16 | Realization

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hey guys! I just watched Jet to the Rescue (the new Paw Patrol special episode) and it's awesome!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Night Five Part 1

When they heard Rocky die, nearly everyone thought it was all over. However, the mastermind had killed their joy even before it took root in their hearts.

"Don't even think about rejoicing, Paw Patrol," the mastermind said, cutting off whatever Chase was about to say. "It's not yet over. The murderer is still among you."

"What?!" Tuck blurted out, wide-eyed. "Do you mean that we evicted the wrong person?!"

"Oh, Rocky's on the evil team, alright," the mastermind said. "But he definitely wasn't the murderer."

"Does that mean... " Everest trailed off, locking eyes with Chase who mirrored her surprise.

"I'll leave you to your thoughts, Paw Patrol. I will see you tonight."

The speakers went off but no one spoke for a while.

"That bastard!" Tuck screamed in anger. "That fucking bastard! How dare he?!"

"Yeah, how could Marshall do this to us?" Ella whispered, tears in her eyes. "To kill our friends and lie to our faces?"

"This isn't the Marshall I know," Everest vehemently denied. "The Marshall I know would never hurt anyone on purpose."

"There's something more to this," Chase agreed. "And I intend to get to the bottom of it. I need answers."

Everyone's eyes sought Marshall, but he was nowhere to be found. Somehow, he had managed to escape during the chaos.

Chase's eyes trailed towards Marshall's bedroom door. It was locked, meaning that the white-skinned boy was inside the room hiding as he did two days ago. If it was any other person, he would have called him a coward. But this was Marshall, his brother in all but blood. There must be a reason why he did this.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nobody had been able to talk to Marshall that day. Attempts to talk to him through the door of his bedroom had resulted in getting ignored.

It's nearing midnight and nobody had heard anything from the black-haired boy, not even a whisper.

"He might have killed himself for all I care," Tuck grumbled when Chase voiced his concern. "Good riddance, I may say."

"Tuck, he's still your friend," Everest tried to say but was cut off by a glare from the male twin.

"He stopped being my friend when he hurt Ella on purpose," Tuck simply replied.

"I'm sure Marshall had his reasons," Chase said, frowning at his attitude.

"Marshall can shove his reasons up his ass. If he doesn't kill himself, I will" Tuck growled before stomping towards their bedroom and slamming the door behind him.

The three of them stared in shock at his retreating form. None of them knew how to react to that.

"I... I'll try to talk to him," Ella whispered before following his twin to their bedroom.

With Marshall and the twins gone from the living room, that only left Chase and Everest to talk to each other.

"One of us will be targeted tonight," Chase told the older girl who frowned in thought.

"What do you think we should do, Chase?" Everest asked.

"Marshall can't die, that's for sure. I won't let it happen," the detective said firmly.

"He won't," Everest agreed, "because we're gonna sacrifice ourselves for him."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

5 survivors remain

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro