Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

At 3:30am, Johnny looks at his phone. "I have to go, Laken. The guys I travelled with want to leave now. I better go before they tell the boss I took off on them.

I hug him. "See you on Saturday."

Johnny kisses my cheek. "Yeah, you will. Take care of the girls for me." He opens the front door and exits the house.

I move over to the door and start to lock it when I see a black car follow my brothers. I scan the street and see a car pull into the same spot as the previous car.

I'm going to deal with that tomorrow.

I lock the door and switch off the lights. I climb into bed and let sleep consume me.

After Johnny left last night it took me a while to get back to sleep.

I wonder if that car is still parked out front of the house.

I move over to the window and see the black car still parked there.

I'm going to kill Johnny when he gets home. I can't believe that he would bring more problems to my life.

I exit my room and move towards the twin's room. I walk over to the window and lock it. I lock the door behind me.

Then I walk to the kitchen and pull out a butcher knife. I sneak out the back door. I scan my yard for a way to the get to the car without being noticed.

There's a few trees to the left. I dash to one tree and hide behind it. I do the same thing with the other three trees. I see two guys in the car.

As I look around street and I don't see anyone there. I lean down and run to the car. I shove the knife into the back tyre and then I move around and do the same to the other back one.

The guys in the car are arguing and I run back to the house.

I enter the house and make my way to the twin's room. I open the door and enter the room.

Gracie looks at me and smiles.

I lift her out of the bed and place her on the ground. "Did you have fun with Uncle Johnny last night?"

She nods.

Sophie climbs out of her crib. She looks at me as she stands on the ground.

"Do you girls want to go to Grandma's place?"

"Yes," they yell.

I walk with them to the kitchen and I put them in their high chairs. I put cereal in front of the girls and then I pull my phone out of my pocket. I exit the room and call Mom.

Mom: Hello?

Me: I know you saw Johnny yesterday. He came to the house last night and he had some guys follow him here. They know about me. They are parked outside the house right now. They don't know about the girl yet and I want to keep it that way. Can you pick up Sophie and Gracie up?

Mom: Sure. I have to figure out how I'm going to get them without being caught.

Me: I have a plan. You'll have to sneak into the house, though. I'm going to leave the house with the boxes I packed and take them on a detour to my place. While we're gone you can take the girls out.

Mom: When do you need me to come over?

Me: Whenever you can.

Mom: I'll be over within the hour.

Me: Thanks, Mom.

I hang up the phone and I move over to the window. I see the guys still in their car.

In the kitchen I see some Cheerio's on the floor and the girls are laughing. "Who did this?" I ask.

Sophie and Gracie point at each other.

I laugh and start picking up the Cheerio's off the floor. I move over to the cupboard and I pull out a breakfast bar and I make coffee.

A number I don't know flashes across my phone.

Should I answer it or ignore it?

"Phone," Sophie says.

I sigh.

Me: Hello?

Guy: It's Mason. I got a call from your brother he wants me to check on you.

Me: I need your help. There's a black car parked in front of my house. I put a butcher knife into the tyres. But, I need you to make sure that there's no one else around.

Mason: I'm on my way. As soon as your brother called I knew I had to check up on you.

Me: Thank you, Mason.

Mason: Are you ready for the competition on Sunday?

Me: Yeah! Does Johnny know that you're training me?

Mason: No, I told your brother if he needed anything to call me. But, I didn't make the connection of you being his sister until he told me about you.

Me: I don't like talking about my family that much. I supposed you know about my Dad's company.

Mason: I do. How does it feel to know that your company is a front for the FBI?

Me: I don't like it one bit. I just hope they don't think they can recruit me into their organisation.

Mason laughs.

Mason: You were recruited when you decided to work for your father. But, he didn't put you in the field as he preferred to have you close to him. If I had a daughter I wouldn't want her in the field either.

Me: I'll see you soon, Mason.

I hang up the phone. I pick the twins up and carry them to the room.

Gracie walks over to the cupboard and she pulls out a purple dress. She holds it up for me.

I walk over to her. "Is this what you want to wear today?"

"Yes,"

I put the dress on her and brush her hair and teeth.

Then I help Sophie get ready.

Mom enters the room and she looks at the girls. "Good morning. Are you girl ready to visit Grandpa?"

The twin shout. "Yes,"

I walk to the front door and I pick up a box. I carry it to the car.

Once all the boxes and the suitcases are in the car I climb in and pull out of the driveway.

I look in the rear view mirror and I see the car following me. I pull to the side of the road and send Mason a text.

Me: I'm going to my place. Can you meet me there after you've taken care of anyone else left to target me?

Mason: I'll be there.

Me: Thanx

I see the car turn the corner and I speed through the amber light.

The car follows me.

I turn a few more times and then I don't see the car behind me.

Mason pulls his car beside mine and he pulls his window down. "Are we going to yours?"

"Yeah, we are. Have you taken care of the guys?"

"It's done. No one will be bothering you now."

I drive to my place with Mason behind me.

When we get to the house Mason helps me take the boxes into the house. He looks around the room. "I like the security system you have in place here."

I look around the room and see the cameras.

Johnny went over the top with the security stuff.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of Foster Mom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro