48. Grayson

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I follow Emery around. She's swimming around the pool like a goddamn fish as I try my best not to laugh. She's so fucking adorable.

"Gray," she calls and swims back over to me. She wraps her legs around my waist and grins.

"Hi, baby," I smile, kissing her forehead.

"I don't want to play this game anymore," she shakes her head.

"What do you want to play then, baby?" I wipe the hair out of her face.

"I don't—"

"Grayson," Devyn calls. We both turn to look and he waves me over.

"I'll be back, okay?" I kiss her nose and she nods.

"Hm?" I ask Devyn when I get closer to him.

"Were you guys planning on going back to the house after this?" He asks. "We were planning on ordering pizza but we need to know how much to order."

"Yeah, I think we are," I murmur. I turn to look for Emery but can't find her. "Where the hell did she go?"

Devyn turns to look for her and when I hear him laughing, I turn to where he's looking. Emery is doing flips in the water with a couple of little kids.

"Emmy," I shake my head, laughing quietly.

"Okay. I'll let you go get your girlfriend," Devyn nods and I swim over to Emery. I sneak up behind her and lift her out of the water and onto my shoulders.

"Oh hi—"

I throw her legs up and over my shoulders and she lands in the water. She comes up gasping and laughing.

Two little girls grab onto my arms and start yelling.

"I want a turn," one of them shrieks.

"No, do me," the other one screeches.

Emery watches, giggling to herself.

I put the first kid on my shoulders before launching her off and she comes right back, telling me to do it again.

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown Emery.

I do it a couple more times before they swim off.

I take a deep breath and Emery wraps her arms around my waist.

"I think they have a crush on you," she giggles.

"They're like seven," I shake my head. "They do not have a crush on me."

"Um, excuse you, but they're actually eleven," she narrows her eyes.

"Right. Of course," I nod, kissing her nose.

"I fucking love your hair wet," she smiles. I shake my head like a dog and she squeals, shielding her face.

"Gray, I'm hungry," she looks up at me and her eyes widen.

"I figured you would be," I put her on my shoulders again and start walking to the stairs. "I got you some extra food when we were at Five Guys."

"You did?" She grabs at my hair.

"Yep," I leave her on my shoulders as I walk to the table our stuff is at. I sit her down in one of the lounge chairs and grab the bag of food. She uses one of the towels to dry her hands before she starts eating.

I lay down between her legs, my head resting on her chest. She uses my back as a table and stuffs a fry into her mouth.

"Open," she grins.

"What—"

She pushes a fry into my mouth.

"Sorry," she giggles.

She leans over and bites the other half of it off before kissing me.

Her lips are soft from being in the pool. I cup her cheek and kiss her back.

"Ew, they're kissing," a little girl cries. I look up and the two girls from earlier are looking at us.

"Is he your boyfriend?" The other one asks Emery.

"Yeah, he is," Emery wags her eyebrows at them playfully.

"Ew," they shriek, running away.

Emery laughs to herself and I look up at her.

"Kids are so cute," she smiles, eating more of her food.

"They aren't going to be cute if they fucking interrupt me every time I go to kiss my girlfriend," I mutter.

Emery smiles and kisses me quickly.

"See, no interruptions that time," she grins.

"That's not what I meant," I scowl.

"We can make out when we get home," she whispers in my ear.

"Deal," I cling to her and rest my head on her stomach, waiting for her to finish eating.

I hear my phone buzz and reach out to grab it.

Dad: Grayson, why am I just now hearing that you got suspended?

Shit.

"What's wrong, pretty boy?" She mumbles, studying my face.

"My dad is texting me about getting suspended," I sigh, tossing my phone down.

I don't know what the hell to tell him.

"That's nice that he's concerned enough to ask you about it though," she hums.

I look up at her and she shrugs.

"I haven't heard from my parents in five months. And even when they had talked to us, it was just over text to make sure we hadn't burned down their house. This was like the third time Devyn's gotten suspended and they still didn't give a shit to call and find out what's going on. They pay the rent on their house, but other than that, they don't try to take care of us at all."

I press a kiss to her stomach and she smiles softly.

I didn't know how little she talks to her parents. I mean, I know that Devyn has said that they are really busy with whatever job they have, but I didn't think that meant that they would completely blow off their kids.

"Some people just aren't cut out to be parents. Your dad is a really nice guy. You got really lucky with him."

"I know," I whisper, kissing her hand.

She starts eating again and I lay back down on her for a couple of minutes.

"Are you asleep, love?" She murmurs.

"No," I mumble.

"You want to stay out here or go swimming again?" She starts massaging my back and I groan quietly.

"That feels good," I sigh.

She keeps rubbing my back until I feel myself drift off to sleep.

My eyes flutter open and I look up at Emery sleepily.

"Good morning, love," she smiles.

"What time is it?" I look around.

"Not sure. You only slept for twenty minutes though," she brushes the hair back from my face. "Are you still tired?"

"No, let's go swim," I yawn, standing up. I pull her to her feet and we walk back to the pool. She grabs my hand and leads me to the deep end where Devyn and everyone else are.

I dip my feet in and Emery tries to shove me in. I grab her waist and try to push her in but she clings to me.

"No," she squeals, crawling under my legs and shoving me again. I can't catch my balance this time and I fall in.

I shake my head when I come up for air and I hear the girls laughing.

"Come on, Grayson," Devyn laughs. "I thought you had better balance than that."

I grin at him and flip him off.

I reach up and grab Emery's waist, pulling her into the water. She shrieks and wraps herself around me, her whole body shaking with laughter.

"Oh my God, you two," Rebekah laughs and splashes us.

"Why'd you disappear for so long?" Joslyn asks.

"I got hungry," Emery smiles sheepishly.

"And then I fell asleep," I murmur, pulling Emery against my chest.

"You fell asleep watching her eat?" Joslyn tilts her head.

"Oh, come on," Leia smirks. "We all know what Grayson was thinking about as he watched his girlfriend stuff her face—"

"Oh, shut up," Emery snorts.

"Hey, don't tell her to shut up," Devyn narrows his eyes.

"She's bullying my baby," Emery frowns, putting her hands on my arms. "And I told you, I'm already pissed at you, so stop trying to make it worse."

"Yeah," I stick my tongue out at Devyn, just for the fun of it. I think Emery's rubbing off on me.

"I'm not bullying—"

"You guys are so weird," Rebekah laughs.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro