10. Kook

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

THEY had stopped the boat so Pope and Cleo could go steal some food for them from a little shop. Which turned out successfully and they were now back in the middle of the ocean.

Pope, Cleo and Avery were sitting on the front of the boat laughing and talking while JJ stared at Avery, and how happy she was. And Kiara was staring at JJ.

After a few hours they finally made it back to Outer Banks, they dropped Sarah off at the chateau as the rest of them were walking off the deck.

"Welcome to Outer Banks, Cleo" Pope smiles

"You're crazy, Pope. Your parents are not going to appreciate me shacking up" Cleo laughs hugging herself to keep her arms warm.

"Of course they will. Are you kidding? Heyward might put you to work, but we could always use the help" Pope sighs

Cleo still felt like she would be a burden to his family "I don't know man, you sure?"

Pope placed a hand on Cleo's shoulder "yeah, look, he might squawk a little bit, but let me talk to him we'll figure it out"

♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡

"Welp this is me" Avery says bluntly opening the gate to her house.

"Wow, Avery you live here? This is like the White House, man" Cleo smiles looking at the Hepners huge White House.

"How Bad you think it's gonna be?" Pope asks the brunette

"On a scale from one through ten? Thirty" Avery replies with no emotion knowing she will get grounded for 1million years.

"Do you want us to hold up here?" Cleo asks Avery which she simply nodded no

"No, i gotta take this. Thanks for walking me. And Kie if you get grounded because you might text me" Avery says before walking up the stairs to her house as the Pouges walked off her land.

Avery took a deep breath and tried to open her door but it was locked so she started knocking. The door then flung open reveling her mom on the phone.

"I have to call you back" Michelle says dropping her phone and pulling her daughter into a big hug.

"Hey, mom" Avery smiles weakly as tears began coming out her chocolate eyes as her mom cupped her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Mom" Avery apologizes

"Oh my god. Are you okay? Micheal, Mike" Michelle sobs as Averys dad came down stairs running up to Avery and hugging her.

Avery looked behind her dad to see her brother Jesus standing there "Oh my god hi" Avery smiles hugging her brother as her parents joined in on the hug. Them all crying of joy.

♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡

After Avery took a shower and changed into clean clothes she made her way down to JJ's house but instantly felt bad seeing caution tape around his house saying 'Eviction Notice'.

Avery walked to the back of the house to see JJ fixing his motorcycle.

"Hey, what's with the sign?" Avery asks even though she knew what it was.

"Eviction Notice. Non payment or whatever, doesn't matter. This place sucks anyway. Great to be back in the Outer Banks, right?" JJ answers bluntly

"So get this, I had an email waiting for me when I got home. John B actually found Big John. He's alive" Avery informed the blonde boy who stopped and started smiling.

"Seriously?" The blonde boy asks still with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, he's at the chateau" Avery answer's his question now smiling "yeah, he thinks we're close so the same readies Singh was talking about"

JJ stopped smiling and went back to fixing his bike.

"Hey, look. My parents didn't even wanna let me out of the house, but I told them that I needed to check up on you" Avery says softly

"Well, it's not me you have to worry about" the blonde boy says leaning on his motorcycle.

"J, what's up? Is something bugging you? Does it have to do with Kie and you on the boat? Or me and Rafe? If so we're pasted that so what's going on" the brunette asks walking In front of JJ.

Avery looked at JJ in the eyes then at his lips JJ doing the same. But before they got to lean in JJ backed away.

"We shouldn't do that" JJ says walking away and pacing

"Yeah, we shouldn't" Avery softly whispered not believing her own words.

"I mean, it would all blow up anyway. You know? Like, look at you. You got your new threads on. Look at me, what do I got? This? This piece of shit? Getting kicked out of this place in three weeks anyway. Shit, i dont Even got parents right now. Why would you care? I'm just some loser that-" JJ rambles in frustration and sadness until Avery cut him off.

"JJ. I do care" Avery semi yells over JJ who just continued talking.

"No, you got parents that in Figure Eight, you know? You know"

Avery looked at the boy with sympathy "that's not my fault. Look, you need us, we're gonna help you. I'm... im gonna help you" Avery says cracks in her voice.

"See it's that right there. Okay? Like— it's so easy for you to say that. You know why? Because you're a kook. You're a kook, Avery" JJ yells

Avery held back her tears nodding "yeah, ima kook. I was such a kook when I was living in a cave with you for a month. Soaking in the Look life"

JJ just groaned in frustration "that's not what I'm talking about. God" JJ then got onto his motorcycle turning the engine on.

"J don't leave" Avery pleads but it was no use he left her in the dust all alone. Avery, knew everything he said was true except the part of her not caring. Avery, tried her best not let the tears roll down her cheek but remembering what he said to her, hurt her.

JJ still sees her as a kook and there was nothing she could do about it.

♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro