32. The Spar

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Keith flinched as the short boy's head snapped in their direction.

His eyes widened and flashed recognition.

Keith stared back, confused,and saw that the other man was coming back for more.

" Watch out!" He was about to yell but the short boy quickly went back into focus and blocked the other man's hesitant attacks.

Keith sighed and knew that he couldn't help anyways so he just kept on watching the boy's impressive moves.

" Your moves are quite graceful." Lucas said after dodging her hand and she grinned at him despite the current spar.

" Thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

Then she strike a kick onto his chest balancing on the other. Lucas stumbled back from the blow and winced in pain but he looked her in the eye and grabbed her arm to twist it.

Katie was shocked for a moment but before he could twist it, she did her first back flip to get  out of his grip.

Lucas held on tight to her so he fell in with the flip and she lost her balance. They both fell to the ground with a loud, THUD!

Lucas hesitated to finish her off so Katie climbed on him instead.

Lucas sighed at Katie, " Well..I guess you win.."

" My life and family depends on it." She replied, " So I'm pretty much desperate.. Any last words?"

Lucas gave her a boyish grin, "Do it. You need it more than I do. Though I hope your identity is not revealed, Katie Holt ."

As soon as he said that, she flushed and pointed her hand to his neck.

The guard said on the announcements, " Pidge Gunderson is the winner of the spar! He is now the last knight to join us."

Katie stood up and looked around the audience as applause broke out.

Lucas brushed his shirt off and stood up beside her with a small smile, " Congrats."

She beamed at him , " Thank you!"

Although he was smiling at her, she could tell that it took away apart of his pride when he lost to her.

" I will miss you a lot Lucas. I hope to see you once again as friends under better conditions." Katie said

He smiled at her, " That I hope too. Good luck on this job, it may be difficult in your state."

" Hey. Now now, I beat you, didn't I?" She replied and he grinned at her,

" Fine I admit it, you did beat me with your ' ninja moves'. "

Then he imitated one of her defending and kicking move, " Hi-yah!"

They both burst out in laughter and Katie gave him a quick hug before the guards led him away.

" You know where to find me..I better see you again, alright? Come and visit when you can.....We missed you." Lucas said to Katie, looking back.

She put a fist to her heart and smiled slowly, "...I promise..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro