51 - How Deep Is Your Love

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

!!!Attention my creative followers!!!

For anyone who wants to create covers for AQMA and FSA the floor is yours! Create all you want and email them to [email protected]

Make sure you include your Wattpad handler name and Instagram name as I will be posting them on Instagram and would like to tag you in them!

I can't wait to see what you guys have created.

Be sure to follow me: @claireaabell

It's been several weeks since that horrendous day in court. It's been several weeks since I've had to look behind me when I'm walking or worry about when the next random threatening text will come. For several weeks I've finally been feeling relaxed and at ease, being able to truly enjoy my life in peace. Knowing Noah was behind bars has been the best thing to happen to my health in a long time. Unfortunately I still get letters that he sends me everyday, they don't get read though. Every letter he sends gets put into my draw so that I can give them to Oliver when the time is right, but at least he knew about them and where they were.

I couldn't help but smile as I think how great these few weeks have been. Work and school have been great, my friends are amazing and of course Jaxon is beyond the perfect boyfriend. I let out a content sigh as I started packing my bags, I needed to go home for a few days. Mums lawyer had been kind enough to delay the reading of the will because of what has happened recently but it was now time to get it done.

A week after court Dad had booked Monday coming in, to allow me a few weeks to just calm down and not jump straight into the next concern in my life. Honestly, at first I questioned it but now I'm so grateful because I needed that time to just recollect myself. I was able to put focus on the remaining few weeks left of school and catch up on my studies. We don't get much school time during term four because they want us to use our time to study for our exams.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and smiled at Isaac as he stood at my door, "I'm packing a few clothes for my trip to mums house. I'm going to be there for three nights, remember?"

"I know where you're going but why the fuck are you packing your English book?" He asked as he shook his head in humour, no doubt judging me.

"Cause I'm going for three nights?" I sarcastically questioned him back.

"Yeah but you'll be going through yours and your mums belongings, remember?" He responded, humour in his tone.

I let out a laugh as I shook my head, "Yeah, cause I have sooo much sentimental items."

He let out a snicker as he shrugged his shoulders, "True."

I smiled triumphantly because I knew I had won this little battle we had.

"I should go with you." He stated as he sat down on my vanity chair.

"Ha! You got jokes. I don't need you to come with me. I'll be completely fine."

"I don't know Avery, it just feels weird. I seriously don't like the idea of you going on your own."

"I'll be fine." I reminded him as I placed my books into my bag.

"Just call me if anything comes up, I'll be there quicker than you can blink." He said as he stood up from the chair.

"I promise I will"

"I don't like this babe." Jaxon said as he walked in with my basket of my clothes.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked as I grabbed the basket off him.

"I meant you going on your own. Why don't I just come." He stated.

I let out a groan as I started folding my clothes, "You too?! I'll be fine guys. Noah and Henry are long gone. I literally do not have anything to worry about."

I rolled my eyes as they both looked at each other before staring back at me with, Jaxon shaking his head as Isaac let out an annoyed sigh.

"I give up. I only try once now with this drainer. Good luck, dude." Isaac said as he walked out the room, a smile hinted on his face. Reminding me that he was only joking.

I let out a laugh as I threw a display pillow at him, "You're the drainer!"

"You love me!" He screamed out as he walked down the stairs.

"Alena! Let's play some zombies!" He called out as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

I couldn't hide the smile as I continued to pack my bag. I looked up at Jaxon who was just calmly looking at me work.

"What's wrong?" I asked, stopping in my track

"Nothing." He said as he looked around my room.

I slowly made my way to where he was now sitting in the chair that was previously occupied by Isaac. I stood directly in front of him as he leaned back to look up at me, "I'm fine."

"No you're not. Tell me." I insisted.

He let out a sigh before shaking his head, "I just don't like the idea of you driving that far on your own."

"You know, I can make it within two hours."

He let out a chuckle, "Yeah and then loss of license."

"True but it would be worth it." I said as I shrugged my shoulders playfully.

He reached his hands to wrap around my thighs as he looked up into my eyes, "I love you more than anything, Avery. So, no you will not speed because I need you."

I smiled as I leant down to reach his lips, kissing him softly before whispering, "I love and need you too. I promise I won't do anything stupid."

He deepened our kiss before gently grabbing one thigh to cradle him. I stumbled a little but he was quick to wrap his arms around my waist as I sat on his lap. I couldn't help but run my fingers through his hair as he deepened the kiss by sneaking the tip of his tongue in. The sensation of this kiss had me light headed, so this is what being "drunk in love" felt like?

He let out a groan as the ringing of my phone interrupted us, "I swear, I just need one day with no interruptions with you."

I playfully slapped his shoulder as I got up to answer it, "Hi, Dad."

"Hi nugget, you all packed?" He asked.

"Finishing up now. How come you can't just come up with me tomorrow?" I asked, curious about why he was coming up on Sunday, the night before the will was getting read instead of Friday with me.

"I'm sorry, honey. I have a few clients tomorrow and Saturday that I couldn't reschedule but I promise, Sunday morning I will be there."

"No worries Dad, I understand."

"Drew is coming down to your house to help Isaac look after Alena." He said as he shuffled through papers in the background.

I let out a chuckle as I tried to picture the two of them under the one roof for three days, "Yeah, Okay. This should be interesting."

He let out a laugh before responding, "Dont jinx it. Be safe, honey. I'll see you Sunday." He responded before we ended the call.

"What should be interesting?" Jaxon asked.

I smiled as I remembered the information, "Drew is crashing here over the weekend to help Isaac out with Alena. Apparently he's on the way now."

He laughed as his phone beeped, he let out a chuckle as he got his phone out to read it, "Apparently I have to be here to keep them both calm."

"Why do I get the feeling you're going to hire your sisters babysitting service?" I asked as I squinted my eyes in accusation.

"It's technically not hiring if they enjoy each other's company." He said calmly.

"I don't know if I should be concerned or not. I don't know why Dad just doesn't let me bring her."

"Not something a girl that young should have to sit through, babe. Don't worry, she will be fine. There are heaps of us who will take turns looking after her." He said as he got up and made his way towards me.

I smiled when he wrapped his arms around my waist. I leant my head back against him as he lowered his head to kiss my temple.

"I'm all packed." I said as I smiled down at my little hand luggage.

"What's with the two big empty ones?" He asked.

"I need to collect my things and go through any of mums stuff through the house."

"You only have two days. Will you have enough time?" He asked as he walked to the other side of my bed, before placing all the bags on the floor.

"Well I have three days. I'm hoping it's enough time because I honestly don't want to go back to that place."

"Well, don't overwork it. If you don't finish, I'll come up with you the next trip and help you finish." He said before smiling at me

"You're so good to me." I said as I let out a light chuckle.

"I preferred if I was coming with you." He said as he picked up my bags and took them to the stairs before coming back.

"I know, I wish you were too but I hope you understand. I need to listen to this will reading alone."

"I understand babe." He whispered before he leaned over my bed towards me. I smiled as I copied his actions and leaning forward, kissing him softly on the lips. With that said we grabbed all of my belongings, placing them at the front door. I had to make a move early tomorrow morning so an early night sleep was what I needed. After saying goodnight to Jaxon I did the same with Alena and Isaac.

"Avery. Take my car tomorrow. It's a lot more reliable than your car-"

"But Isa-"

"Nooo. No but Isaac. Just take the damn car and I won't take no for an answer." Isaac mimicked me before forcing the keys into my hand.

I rolled my eyes before smiling at him, "Thanks Zac."

"You're welcome, boo-bear."

I had woken up at four in the morning, in hopes that the earlier I got to our house the early I could start packing things up. It felt weird leaving Alena here on her own, I've never left her to go to a different town and it felt weird, not in a good way. This whole drive to my house felt off, my paranoia was getting the best off me.

After a few hours I finally managed it home. Immediately checking Alena's room to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything before I went into my room. All of a sudden I had a serious case of déjà vu, reminding me of the last time I had been packing belongings. I shook my head, refusing to think of that night. Especially since I was in this house all alone. I had been in my room for a good three hours before I started to get hungry, I groaned as I knew it meant that I had to leave the house to get food, knowing there was nothing in the fridge for me to make. I made my way downstairs to grab my wallet and keys but was surprised to hear the doorbell ring. I stood there for a few seconds as I debated about who it would be. I couldn't assume it was neighbours because my mums house was on its own huge block of land, the next neighbour wasn't for fifteen minutes and that's by car.

I let out a sigh as I made my way towards the front door. There was no point in standing here debating as to who would be at the door. At least I knew for a fact that it wasn't going to be the two people I hated the most. I let out a sigh as I walked to the front door before opening it slowly.

I was completely taken a back by the person who was standing there.

"What are you doing here?!"

A/N: What did we think of the chapter? If you liked it, give it a vote. Also, go follow my Instagram @claireaabell

Next Chapter: There's no denying it, the very first chapter is happening very soon. Any guesses as to who is at the door?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro