5 Drabbles

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Notes: I snatched a prompt list consisting of fifty one word prompts and have been writing drabbles about them when I have the time. Here are the first five— Arctic, Ash, Block, Comfort, and Kitten.

~•~

Arctic

Wind whips around them, snow and ice biting at their faces. The snowstorm rages on as the two demon slayers trudge through in search of shelter. Snow piles quicker and quicker on the ground, and with each step, Shinobu finds it harder and harder to lift her feet.

It's not the first time she's cursed her height, and it likely won't be the last, but her pride prevents her from calling out to the man in front of her, and as the storm gets worse, she loses sight of his silhouette.

Until— until— he comes up to her side and silently reaches out his arm, haori blowing in the wind.

She grabs it without a word, for once thankful for his silence, as he does not speak about her difficulty in the raging storm.

~•~
Ash

Demon dust looks like ash in the glow of the rising sun.

It blows lightly around her small frame and gets lost in the wind as Shinobu is silhouetted in a halo of pink that bleeds slowly to orange.

She turns back to look at him with a small upturn of her lips, smile radiated by the gold of the sun, and he turns away before she can realize he's been staring.

~•~
Block

He parries her blade with a quick flick of his wrist, and she flips over his body with just as much ease. Giyuu crouches protectively over the boy and demon girl, shielding them both with his arm.

Just how airheaded can this man be? Shinobu thinks bitterly, Truly his brain isn't quite this waterlogged?

"Tomioka-san," She says instead, polite smile ever-present even as venom edges into her voice, "Is this not against Corp rules?"

~•~
Comfort

The stench of blood hangs heavy in the air even after the demon is killed. Its victims— a brother and sister, living alone— lay in a heap on the old floorboards, still holding each other in a protective huddle. He should have been there sooner, he thinks, fingers tightening around his sword, he could have saved them.

He jolts when he feels a light touch on his fingers, and is met with the sad stare of his comrade. He feels his shoulders fall when she grasps his hand fully.

"We should give them a proper burial, Tomioka-san," she whispers, tone soft.

He squeezes her hand, "Yes," he mutters, "we should."

~•~
Kitten

The kitten's fur bristles when it hisses at Giyuu, tiny teeth bared as it swipes at his out-stretched hand with needle-sharp claws.

Shinobu laughs at him from where she stands to his right, hand over her mouth to stifle her giggles. "My, my, Tomioka-san, it seems little kittens dislike you as well!"

He turns his head to shoot her a small glare, "I'm not disliked..." he begins, but is cut off when the kitten latches onto his finger with its teeth. Shinobu laughs even harder.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro