28. Preparing

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" I'm Lucas Gallagher." The pale guy said and Katie realized that he was her childhood friend but knew she couldn't reveal her identity so she remained silent. 

Lucas glanced at the cheater and he muttered without looking at them, " Brandon Hollen." 

Lucas finally turned to Katie and she straightened her shoulder and raised her chin to look at him and said, " I'm Pidge Gunderson."

"BAHAHA!" Brandon started and they both turned to him to find him laughing, " What kind of name is that?"

Katie flushed pink and Lucas frowned at Brandon with disapproval.

" What were your parents thinking of when you were named?! BAHAHAHAH!" He continued to say to Katie but this time she turned to him glaring with tears about to spill.

" I beat you even though you CHEATED! Don't make fun of my PARENTS OR MY NAME!" She shouted at him with flame in her eyes.

Brandon gave her a smug look and turned back to the wall muttering some other things.

Lucas tried to comfort Katie but she eventually ran out of the room and slammed the door.

She panted as she kept running down the endless hallways but she finally met a dead end and sat in the corner.

" I really shouldn't have yelled.. What if they found out?!" She scolded herself but was actually proud to respond like that in the inside.

She closed her eyes and took some deep breaths to cool down her anger until she heard some noise coming through a fancy looking door.

" I told you that it would be exciting, didn't I?" Katie barely heard but recognize the voice as Lance. 

Another voice answered him," What part of that was exciting?"

Katie frowned, ' Why is that voice so familiar?'

She could hear Lance's grin as he spoke again, " Don't you lie!"

Katie then remembered that she wasn't supposed to be eavesdropping so she quickly blushed and walked back to her room.

When she walked in, Lucas looked up from the book he was reading and Brandon didn't even flinch from his spot.

She quietly and quickly walked over to her bottom bunk and grabbed a book to study and buried her head in it.

'Easy......Even easier...' She thought as she scanned through the book and smiled at herself for knowing it all.

Lucas turned to her and grinned, " Looks like you got it under control." 

Katie smiled at him, " Yep."

Brandon growled from his bed, " Can't you guys be more quiet?! I'm trying to sleep!"

Katie looked out the window to see that the sun was already setting, 

' Looks like I lost track of time..' She thought and put the book back in place.

Lucas did the same and changed into the clothes the maid dropped off right in front of her without noticing.

Katie closed her eyes tight to avoid looking at him and climbed into the bed with her clothes.

Her mind relaxed and processed information and she eventually fell asleep.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro