02/09/2017- Young Characters and Selfishness

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Selfishness, a character flaw everyone at some time in their life has experienced.

It doesn't matter what age you are. Twelve, twenty one, thirty seven, older, at some time in your life, you've been selfish. Even if you're the most giving person, you've done something in your best interest.

This doesn't make you a bad person. There are different types of selfishness. In fact, sometimes being selfish and looking out for yourself can be good. But don't think because of the fact you've done something selfish, it makes you a bad person. As I said, everyone has been selfish at some point.

Especially when you're younger.

When you're young, you're obviously not developed, and neither is your brain. You're growing up, becoming an adult, and sometimes that awkward stage in between we all go through are times we can be super selfish and think only of ourselves at times.

Gravity Falls does such an excellent job of portraying that. Dipper was selfish at times, Mabel was selfish at times, Pacifica was selfish at times, and Gideon, well, he's Gideon. Even the teenagers, such as Robbie were selfish at times.

But my point is, when you're young, you do selfish things. Maybe not in the way most people think is selfish, but you do. I have, I will admit. That's because you're young and you don't always understand why you need to think of other people.

In Archives Falls, all of my younger characters will be selfish at times. Pacifica's version of selfishness and some of her less admirable traits really come out in this new episode. Wendy has moments. Bill has many moments. Robbie is, well, again, Robbie.

And guess what? That doesn't make them bad people. It makes them human. It makes them young. It makes them awkward thirteen year olds growing up.

So don't hate younger people, especially my characters for being selfish when they're young. Don't hate my adult characters for being selfish too, because adults can be selfish too. Everyone has selfish tendencies at times. (Though some people are definitely worse than others about it)

Does.  .  . Does that make sense?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro