18: Eighteen

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[I'vebeen noticing I'm starting to write in British English for some words??? I'm American

this is also a bit shorter than the norm because I didn't have much to give for this chapter, since if I added anything more nineteen would feel incomplete]

"Alright, so," Hiccup started once he got the entire gang (including his mother) and their undivided attention while Stoick blabbered on about glory and battle and dragged the scene out, "The plan is pretty simple."

He waited for the cheers of encouraged Berkians to wane before to began speaking again.

"You guys," he said, addressing Astrid, Snotlout, Fishlegs and the twins, "will distract the Alpha itself and get its attention off of Toothless and presumably the village. Mom, Gobber, you aid the Vikings in defending themselves in case Drago sends controlled dragons to attack them. Try and hold down the fort; you're the two most capable since you know dragons and the village respectively." Each nodded as they were spoken to, repeating his orders in their head to not forget.

"I'll get Toothless. Then we can kick Drago's a-" Hiccup was interrupted by Stoick approaching them and clapping Gobber on the shoulder. 

"So what do you think of the plan?" The chief was all smiles and merry; he spent over half of his speech encouraging the Viking armada to the level of confidence to go and fight and ended up encouraging himself as well with his own words. 

"What plan?" Hiccup asked. Stoick looked at him and his smile faltered ever so slightly.

"The plan to defeat that bastard, of course! Weren't you listening, son?" He chuckled before continuing, "Ah, of course not. I've forgotten that you have the attention span of a sparrow. We're going to come in from the northern side of the island and surprise them with our archers, then move in to take down the dragons and Drago himself, hopefully."

Hiccup stiffened at the word son, before crossing his arms and looking up at the man, who used to be so much taller than him, but was now but about half a foot higher. "That's your plan?" He would've scoffed, but his wasn't much better.

"What's so wrong with it?"

"You just said you were going to take down the dragons as well as Drago, for one. And what if his army is stationed on the northern side?"

"Then we'll take the southern route."

"What if his army wraps around the entire village? The Alpha would take up a good half of it otherwise. We can't go by ship. At least not all of us. Send some scouts ahead to see, and come behind them."

Stoick seemed to ponder a moment. "Worthy idea, Hiccup. You go with your friends and search a good vantage point where we could sneak in unnoticed, or quietly at the least. But I have one question for you."

"What would that be?" Hiccup's shoulders loosened. He almost looked for Toothless, since he was so used to his best friend at his side, but remembered and kept his gaze straight on the chief, his father.

"How will you get there without ships?"

"Didn't you know? The hatchlings don't listen to anyone. Especially not the Alpha."

Stoick nodded. "So you want to ride unreliable baby dragons across the ocean to an isle under siege by a crazed tyrant. You sure are a Viking in his twenties."

Hiccup rolled his eyes. "And you sure are in your sixties. Don't you have an army to spread the news to?"

Stoick looked amused for a moment before ambling over to tell the Berkians the change of plan, muttering "smartass" under his breath.

"Alright," Astrid said, looking to the mountain, which had multiple fallen ice spikes and newly added caverns in the Bad Alpha's wake. "Where are they?"

"Who knows? They're unpredictable," Hiccup shrugged before making his way [DOWNTOWN] up and into the nest, where there were multiple nooks and crannies the hatchlings could be hiding in. "They shouldn't be too hard to find."

And after they'd found them and tamed them enough to get on their backs, and the Berkians were aware of the new plan, they set off to Berk, to Drago, and to get their dragons back.

[We're almost to the end and frankly, I'm sad because this is a shitty fanfic and I like shitty fanfics :(((( help

also apologies for the short chapter again]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro