48. Calling of the Other Soul

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" What..What does that mean?" Keith asked for the both of them because he knew the short boy also wanted to know.

" It's kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best to answer your question." The doctor said and the short boy scooted in closer.

" It affects you and the person you are mentally connected. When you guys meet at least once, the connection is weak but you will feel connected to their emotions and feelings physically too. The problem is that you never know who it is unless you witness what they're doing and feel it yourself."

The doctor paused for a moment to catch his breath and then continued,

" If one person feel something negative very strongly, the other person will seek them wherever they are. When they start being by each other often, the callings and the connection will not be felt anymore because both are already close in person. This will only happen to beasts and the person they're mentally connected to." 

The doctor finished and Katie turned around and frowned to herself.

' Does that mean I'm connected to a beast or that I'm a beast myself..?' She thought but shook her head to it,

' No way, I can't be a beast. That must mean I'm connected to one...But who?'

She turned back to the doctor who was still speaking and glanced at Keith who was deep in thought.

'..Could it be him?' She thought and argued with herself whether it was Keith or not, ' No it can't be because it's too good to be true.'

" Anyways, anything else you want to ask Prince Keith?" The doctor asked and brought Katie back to reality.

" I- How do you know all of that?" Keith blurted out informally and covered his mouth with a hand quickly.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He started but the doctor started laughing.

" Please don't feel sorry, you remind me so much of your mother when she was about your age."

Keith blushed a light pink, " My mother?"

" Yes, your mother. Very curious that little one and always came up to me with different questions everyday....One day she fell in love with a person of no royal blood-"

He stopped and changed the topic, 

" I'm sorry, what was it that you asked earlier?"

Keith frowned, " What happened to the person?"

He sighed grimly and said in a hard voice,

" He was executed right in front of her by the order of your grandfather, her father at that time. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. She threw a fit, sobbed and cried madly, and tore all her dresses and stopped asking questions..Became blank. That poor child, if only her situation was different."

The doctor finished with misty eyes and Keith and Katie could both see clearly that he loved the Queen like his own daughter.

" I'm sorry, please don't tell your mother I told you. She doesn't like it brought up."

" Alright." Keith said quietly, " I never knew she had to go through that.."

' Maybe mother didn't want that to happen to me that day..'  Keith thought to himself, 

' But why am I still so selfish? Why do I still want Katie Holt even if it could kill her and ruin me..?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

2 more Fridays to go! 

Do you guys think Keith's grandfather was way too harsh on the Queen in doing it right in front of her?

This chapter showed a bit about the Queen's background. If you want to find out more, stay tuned because I'm pretty sure I'll add it later on.

Thank you for reading this chapter!

Have a good day!

- Silver

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro