(5)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Richey's P.O.V.

Again, I couldn't sleep that night. But this time, I didn't need to. In fact, I preferred to stay awake.

I spent the night staring out the window, reliving the last five years in my mind. The fame, glamour... Did I really want to leave all of that behind? Several times throughout the night I doubted my choice, but it wasn't enough for me to change it. I had made up my mind a long time ago.

As soon as I saw the first rays of the morning light peeking out from under the horizon, I made my move. I grabbed my bag that I carried my stuff in, then slipped out of the room. I walked downstairs into the reception, where I checked out of the hotel.

"Aren't you supposed to be staying for another night?" the receptionist objected.

"Yeah but... plans changed," I replied cautiously.

I rushed out of the hotel before I was faced with any more questions. I sat in my car and began driving, praying that no one saw me, although I was practically the only one on the streets at this time.

I drove for a few hours, until I eventually reached my apartment. It was properly morning now, and there was a lot of people wandering around. Someone would definitely recognise me here.

But if anyone did know me, they didnt say anything. I managed to get into my flat without anyone stopping me. When I closed the door behind me, I leant against it and breathed out.

I didn't have much time to relax, though. I knew that the rest of the band would notice that I was gone by now, and would no doubt be looking for me. I had to keep moving.

I grabbed a box and began filling it with random things. At least, to someone else that would seem like random things. But to me, that were special things. Once I was finished filling the box, I closed it and wrote on a piece of paper: 'I love you Jo'.

I stuck the paper to the box. Then I filled another box with more paper. Paper with lyrics that I had been writing over the past few months. I knew Nicky would know what to do with them.

I picked up the second box, leaving the first box where it was, and placed it in my car. Now, how I was going to get it to Nicky without them seeing me... I would have to do it discreetly.

I drove all the way back to the hotel and walked into reception. The same receptionist was there.

"Back already?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

I kept my expression neutral. "Are my friends here?" I asked.

She shook her head. "They went out about ten minutes ago."

To look for me, I bet. "Great," i replied. "Could i just drop this in their room."

She nodded and handed me the keys to their rooms. I took them and headed upstairs to Nicky's room. I opened the door. The room was empty.

I carefully placed the box on the middle of his bed. I stared at it for a minute, memories of him flooding back. I remembered the night nearly two months ago, when he had comforted me when I couldn't sleep.

Tears pricked my eyes. I turned away, wiping my eyes. Before leaving the room, I whispered into the air. "Goodbye, Nicky. I love you."

I quickly left the room, suddenly scared that they might come back. Then I ran back downstairs, handed the keys back to the receptionist, and drove off.

I had got all that I needed at my house, so instead I headed somewhere else.

I arrived at the bridge at about 4pm. The sun was just beginning to sink into the horizon, just as it had risen that morning. I stared at the sun until my eyes hurt.

I dumped my car next to a service station near the bridge. I knew someone would find it eventually. I didn't need it anymore.

I got out of it and walked over to the bridge. I stood on it, leaning over it to look into the water. The sun reflected off it, causing the affect of a thousand stars floating in the darkness.

"From despair to where..." I whispered.

Oof the feels!!!! And I bet you can see where I got the inspiration for A Design For Life from now!!!!!

Anywayyyy I hope you've enjoyed Part 1 of this story!!!! The next chapter will be the star of Part 2, aka how the band feel after Richey disappeared. Or at least how I imagined them to feel lol. Since I wouldn't be born for another 9 years!!!! And also since I don't know the band personally... this IS just a fanfic!!!

Idk where I am going with this but whatever!!! Comment what you think and whatever idek

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro