Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Banner by TheBlueDJ thank you for the beautiful graphic :-)

I look at the time and I say to the girls. "It's time to say 'goodbye' to your Dad. I have a few things I need to do."

Sophie and Gracie put the toys in the bag and they wave to Ethan. They hold my hand and we walk out of the hospital. The girls climb into the car and I put their seatbelt on them.

When I step away from the door I crash into a hard wall. I look up and I see Ethan staring at me. I push him away. "What do you want?"

"Can we talk?"

"I told you before 'that I need time to process this.' If you continue to hound me it will be longer before I want to talk to you again." I move around him. "Don't call me. I will call you when I'm ready."

He sighs. "I'm sorry, Lake. I didn't think this would hurt you."

I ignore him and climb into the car. I start up the car and I pull out of the parking spot.

At my parent's place I see Mom waiting outside. I step out of the car and move around to the back. I open the car door and unbuckle the twins.

Mom walks down the footpath and she opens her arms for Sophie and Gracie. The hug Mom. She looks at me. "Is the guy the father?"

I nod. "Mom, you won't believe who the father is?"

She looks at me. "Who is the father?"

"Ethan,"

Her mouth drops open. "What did you say to him?"

I look at my car and then back to Mom. "I told him I need a few days. Can you look after the girls?"

Mom smiles. "Sure, do whatever you need to. I bet it was a shock to see the guy you have fallen for standing across the room."

"It was. I'll be home in a few hours." I climb into the car and I drive away from the house. When I get to a red stop light I see a message from Johnny.

I open the message.

Johnny: Where are you?

Me: Did you know?

Johnny: Yes,

I throw my phone across the car and it lands on the floor on the passenger side. I turn back to the light and it turns green. I drive through the intersection. I just continue to drive without a place in mind.

When I look at where I am I realise that I'm close to Harlow's Passage. I head towards the National Park that Johnny told me about.

At the park I pull into a parking spot and I step out of the car. I pick up the water bottle I had on the driver's door and I head towards a walking trail.

There's four walking trails here and I look at the map for the longest hike. I memorise the map before I head in the direction of Harlow's Peak. I look at the mountain and smile.

This is going to be a good hike.

I follow the path up and then I see a fork with four directions. I take the path that goes straight. I walk up the stairs and my legs start to hurt, but I pull through it.

As I continue to hike I see a look-out and I move toward it, from here I can see the ocean. To the left is a road with heaps of cars on it and people walking around the street. I take a sip of water.

I should get going.

I brush my hair from my face and tip a little bit of water onto my hands. I put water in my hair and then I move back towards the trail.

A couple are walking down the hill holding hands. The girl smiles. "Hey,"

"Hi,"

She stops to tie her shoe close to me. "You should be careful if you're going to Harlow's Peak. There's heaps of ropes around and warning signs that the ground might give way."

"Thanks, I'll be careful, then. Have a great day."

"You, too." She takes her partner's hand and they continue to hike down the trail.

I wish I was one finishing this hike. I'm not the type that starts something and never finishes it. I'm going to the top of Harlow's Peak and I'm going to scream.

I walk along the trail and I come across two more look-outs on the way. I decide that it's best to see the view later as I want to make it to the peak.

When I get to the peak I scream.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!" I take a deep breath. "I hate you, Ethan." I pick up a rock and throw it across the ground. I move over to rock and I sit on it.

A guy walks over to the peak and he looks at me. "Excuse me, Miss. Can you take a photo of me, please?"

"Sure," I rise and extend my hand to him. He places the phone in my hand. "You look good there." I take the photo and I give him the phone.

He looks at the photo. "That's perfect. I'm Harry and you are?"

"Seeing someone?"

He laughs. "Cute! I'm not trying to pick you up, but I would like to know the name of the beautiful woman that took the photo of me?"

"I'm Laken."

"It's nice to meet you, Laken. What are you doing up here?"

I sigh. "I'm dealing with some things and I thought the best way to deal was to go for a hike."

He turns to me. "Did it work?"

"Kind of." I look around the peak. "It's beautiful up here."

"Yes, it is." Harry whispers. He clears his throat. "I should get going. I don't want to be late to work. Have a good day."

"You, too, Harry."

He rises and makes his way down the mountain.

I take a sip of water.

I should get going too.

As I begin to rise I feel the ground shake beneath my feet and then the ground opens up. I fall in a hole and as I land on the ground I hear a crack. I feel a pain shoot through my ankle.

Tears begin to fall down face.

How am I going to get out of here?

I touch my pockets and then I realise my phone is in the car. "Damn, Johnny. It's his fault I don't have my phone." I slip my jumper over my head and I tie it around my ankle. I rise on the good foot and I look around the hole.

The hole is about six foot and there's nothing that I can grab onto to get out of here. "HELP!" I yell.

I hope someone comes up here soon. I don't want to die in here.

"HELP!" I yell again.

I pull myself onto the ground and I lean my head against the rock. "HELP!" I yell.

My throat begins to throb from the yelling. I open the drink bottle and I take a sip of the water.

The sun shines onto me and I feel my skin get hot. Sweat begins to trickle down my face. I look at the bottle and see a small amount of water left.

"HELP!" I yell.

My eyes begin to feel heavy and I close my eyes.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro