007...Family Feuds!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER 7...part 2

(Let Me Down Easy — Daisy Jones & The Six)

WHETHER it be sheer stupidity, or just pure coincidence, Kara managed to run into her father once more. She knew it was bound to happen, but Kara quite liked her plan to slip in and out of the Mikaelson home without being in talking distance with Elijah. The man looked flustered, having walked in from the balcony and considering what he'd just done, he wasn't exactly too excited to see Kara after the fact.

"You look quite elated to me." She spoke sarcastically, a flute of cognac sat lazily in her right hand. She raised a single brow before taking a long sip of the alluring alcohol, hoping the buzz would make her forget everything that's happened in the past few hours.

"I simply find the occurrence...surprising." He spoke, careful of his words. He knew that one wrong statement could have Kara storming out in a matter of seconds, the thin ice he stood on with his daughter already cracking beneath him.

"Ah yes." She said, laughing bitterly. "How could I forget, you left me for dead all those years ago." She couldn't help the humor she found in the situation. Though, given circumstance, it was either laugh or cry through the pain and the former was far more appealing.

Elijah tensed at her response, surely she knew he left in an effort to protect her. Even if the solution he came to was all for not, it did seem the best decision at the time.

"Kara." He finally spoke, like an adult scolding a child. "You kno-"

"No, I don't know." She said, taking a threatening step towards the 'noble Mikaelson'. "Please, do explain to me why you left me." A glare made its way onto her features, jaw ticking like a time bomb.

"You were a child," He said, beginning to become exasperated, "I couldn't endanger you like that."

"So instead you left me to the wolves?" She inquired.

"That wasn't my intention-"

"But it still happened." She cut him off. "I was a child. A child who needed her father and you couldn't even give me that." She echoed. Their bodies slowly meeting in the middle, tension thickening the air.

The pent up anger and betrayal that laid beneath Kara's cool exterior began to crack as the thin ice Elijah once stood upon broke beneath him. A rageful sea sweeping him up as 1000 years worth of emotions began to surface.

"You knew bloody well what you were leaving me behind with!" She practically screamed, sound waves bouncing off the walls. "You knew they would fear me!"

"I left for your own good Kara." Elijah stated, deep breaths escaping his anxiety ridden body, "I never meant to hurt you." He stepped forward to place a hand on her shoulder, only for a red aura to emit from her body.

A sharp pain encapsulated his body, as if his essence was being sucked from his being. Never had he felt a pain such as this, white hot pain filling his body. A slight grunt escaped parted lips, vein pulsing from his forehead as he strained. Kara, sensing his discomfort, removed herself from his grasp slowly. Eyes wide as she realized what had occurred.

Kara stared forwards, refusing to meet the eyes of her bewildered father. Her mind swarming as she realized, she lost control.

Her back was leaned against a pillar, smoking a cigarette against parted lips. It was a bad habit, Kara knew that, but when her mind was overpowered by stress she was always led back to that damned pack.

"Those are bad for, you know." She heard from  behind, her Uncle Nik.

"I doubt it'll affect me in the long run," she laughed out, "besides, if it does start to kill me at least I know I won't die."

"Seems like a terrible way to spend eternity." Klaus leaned over the railing next to her, peering into the night sky.

There was silence, a comfortable one as the two stood there — the only noise coming from the hooting of owls and whistling of crickets.

"I never agreed with him you know." At his confused glance, Kara reiterated.

"Mikael, I never believed what he said about you." Klaus paused at that, unsure of how to take her sudden spout of kindness.

"And how do you know that?" He asked. And, even though he smirked like the devil Kara could hear the true questioning in his words.

"I'm not exactly welcome in the witch community Nik." She sighed out, a tight smile playing the lips.

Not only was she a siphoner, a magic stealer, but she was a heretic as well. Kara Bennett wasn't supposed to exist — and yet, she did.

"Well, aren't we a pair, the siphoner and the hybrid," he said, turning to face his niece, "abominations of nature." Kara didn't bother correcting him at the title.

He handed her an amber liquid, bourbon, "I can drink to that" he said, clinking his glass with her own.

Kara had left not even a few moments after, unable to handle being in the same vicinity of her father for much longer. Her hands gripped the steering wheel of her car tightly, knuckles white, her powers flowing chaotically. She may have forgiven the man all those years ago, but to forgive is not to forget.

Her radio blasted Mr. Brightside by the Killers as she tried to forget, nervous ticks began to pave way as she tapped her thumb, pressing her lips between her teeth, trying to control her rapid breathes.

Finally after driving for what felt like hours, Kara finally pulled into her homes driveway. She pulled the backdoor open, slipping into the comforts of her home, alluring scents invading her senses. She entered the kitchen, being met with Alek's back. The softs sounds of Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35 by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, thinly slicing freshly picked cucumber, a summer salad placed next to the cutting board.

Aleksander always found peace working in the kitchen, finding the act of cooking therapeutic. His mamma always cooked the most wonderful Gnocchi Sorrento, finding it to be the young boys favorite. You see, Sofia came from the Bennett witch line, powerful magic coursing through her veins as it did the ancestors before her. Her husband, Luca Valentino, took on her last name, loving the witchy parts of his darling Sofia. Months into the couple's matrimony, they found that Sofia's ability to procreate was stripped of her, courtesy of the jealous ancestors. In her agony, Sofia closed herself off, locking herself in the confines of her room as her dreams were haunted by the family she could have.

Luca noticed his wifes distraught, finding solution in adoption. That was where Aleksander came in, an orphaned boy at the mere age of 8. Aleksander was forever grateful for them, grateful for the home they gave him, for the love they offered.

I guess that was how he paid them tribute, by cooking as his mother once did, finding peace in the mere thought that making the dishes his dear mother once made, brought them closer together. He was broken out of whatever thought process his mind was festered with by Kara wrapping her arms about his torso.

She pressed her forehead against his back, inhaling the distinct scent of bourbon musk and sweet sandalwood. Alek smiled, turning around as he pressed a sweet kiss on her temple. He leaned against propped arms, sleeves cuffed and rolled to his bicep.

"Ciao amore mio." He spoke softly, cleaning his hands before running them along her hair. She smiled tiredly at him, stress apparent in her eyes. He furrowed his brow, confused as to why his wife looked as worn as she did. "What is wrong Kara?" He inquired, pausing as he focused his full attention on her.

"It's nothing." She said, but one look at Aleksander told her he didn't believe her apparent lies. She breathed out a sigh, knowing how he would react. "The Mikaelson's have returned." She spoke, her head aching, removing crystal decanter irish whiskey. "So he's-" "Yes, and seems to be dead set on fixing our estranged relationship." She cut him off sarcastically, the golden liquid burning her throat sensationally. Her husband removed his glasses, running a tired hand along his brows and eyes.

He rubbed his hands along her arms, comfortingly smiling at Kara. "We will figure this out soon." He said, leaning down to meet her eyes. "For now, let us enjoy one another, Si?"

She turned her head, a lively laugh escaping her soft pink lips. "You always know exactly what to say don't you?" She said, meeting his gaze. Her arms wrapped around his neck, his enclosing her hips as they swayed, his lips pressed against her head.

And, as the two loves stood holding one another, everything wrong in the world seemed to disappear. 

Kara lay in bed, the soft light streaming through the window awakening her. She peered to her left at Alek, being met with a sight of pure serenity. He was lain on his side, body moving in rhythm with timed breath. She moved forward her hand, lightly brushing a stray curl from his forehead, thus awakening the sleeping male.

"Good morning amor." He spoke, his voice rasped and low. He squinted his eyes enough to look at Kara,  a slight smile gracing his lips. She merely laughed, a melodious tune to Aleks ears, as she moved to get out of bed. But, before her feet could meet the floor, Aleks' arm snaked about her waist, pulling her towards him.

He buried his head betwixt her shoulder blades, inhaling her alluring scent of coconut and peaches. She laughed once more before twisting her body to meet his, pressing her lips against his forehead as she ran her fingers through his hair. Alek let out a sigh of content, basking in the touch of Kara.

"It is nearly noon mon cheri." She stated, attempting to move again before he tightened his grip.

"What could be more important than sleep?" He queried, raising a brow as he sat up, propping her against his chest.

"Hayley's asked me to come over." She said, sighing at the thought of seeing him again. "Something about reconciliation and how 'I'll regret it later on'." Kara knew the Marshall woman was correct, she couldn't just spend the rest of her eternity angry, but it did seem more appealing. She also knew that part of Hayley's incessant pleas of reconciliation were because of her infatuation with Elijah, Kara would simply be blind if she couldn't see the looks shot between the original and the hybrid.

Alek, sensing his wife's inner turmoil, placed his index finger and thumb underneath her chin, leading her line of sight up to him. He began tracing her lip before bending down to kiss her. Though short, the kiss held more passion than any of Shakespeare's plays, more need than man has ever known. So many hidden words laid beneath as his lips grazed her own, masked by desire.

He placed his forehead against her own, short breaths being panted out. Kara closed her eyes, wanting to live in this moment forever before reality could rip her away.

"You do not have to if you wish not to." He uttered out, voice barely below a whisper, his words only spoken for her. He ran his thumb against her cheekbone, softly trailing her skin as she leaned into his touch.

"No, I should," Kara sighed, removing herself from his touch as greyed storms crashed into honeyed bourbon. "I may not forgive him, but I can be civil if need be."

"Well in that case," He said, breaking the silence, "Do you think they'd have room for one more?"

"Of course." Marcel says, hand clutching a necklace, fury apparent in his voice. "You say our feud is over, but you're off building a weapon that can kill me."

"Well, I wouldn't need it, if I knew you could be trusted." Klaus countered, the rifted between those who were once father and son serving as barrier, separating the two tortured men furthur.

"Well trust me now and we both get to live!" Marcels' voice raised, the gravity of the Hollow becoming more and more apparent.

Klaus, disheveled and exhausted, looks at Marcel with such pain and betrayal, tears beginning to pass glossed eyes. "How can you trust yourself?" The Mikaelson male knew that this was the work of the Hollow, but still found it nowhere easy to witness who he once saw as family speak as he was.

"Spell beads," Marcel began, lifting the enchanted object in tightened grasps, voice shaking. "Keep me safe from this damn thing. I buried these here, and were done, alright? No need to fight!" The internalized fear and grievance began to sneak up on his voice, a snake that slowly slithers before its prey, striking in cold blood with poisonous fangs.

The Hollow, taking form in Mikael, began speaking bladed lies to his son. "He hopes to know your guard with his lies, then he will wrench the dagger out of his hand. Don't be a fool!"

Klaus, angered by 'Mikaels' words, turned his rage back to Marcel. "I am no fool." He gritted out each word, paranoia clouding his better judgement, pointing the sharp blade of the dagger towards the Gerard male.

"Damn it Klaus, I didn't come to fight alright?" Marcel began, hands up in surrender. "Put the weapon down." It became apparent that Klaus' mental state at the moment was extremely fragile.

"My family won't be safe unless you're put down!" His mind began to flashback to when Mikael chased them. Hundreds of years, thrown away all because their father wanted the siblings dead.

Marcel, sensing that Klaus' stance would not be swayed sped forward, reaching for the dagger. Klaus, seeing Marcel's tactic, moved the weapon away, only to be thrown a right hook. Blocks and hits were thrown in quick succession, ended by Klaus using the heel of his hand to send Marcel crashing through the wall.

The Gerard male began to sit back up, wanting to stop Klaus, but was quickly stopped by the Hollow taking form in Elijah, "end this." The hallucination spoke, standing dauntingly before Marcel. "There is no other way."

Marcel quickly followed 'Elijahs' advice, advancing towards the original hybrid once more. He threw his father figure forward, busting the staircase. He moved forward to grab the dagger, but Klaus was quicker. The Hybrid threw a broken piece of wood, piercing Marcel's shoulder and, using the Gerard's distraction, dug a second piece into his stomach.

Wounded, Marcel yanked the piece of wood from out, blood spurting onto the floor. "I should've killed you when I had the chance." He breathed out, Klaus walking towards him, dagger in hand. "Your mistake." Klaus responded, speeding towards Marcel, dagger pointed forwards.

They began to struggle, each man's strength used against the other, violence guided by the manipulation of hallucination.

"I'm not this things puppet." Marcel said, breaking himself free from the Hollows grasp. "And neither are you. Alright, we cannot give it what it wants." He attempted to get through to Klaus, knowing his fears laid with the worries of his daughter.

"Someone will." Marcel's hallucination spoke before Elijah and Freya broke the barrier, with the latter bounding to save his brother whence more.

"Kill your son Klaus." 'Mikael' spoke as Elijah and Marcel fought. "Otherwise, I will find a way to control him, and Hope will never be safe." His threats made Klaus' eyes go wide, staring as his son and brother fought.

He sped forward, snapping Marcel's neck. He began to hear Mikael once more, moving towards the hallway, Freya and Elijah following suit. Only, they were not met with the sight of their father. Instead, they say the hollow in its true form, a dark cloud ignited by flickering blue light.

The 3 siblings, far too caught up in surprise, did not notice the Original Siphon entering the room. Her heels clicked as she moved forwards, Aleksander following close in suit. She uttered out a quick spell, causing the ancient witch to screech out, before it disappeared.

Elijah turned around, eyes widening when he saw his daughter and an unknown male stood before them. "Looks like you lot need some." Kara said, brow raised and arms crossed. Her left leg was jutted forward. The man behind her stood in a similar position, though his hands remained in his leather jacket and his lips held a smirk, his head tilted slightly.

"I prefer my mind remained unaltered for the time being." Klaus said, refusing Elijah's offer of bourbon.

"Weird," Elijah said. "I feel the exact opposite." He stated before taking a swig of the alcohol.

"Rest easy brother, my spells have Marcel bounded and cloaked." Freya said walking into the room. "Even more, I can find no trace of the Hollow's magic in either of you." She said, making eye contact with Klaus, hands pressed against the table.

She turned towards Kara and the mystery man. "Though I can't say that I don't sense another form of magic." Freya stretched her arms forward, attempting to knock the two out. Elijah was about to stop his sister from hurting his daughter before the aforementioned female began to laugh. Freya, confused as to what was humorous to her niece, was about to send another wave of magic to the girl.

"Oh darling," she smirked out, speeding towards Freya. She placed her hand on her shoulder, painfully sucking the magical essence from her aunt. Freya began to scream in pain, Klaus and Elijah standing in alarm as Kara used her aunt's magic against her, giving her an aneurysm. As she screamed out, Kara stood with the man beside her, "you should know better than to test a heretic."

KOREY SPEAKS !

how did y'all like this chapter?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro