74. Childish

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Katie got up early so she could be first to use the bathroom. She tiptoed her way around the sleeping men with her daily clothes and locked the bathroom door once she got in. 

She did her hygiene, slipped off her night clothes tightening the bandages on her chest and put on her knight clothes.

'I'll just take a shower later.' She thought as she folded her night clothes and walked back to her bed and put her clothes down.

She sat on her bed, bored, and then decided to tease a certain sleeping person. She tried to poke Theo but before she could touch him, his left head shot up and squeezed her cheeks together.

"..Katie..?" He mumbled, his voice rough and half asleep.

"Yesh?" She said struggling to say it correctly from her cheeks being squeezed together.

"..Oh, so it was you.." He said his lips spread out into a smile  and then giggled softly before releasing her cheeks.

Katie drew back blushing. She definitely had not expected that and she witnessed a rare moment of him giggling.

"Wake up idiot." She said near his ears making sure not to touch him again and after a few minutes he opened his gray eyes.

"Pidge? You're up early." Theo said as he got up and stretched his arms above his head, " Good morning."

"..What was that earlier..?" She said and he blinked.

"What did I do?" He asked, confused.

"Nothing, it's just that you were talking in your sleep.." She said and he frowned.

"It's probably my sleep talking, it happens sometimes." He said and blushed, "Did I say anything weird?"

"Of course not." She quickly replied, waving him off. "Now I'll leave you to do what you need to do."

"Okay?" Theo said and walked off to use the bathroom.

Keith was already out of the bathroom so Katie made conversation with him while waiting for Theo to finish.

"Does Theo really sleep talk?" She asked and his eyes lit up as he chuckled.

"When we were younger, he would always fall asleep in the library during our studying time and I heard him say all type of embarrassing things." Keith said sharing the stories from the past.

In the end they were laughing in their own world making the other men wake up and wonder what the Prince and the shortest knight were laughing about.

"He-" Katie paused being stopped by another burst of laughter, "He really said that?"

"I was right there and he didn't even know." Keith said, finally finding the end of his laugh.

"Thank you for telling me, I had a good laugh." She said wiping the tears of laughter off her eye.

"No problem, it's good finally letting all these stories out."

"You must really appreciate your friendship with the twins to remember all these stories from long ago." She said and he gave a kind smile.

"I guess." He said before leaving the room to probably meet up with Prince Oliver.

Theo came out of the bathroom as soon as Keith left and saw the smirk Katie had on.

"What..?" He asked while drying his auburn hair with a towel and she smiled.

"I now know all the embarrassing things you've said in your sleep." She said and he groaned.

"Keith or Mark? Who told you?" Theo said trying to find both boys in the room but had no luck.

"Alright fine you know now," He said, his ears turning pink, "Just don't tell anyone."

"Sure Ted." Katie said with a goofy grin and he threw the wet towel in her face.

After a few minutes the other men were up and out of the room to go in the dining room, leaving Theo and Katie to be the only ones left again. Theo couldn't believe he sunk down as low as a child's immaturity. The past minutes were spent in them throwing items including his wet towel around.

"..What are we doing?" Theo asked as he caught the wet towel she threw at him.

"Oh you're right, what are we doing?" Katie said with the same goofy grin as Theo looked down at his watch.

"We're gonna be late." He said rushing to pick up every item they threw around on the floor. "Help me!"

She helped him clean up quickly and they left the room trying to put on more serious faces. When they got to the dining room, everyone was already there except for the royals so they rushed to their own seats. The royal family came down as soon as they sat so they had to stand up again to bow in front of them.

Katie couldn't help but stare suspiciously at Princess Romelle.

"What are you doing?" Theo said through his teeth and nudged her lightly.

"There's something up with Princess Romelle." She whispered back and for once he agreed with her.

"She feels familiar.." Theo whispered,"But staring makes us seem more suspicious."

"Alright fine I wont stare." Katie said and with that their conversation ended.

After their breakfast, Keith and his knights with Oliver were back on the path to the villages except it was the greedier ones. Before they walked to the head of the first village they came upon, Katie saw Prince Oliver alone so she took the chance to ask him the question.

"Excuse me." She said in a lower tone and he turned to her.

"Yes? You are Knight Pidge right?"

"Yes Sir. I have a quick question." She said and he nodded.

"Go ahead." Oliver said and she opened her mouth.

"By any chance, does Princess Romelle know any arts of fighting?" She asked and it looked like he was genuinely confused.

"My dear sister, fighting? I haven't heard of or seen her doing so." He said and then remembered something.

"I don't know about her fighting skills but I know that she sneaks out every now and then. I know because I do too and she could be sneaking out for important things like I do so I don't confront her about it." He said and she nodded.

"Thank you for telling me, I won't bother you any longer." Katie said bowing shortly and walked away.

'So I got some information on her. I just have to know if she knows how to fight and she will fit the girl I fought in Dorian.'  She thought as she walked back to Keith and the rest of the knights that were already in the village.

"What did the head say?" She asked Theo and he sighed.

"We had to pay him a few silver coins for him to let us in." He said, "At least we're in now."

Katie nodded with his statement and proceeded to search the villages for any suspicious looking kidnappers and a white hair Altean Princess.

The rest of the villages weren't as hard to get in, except it cost Keith a bunch of golden and silver coins. By the end, they were exhausted and found no kidnappers or Allura and lost plenty of coins.

"This was kinda worthless." Keith said and sighed as he looks at the bag next to him with less coins than he started with.

"I'm sure my father will spare some coins to help you in your journey." Oliver said as he got on his horse.

"I don't know about that." Keith said as he also got on his horses, "But hopefully I'll get a bag of coins or two."

They rode on their horses to get back to the palace as the sun went down. After they left their horses in the stables, Keith and his knights went back to their room and Oliver to his own.

"Sleep well tonight." Keith said to his knights after all were done dealing with their hygiene, "We'll be leaving Emeraldis tomorrow." 

—————————————————————————

A/N

This chapter we got a lot of Katie+Theo moments 👀 (feel free to make up their ship name lol)

Yes I know guys, this is a kidge fan-fiction but no harm done in shipping her with Theo right? (*Laughs*)

Alright I'm sorry if you don't like Katie with Theo but I think it's kinda cute even though he is just a character I just made up (I'd love to see some characters that look like the twins)

Also what do you think is the connection between Princess Romelle and the Bandit girl?

I swear this is a kidge fan-fiction  😊 

But anyways thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you have a good time whenever you're reading this.

-Silver

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro