12. Self - Check (Once More)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

There will always be people to question your choices and decisions in life, even if they have no role in those said choices/ decisions. 

A lot of people asked me why I chose Literature as my higher studies subject when I had good marks in science subjects and wrote the entrance test. Yes, I like science subjects and I did write entrance and got allotment for engineering. But, it took me that much time to figure out my career. I was  always interested in the field of teaching, coming from a family of teachers. Maybe being an engineering professor is more rewarding in terms of salary but I wasn't able to imagine myself in that place within the next 5 years. On the other hand, I could easily see myself learning and teaching the subject that I love (I'm a long term planner). Sometimes it's not about what is technically correct, sometimes it's about what you love the most and what makes you happy the most. It's all feelings....how do you explain that to another person?

Next thing is about how people call me a "nerd". I  used to think it was a bad nickname in school so I often got upset when someone called me that. Then I realized what it actually means and it didn't bother me much. I mean, hey, everyone is different in their own way right? This is how I'm different.

You don't have to pay for your dreams right? I have a lot of such costless - dreams and I want to make them all come true. Because I want people to look at me with anything but sympathy. I want to prove my "sympathizers" wrong and I know I'm on the right path for making that happen.

"I'm choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I'm making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises."
― Elizabeth Gilbert: Eat, Pray, Love

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro