5. Misplaced

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Khonjin was doing Khonjin stuff when he realized; Pent's still in the basement. "It's been like.. 3 days." He muttered shuffling over to the trapdoor thingy and knocking on it. "You alright down there?"

He heard Pent say something, but it was muffled by the door so he couldn't hear it. Khonjin opened the hatch, sticking his head in. "What'd ya say?"

"I said I'm fine!" Pent called over his shoulder, shifting and moving papers around frantically.

"Stop lying." Khonjin dropped down, having to steady himself with the landing. "Last time you said that, you'd been bleeding. ..Did you get stabbed again?"

Pent sighed turning around to face Khonjin. He looked as if.. he hadn't gotten any sleep since he went down there; which was probably true. "No... just can't find something."

"You should at least take a break."

"What's the purpose of that?"

"So you don't pass out. I'm pretty sure that you need some rest."

Pent rolled his eyes. "I don't need sleep."

"Your face says otherwise. You said it yourself; you can't control this place anymore. So that makes you like the rest of us." Khonjin walked over to Pent. "Who are you even looking for..?"

"Someone who meant everything to me.." Pent stared into space, seemingly getting lost in old memories. He quickly snapped out of it, turning to look at Khonjin. "Say, do you happen to know who owned this house before you?"

"No, I just got the house cause he worked for my dad, and did something to piss him off. Never got to meet him." Khonjin shugged.

"Hmm" Pent put a hand to his chin in that overused thinking pose.

Khonjin sighed. "Well, what was their name?"

"Who's name?"

"The person you're looking for."

"Oh... her name is.. Shelby.." Pent's voice drifted off as he noticed Khonjin tense.

"..Come again..?" Khonjin felt his heart rate increase.

Pent stood up a bit straighter. "Her name is Shelby Uavou."

Khonjin looked down at the ground, his face overcome by shadows. "Shelby is dead." He started for the ladder.

"...N-No.. She's not.." Pent's voice wavered as he sank to the ground and covered his face in his hands, muttering 'She's not.' over and over. Khonjin stopped, hesitantly going back to Pent and sitting down infront of him.

"Pent.. she died a long time ago." Khonjin slowly lifted a hand to Pent's shoulder.

"..H-How would you k-know...?" Pent looked up at Khonjin, tears streaming down his face.

"I.. I was  Shelby." Khonjin muttered, he closed his eyes and braced himself, expecting Pent to snap on him or something, basically anything but to feel a warmth around him.

Khonjin's eyes snapped open as he realized; Pent was hugging him. He could feel the larger male's body shake with sobs as Pent cried onto his shoulder. It took him a second to hug back, mainly out of suprise.

They sat there for a while, Pent was muttering random things under his breath though he was still crying out of happiness. Khonjin only caught a few words like, "..Missed... Shelby.. lost... sorry.." He tried to ignore it and just enjoy the embrace, since it was the closest he'd been to someone for years.

And they stayed that way, untill Khonjin fell asleep.

~•♥•~

AHHHH-- Kay, that uh.. I needa sleep. EXPECT A CHAPTER SOON. Maybe...

G'night mah popples.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro