01/June/2017- The Fiction Awards

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

((WARNING: A fair amount of anger. No swearing, though))

So, today I'm scrolling through the Fiction Awards, remembering a few people I knew got nominated, and I voted for them so I was interested in who all won. So, I went and checked, and what I found was.  .  . Pretty upsetting, to me.

Now, the fact that only really popular books won (which is to be expected considering they got the most votes) irked me a little, but I didn't let it bother me too much. Not the fact that books won in more than one category (which ALWAYS gets me. Just pick one and let others win too, darn it)

What got to me was the the "Best of the Undiscovered", "Best Of the Beginners" and "Best Overall Account" groups.

All of these categories and the people who won bothered me to bits. Not the actual people, but the fact they won.

1. For the "Best Of The Beginners" TWO of three winners not only had more reads on their story than most stories I've seen that are actually from people who have just begun, and but they have over 10,000 followers.

Seem a little unfair?

2. "Best of the Undiscovered"

This is really annoyed me. Why? Because TWO of three of the people who won (the other deleted her account) had over 200k reads on their story. One actually had a million.

There are people on Wattpad who have barely any followers who have great books and really want to be noticed by these awards, but instead they choose people who are "undiscovered" because they only have hundreds of thousands of reads.

Only.

3. "Best Overall Account"

I didn't even bother to check out the accounts because the award was so dumb in my opinion. What even is a good account? It's your account, you should be able to do what you want with it. Without someone judging you for you're profile or how popular you are.

Gosh this is just as stupid as the profile critiquing books I saw once.

Sorry, but because of these groups, I'm very angry at the Fiction Awards, and while I'm flattered someone would want to vote my book, I ask you please don't. If I win an award, I want to it be an honourable award.

Again, this is also my opinion and you can totally disagree if you like. But please do it politely

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro