Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Neil.. I ... I need to tell you something."

Neil creased his brows listening to Avni. He was mentally preparing to console Avni. He nodded slightly and entered the room.
"I heard everything... what you and Prakash uncle spoke. You are my friend. You did a lot for me and Misty... and"
Avni sucked a sharp breath.
"Avni... no... I don't want to hear that. Please.. don't say anything further. Come on pick up your luggage. We are leaving now. "
Saying this Neil went near a peacefully sleeping Misty and picked her up.

Avni held Neil's hand and stopped him from going out of the room.
"You don't need to do this Neil... trust me. I will handle this myself. "
Neil looked at Avni's hand and her eyes.
"I know you can. But, I can't leave you alone Avni. I can't. I can't lose you again. "
Avni felt her heart flutter. She intriguingly looked at Neil's face. Neil held Avni close to his heart. Avni closed her eyes. She was tired and found solace being in Neil's arms.
"Don't leave me this time Avni.. please. " Neil mumbled into Avni's hair.
Fresh tears started to flow down her cheeks wetting Neil's shirt.
"I know a lot of things are going through your mind. Just relax for now. I will answer all your questions later Avni. Now, we need to get going." He caressed Avni's cheeks and kissed her forehead. Avni closed her eyes in anticipation.
Neil held Avni's right hand with his left hand and motioned her out. Avni followed Neil just as casted by a spell. Yes, spell of love! Spell of trust!
Swetha and Naina saw Neil, Avni and Misty leave the mansion in Neil's official car. They smiled with teary eyes.
Avni sat in the passenger seat of Neil's car staring the city lights that partially drove away the darkness of the night. She glanced at Neil who was busy driving in the heavily populated road.
"Neil..."
"Yes Avni.. what happens?" Neil briefly looked at Avni.
"Where are we going?"
Neil gave a goofy smile.
"Why? Don't you trust me?"
"Huh? No.. I trust you. I was..."
Avni blinked her eyes out of nervousness.
"Relax. Was just joking." Neil gave an assuring smile. " You are coming with an IPS officer Avni. We are going to my official apartment. I visit there often when I get busy in work."
Avni nodded and turned to Misty. She was sleeping peacefully in the back seat.
They took about an hour to reach the apartment due to heavy traffic. Avni looked at the ten storey building with a simple courtyard. It was neither old nor new, painted grey and white. Security came and opened the door for Avni. Neil also got out of the car and carried Misty with him. He handed the car keys to the security and instructed to bring the luggages. There were some more families living in the building whose names were displayed on the wall of lobby. Avni lazily went through it and found that Neil's apartment is on 3rd floor. There was a garden in front of the building adorned with yellow lamps which city casted bright patches all around.
Neil blinked his eyes at Avni assuring that everything is fine. Avni nodded and followed Neil. When the lift started to move upwards Avni felt suffocated. She started to sweat profusely. Soon she felt Neil's right hand on her shoulder.
"You don't need to worry about anything. This is a safe place. Neighbours are from department only. We can have a peaceful life here."
Avni wondered how Neil understands her so well. She was worried about the new place and of course about the safety of Misty. Neil's words gave solace to Avni's chaotic mind.

Avni.
We were standing outside Neil's apartment ringing the bell.
"Welcome bhabhi."
I got surprised hearing DD, who just opened the apartment door holding a plate which has auspicious flowers, vermilion and an oil lamp (diya).

This is how newly wed girl is welcomed in the in law's house. And what did he called? bhabhi? Means he considers me as sister in law!
I feel my cheeks heating up. I know Neil was looking at me but I am not able to meet his eyes. I scaned the boring floor to hide my flushed face from Neil.

DD completed the custom by moving the plate in a circular motion in front of us and ... wait... what?
I got totally numb when Neil picked the vermilion in between his thumb and index finger and applied it on my hairline. I stood there numb staring Neil.
"DD, take Misty to bedroom."
I blinked my eyes hearing Neil. He held me by both shoulders.
"What was that? You can't just put vermilion on my hairline. We are not married for God sake!" I freaked out. Finally I am out of shock.

"Forgive me Avni. I am sorry to do it without your consent. But, I know deep inside your heart you love me. I can feel it. Also, I know you won't admit it. You will put your feelings aside and think about me, Misty and everyone. But I want you to know that I love you.. only you Avni, since when I first laid my eyes on you, since we used to play together in our kindergarten. You are my only girlfriend. Once you left.... I was lifeless for months. I thought I will move on and be in love with someone else someday. But my feelings for you never changed. I hoped that you would come back to me. I kept your memories with me all along. "
Neil's eyes were glistening with tears and I can feel that my eyes as well too. Neil sucked sharp breath and continued.
"When we finally met after years at that new year night, I felt that you are someone I know very well. I looked for you everywhere and your lies... "

"I am sorry too Neil... I never forgot you. I also lived hoping that one day we will meet. But the circumstances were bad. We had moved far away with our lives and responsibilities.... " I trailed off.

"Leave all of it Avi... in the end we are Neil and Avni and we love eachother. I am doing this purely because I love you and I want us. Please place your right leg inside the house and enter into my life forever Avni.. Please."

Neil was looking at me with expectation and grief. I can't deny it more. I feel overwhelmed by the feelings for my Neil that I have been buried deep inside my heart. I crashed myself into him hugging like there's no tomorrow.

"I too want it Neil. I do."

To be continued.

Hi readers,
Apologies for the delay in updating. I was pretty busy in studies. This story is almost at finishing line. Only a few characters are left. Keep supporting me. I hope you like the update. Please vote and comment your thoughts.
Thank you.
@llsmthaz

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro