16/08/2017- Here's Where I Disagree

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Where I live, every few years we have this standardized test from our province which helps the province track where we are and how our teachers do at teaching us. (ThiaHolimon will know what I'm talking about)

And let me tell you, there's no test I strongly disagree with more than I disagree with this test. And I'll list some reasons why.

1. One-Way Thinking

The test requires SUCH a mindset that not many people have to do well on the test. Even I, who I will consider a good student and work very hard academically, don't score incredibly on this test. Why? Because the quiz wants things done such a certain way that if you think any other way, you're guaranteed not to do well. I believe that's wrong as everyone thinks differently and it's not fair that if you think a different way, you shouldn't have the disadvantage.

Plus, teachers spend the next years until you have to take the test again making students UNLEARN what we've learned during the years of the test to think like and teaching the way it should be, open to whatever strategy you like.

2. Rushed Learning

Can we talk about this? How in the years we take the tests, about half to more than half of the kids I know never have the time to fully understand the concepts because the whole year is cramming for the one test that doesn't even become part of our mark until Ninth Grade? As someone who values education, even though I'm a quick learner and this doesn't bother me, I see how much it would bother other people. Learning concepts so quickly that you don't fully understand then being blamed on for not doing well on the test. It's utter insanity!

3. DOES IT EVEN MATTER?

We take this test a few times, but it only matters when you hit Ninth Grade. THIS bothers me. So, to get straight, our province is rushing a whole year of valuable learning, making us think in a way that everyone knows is wrong and teacher spend YEARS trying to get out of our heads because it's not right, and cause students to have a harder time following into the next year to take this test that in the end DOESN'T EVEN COUNT TOWARDS THEIR GRADE?

You see why I'm a little angry? My time is being wasted here. My valuable learning and time is being wasted because your test.

*sigh* I love learning. I love learning what I do at school and trying hard and understanding new things. But the school system just.  .  . Bothers me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro