Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avi | Vrishti

Are you Sabrina from BBA first year?

No why you ask?

She's been staring at me from morning.

Avi glanced at the girl who had been staring at him for a while, making him self conscious. He saw her giggling when their eyes met and before she took it differently, he tore his eyes away from her. No way was he going to give her signals he did not meant. She was not the one he was looking for.

If you would have noticed, all the girls (minus me of course) stare at you all the time🤣
All of them be having crush on you.
You are THE college crush🤣🤣🤣

So you don't?

He asked gathering all of his courage, knowing completely well what the answer would be. He was taking his chances. Sometimes he gets lucky with them.

Don't what?

Look at me?

No why would I?
Did you forget I thought of you as rude arrogant egoistic narcissist?

💔

What a drama queen you are! I
don't think that way now.

Then what way do you take me now?🥰

Umm.
You are sweet, sort of funny, nice person and

And?

And amazing Dad to Alpaca.
Also, a very good son and equally good friend.
I'm glad I'm your friend.

Nothing more?

Was he just going to be her friend? That idea was little painful to him but could he blame her in any capacity? It was on him to blurr the reality of the whole virtual situation. What a sad yet funny irony was that!

What else?

Something? Anything?

Avi

Yes

I already love someone else.

The phone dropped out of his hand and landed on the tiled floor of the library. Everyone gave him a look and Avi could only silently apologize. He picked it up and saw her offline. She was gone dropping on him weight heavy enough to crush whole of his heart.

Who's he?

He asked her. He wanted to compare himself with him, with the guy who managed to have the heart of the most precious girl. He wanted to know if he deserved her. But at the same time he hoped she would not tell him. That would be a major setback to his heart. And probably, he was not ready for it.

◇◇◇

Vrishti was pretending to sleep when she heard the knob of her door twist. She was supposed to be asleep and here she was chatting away with her favourite person. She couldn't let her father see her violating the rules set by him. For once her mother could be buttered or melted with her puppy eyes but it had no affect on her father. It actually did. He just didn't let her know. It broke his heart to be so tough on his precious little girl but he was only being a father, trying to protect her.

Her father peeped in first to see if she was sleeping. When he didn't see her move under her haphazardly thrown duvet, he came near her, without making any noise. He looked at her still body and tears soaked his cheeks. He caressed her hair as he removed his spectacles. He pecked her forehead and covered her well with the duvet before closing the door behind him.

When she was sure her father was gone, Vrishti opened her eyes slowly, still cautious and when everything felt clear, she sighed. Tears brimmed in her eyes as she stared at nothing in particular. How she wished to end it all!

She picked up her phone from under her pillow and saw the message from Avi. She lightly chuckled and kept the phone aside. She would reply later. Right now she needed to rest. She had given enough stress to her father.

◇◇◇

"Alpaca, your mom likes someone else." Avi bent to place a kiss on head of the kitten who was busy licking his hand. It then moved to climb on him as he hugged it. A few tears vanished in the soft white fur. It was painful to accept the information that he was introduced with.

"Do I not deserve love?"

The kitten purred and licked his hand again probably trying to assure him of the love it has for him but Avi didn't know better. He picked up the phone only to see the message was read but she didn't reply to it. Was he not worthy of even knowing who she loved?

He should have known better when he pretended to have a heartbreak in the initial days of being friends with her to gain her sympathy or just to have a topic of discussion. Everything you say comes back to you in ten folds. He should have known that. But he didn't know better. And now the heartbreak felt so real, more real than he thought it would ever be.

◇◇◇

A/N: Uh. Vrishti already loves someone else. What a poor chap Avi is.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro