53. Awake

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Keith walked down the hallway of the castle still shaking his head.

How was it that he just suddenly saw her in him?

He clucked his tongue coming to the conclusion that he was just being delusional from the lack of sleep and Katie and the short knight were probably not related in any way at all.

When he stepped into his room, his usually quiet butler spoke.

" Knight Mclain has awakened, sir."

Keith stopped in his tracks.

" Lance is awake?!"

As soon as his butler nodded yes he zoomed out of his room, his speed inhumanly.

Though he tried to look calm, walking into the medical room, his heavy breathing from his run and beads of sweat on his forehead gave it away that he was not, by all means, calm.

" Are you that excited to see me again?" Lance said shooting a smirk in his way.

Keith scowled but he didn't argue because a part of it knew it was true.

Lance winced as he tried to get up and Keith's scowl quickly disappeared.

" Don't move or the stitches will become undone." A nurse said from beside his medical bed.

" You heard her, don't move for the rest of the month." Keith said carefully letting him lay back down.

Lance frowned, " What's the fun in that?"

" Lance, you've been stabbed multiple times by some bastard, there's no way I'm letting you move yet." Keith replied sitting down at the side of bed.

" Bossy as always I see. You never change, do you?" Lance said resting his eyes and smiled.

" And you never stop cracking jokes in the wrong situations, do you?" Keith replied.

Lance opened his eyes again meeting Keith's and they shared a smile.

Keith stayed by his side until he was able to fall asleep again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked out of the room with a lighter heart than before. Lance finally woke up but when Keith found the people that did that to him, they would pay.

Maybe with their lives if he was in the mood...

Keith passed by a mirror and suddenly stopped in front of it.

His violet irises were glowing amber and he felt fangs growing into his mouth.

He shook his head growling and he turned back to normal.

' The blood lust is really getting to me..' He thought closing his eyes and opened them again to walk to his father's court room.

" Ah, son. Good evening." The King said as soon as Keith walked into the room.

He sat down in one of the chairs crossing one leg over the other. Before he could say anything, the King spoke first.

" I chose you because I will not be available running this Kingdom and you want to avenge Lance right?"

Keith nodded.

" When will I be going?" He asked and the King answered,

" In a week. King Alfor is not a very patient man so if you can't find the princess, there will not be an alliance but war."

Keith nodded grimly agreeing with his father.

" Who will I be taking?"  He asked again and the King finally looked up at him from his papers into his son's eyes.

" I give you permission to choose 12 men you think is suitable for this search." 

As Keith got up to leave because all his questions were answered, his father called out,

" Choose wisely."

He left with a quiet, " Yes Sir."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro