meaningful words from her, What's that she is hiding?..

Dadi : "Nandini! darling are you okay?.."..she is the first one to break nandini's trance and she realized what she uttered some moments. While Manik is still looking at her like he is trying hard to study her, analyse each and every word she said. Dadi is looking at her with concerned filled eyes but before any one could interrogate her further, she burst into laughter.

Nandini : "Am perfectly fine Dadi, it's the hangover of my new novel. Nothing much!.."...she said with a forced smile which didn't reached to her eyes. Manik still looking at her with same expression as he realized that this isn't her real self. She is like a jig jaw puzzle for him, so mysterious. 

Dadi: "You scared me honey. "...she hugged her tightly after taking a sigh of relief and Nandini too give in. Nandini can feel his penetrating gaze on her.

Nandini : "By the way thanks for this beautiful dress dadi."..she said after breaking the hug and now this statement drew Manik's attention towards their conversation.

Dadi gifted her the dress? but when? ..his subconscious came out of deep slumber and looked thoughtful.

Dadi: "Girl you are enhancing beauty of this dress, it's an ordinary dress but you have made it extraordinary, am very elated that you wore both the dresses today. "...she kissed her forehead and just then some one called her so she left and asked them to meet all the guest and she instructed Manik to make Nandini more comfortable.

Manik : "But I...."..he was about to question Nandini but she already knew the question so she smirked.

Nandini: "Yes you burnt all my clothes but this dress wasn't in my luggage but in a packet, While you were burning in rage there I picked the packet from the bed and left for washroom."...she clear the air for him but she looked amused from herself and he started shooting daggers on her from his eyes.

Manik : "I don't want to create a scene over here Mrs. M but you didn't did right by messing with me.. Excuse me!.."...his threatening tone did nothing on her and he left to the bar counter just to calm himself a bit, leaving Nandini alone in the party amidst of strangers.

"Hi.."..she heard a very familiar and soft tone, when she turned around she found Cabir there..

She literally jumped on him, totally ignoring how many eyes are on her and specially one gaze which is burning right now, but she cares less rather to say she don't even give a damn..

Nandini : "Oh god Cabir.. you are here.. I was dying to see you..".. she hugged her best friend as tight as she can and even he hugged her back with the same intensity.

Cabir : "I missed you honeypot..".. and there is that endearment she really don't like and she knows he called her that intentionally because this irks her the most.. she broke the hug and looked at him.

Nandini : "You know that's so cheesy on your part..".. she murmured with a bad face which seems pissed. He laughed loudly along with her, they both are in their own world when she suddenly felt a possessive hand around her waist from the back.

Manik : "Mrs. M won't you introduce me to your special friend .. ".. he's smiling but his eyes depicts his possessiveness. He holds her like he owes her, as if she is his personal private property which belongs to him only and he doesn't like to share it with anyone else.

Nandini : "What you doing?".. she said underneath her breath while Cabir felt a bit uncomfortable, she tried to move out of his hard, harsh grip but Everytime she protest he increase the force.

Manik: "Don't even try!".. he warned her, she looked all around and then at cabir, she rest her case, she knew it's not the time to play.

Nandini : "Cabir, he is Mr. Manik Malhotra. And Mr. M that's my friend Cabir. ".. this was the coldest introduction anyone ever has done. It's like she was forced to do this and it's not even wrong either.

Manik: "Wow! You impressed me Mrs. M with such a warm introduction. Am touched!".. his voice holds Sarcasm at its peak and she glared.

Cabir : "Who don't know you Mr. Malhotra,..".. he tried to calm down them. Manik smirked and handshakes with Cabir, but it was firm all this while Nandini wanted to smack his head and just throw him out from there.

Nandini : "Mr. M I wonder how you become so successful?".. she said with amazed tone and rubbed her chin as if she is in deep thoughts.

Manik : "What do you mean?".. he knows she's going to talk shit only so he started getting irritated already.

Nandini : "I mean ..you have no manners to meet a guest, you don't know the difference between personal and professional line, You left such important clients right there and walked straight over here just for chit chat, that's so unprofessional behavior Mr. M ..." ..She said with such seriousness that Manik got more angry while Cabir tried his best to hide his smile. She faked a big smile and he left her right then, before she could exasperate him more he left without giving second glance to her.

Cabir : "God Nandini..You are so feisty...".. he complemented and she grin..

Nandini : "I have to be..Have no other option...".. she answered back and they both started talking, laughing whereas Manik didn't came to them again..But still his eyes are on her, every now and then he's looking for her only.

Miss me! 😋
Your storyteller ❤😘

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro