-13-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author note: I'm so sorry I disappeared for so long. I had an awful case of writer's block when it came to this story, but I'm back now and hoping to get back to regular updates.  You've probably forgotten what happened! So to recap -  girls are getting turned in wax figures. Frankie, Rebecca, and Jared are just about to take on some demons in the wax museum. They have to kill them in order to get to the main demon's workshop downstairs (where he has just taken two girls to turn them into wax instalments!). Lots of love, Lauren

---  

We've got this.

My heart barely has time to thump against my ribcage before Rebecca throws one of her knives. It hurtles past the girls stood on the podiums and hits one of the sallow skinned demons right between his eyes. His body falls to the floor and disintegrates into a pool of stinking black goo at the same time that everyone in the wax scented hall turns to look at us.

There's a deep intake of breath from the girls, followed by a stunned silence. And then the wax scented hall erupts into chaos.

"Way to announce our arrival, Bex," says Jared out of the corner of his mouth.

Beside me I feel him tense, his tattooed arms bulking out as he raises his knife. Rebecca readies herself beside me.

A few of the girls scream, scrambling down from the podiums they stand on, their eyes searching for the exits. Three of the remaining demons advance toward us while the fourth swipes his fists at the group of models who are trying to barge past out of the door. One of them gets hit in the face and her slender body is hurled across the space.

I've no time to see if she's OK. The three demons are upon us.

Jared charges – slamming one of them into the screen we just appeared from and jabbing with his knife. Rebecca throws a look at me just before the nearest demon swipes a sallow fist at her jaw. It makes impact but she recovers quickly, tackling him down to the ground.

And then last one is before me – pulling out a dagger from his belt.

We got this Eleanor's voice resounds around my mind. Though I can feel my own voice doubtful behind it now that I'm face to face with the top hat wearing beast.

His smile widens as he pauses a moment, looks me up and down.

"I can see how your blonde friend got in, but how did you get in here? You have no parts that we could use," he laughs, a hollow sound, as his black eyes glint with disgust, "You are worthless."

Adrenaline courses through my veins. So does anger.

It gives me strength.

He swipes his blade at me and I see it coming toward me in slow motion.

Side kick a thought that is not mine floods my brain and I act, swinging my leg to the side and hitting the demon's wrist. The dagger flies out and clatters to the floor.

Around me there is screaming but I focus only on my own battle.

Round kick.

I kick him in the chest.

"WE..."

Jab.

I punch him in the neck.

"ARE..."

Hook.

He stumbles as he tries to hit me but misses.

"NOT..."

Front kick.

My converse makes impact with his stomach.

"WORTHLESS."

Uppercut.

With an upwards fist I slam into the demon's neck and he is lifted from his feet before slamming into the ground. Rebecca, covered in black slime, throws me her knife and I reflexively snatch it from the air before baring it down into his heart.

His black eyes are wide as he disintegrates into the red carpet beneath.

Then my eyes dart around me, my breathing hard and my pulse fast.

Jared and Rebecca's demons are no more. The ten models in the room are beating on the remaining one. As we watch he is finished off by the sharp, stiletto heel of a girl with dark hair and creamy brown skin as she stamps down on his neck.

"Nice," comments Rebecca, giving an approving nod of the head as she watches.

They begin to barge out through the exit as the three of us share a look. The adrenaline is still surging like fire in my veins. The wax demon still has two girls down in his workshop.

I think of what happened to Eleanor. I think of her legs cut off. I think of the hot liquid wax hardening on her skin. I remember the sound of her screaming.

My eyes narrow and my blood feels like it's boiling below my flesh.

"We're running out of time," I say. "Let's go kill this bastard."

I begin to bolt down the red carpet to the stairs leading downwards, sensing the other two close behind.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro