Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Derrick
She had not even allowed me to talk and then she hanged up.

I knew i hadn't been fair enough to her and i guess she might be pissed off by that.

I called her several times but she didnt pick.

Oh problems upon problems.

I was not in any good shape too to go over to her place.

I also did not want her to come and see me in this state because she had strictly warned me not to interfere in Drey's affair and i had promised not to.

Tiptoeing into Audrey's room, i went over to her side table for her phone but shit, i could not even dial her password.

I typed Elton as the password but it wouldn't unlock either. I guess she was honestly trying to move on.

I was so fed up.

I was just beginning to win her over and did not want any arguments to be issued between us.

Dheena
New York was so good. Well,i was doing great.

My business was better than usual and i was so happy. I am the manager of Khinnson Co-operations and work is what had brought me to New York city.

Simon, my husband, had always complained about me working too much and having much fun like i wasnt married and i couldnt contain it any longer.

Because of these and more, we had agreed to separate for a while though he either came to visit me or the kids once a while.

Derrick had informed me of what was going on with his kid sister, Audrey.

He told me about how she cried all day and night and I just wondered who this guy was and how she was so in love but never bothered to tell me.

I will say it is my fault and not hers though because if i was ever with her, all this wouldn't have happened.

Before i came to New York, i gave her some advice and told her to take good care of herself but i guess that it wasnt enough.

But I couldnt solve her problems for her anymore either.

She was a full grown woman now and had to do things by herself.

I sat quietly on my seat whilst sipping my juice and working on some documents alongside.

All of a sudden, my phone rang and to my surprise it was Simon calling. We hadnt spoken in a very long time now.

"Hello!"I said

Yh sweetheart!

"Uh huh what is it today. Or did you arrive in New York now?" I asked him.

"No! Not yet. I decided to pass by the house and you cant imagine what your daughter has done to herself," he said sadly.

"What is it?" I asked alarmed.

"You are even not aware of what is happening to her are you?"

"Lets not get started again Simon. I am busy right now."

"And dont worry too much. I know my daughter and she is so strong to overcome whatever it is."

With that said, i hanged up on him.

Only girls would understand me.

During breakups, girls are the ones who are mostly hurt even when they are the cause.

I had gone through that many times before marrying Simon and as i had forgotten about all these, i was certain she will too.

Its girly-stuff.

Puppy love always does happen in high school and college i thought not realising that some bonds were just so difficult to break.

Edwin
I had told Audrey about Elton cheating on her but she didn't seem surprised.

I thought she had forgiven me when she read my message but she didnt reply.

I tried calling her but her phone was switched off.

Though she was just a few blocks away from me, I wouldn't dare go to her house to make matters worse.

She might just give me a hard time when i approach her but i had to give her a little push.

It was for the better. This was my only chance and i had to make the right choice before it got too late.

Audrey
Dad had been very supportive over these past few days and i was grateful.

His presence made me feel better and even though he and mum separated, he never went so far away from us.

I felt so comfortable in his presence. He said he had only passed by to check up on us before he left for new York and that was why i was seeing him.

After spending so much time with us, it was finally time for him to leave.

He kissed me on the forehead. Gave my brother a manly hug and then said his goodbye, advising me to stay strong for his sake.

Derrick went to drop him off at the airport whilst i stayed back home.

The next day, i went to school.

The atmosphere was so cool and i was happy.

Anyways, i wasnt expecting to see Elton today after the beating Derrick had given him.

In a way i was sad he couldn't make it because of the fight but on the other hand, i was glad he didnt show up.

I was not in for any more drama.

Lessons were going on well and although i really didnt understand it much, i had to force myself to.

Final examination was just around the corner and i wasnt going to fail for any reason whatsoever.

It was luch time and i went to get something to eat in the cafeteria.

As i was walking, i was thinking of something i didnt really understand in my Arithmetic class.

I was trying to put one or two things together in my mind when i bumped into Edwin Bray.

It had been quite sometime since we spoke.

I could remember the last time he was trying to speak to me was when Elton came to my defence and told him to leave as i wanted him to.

Since then, i had not really seen him around. Just in some classes that i had with him.

"Sorry," i mumured and walked away.

"Audrey wait!" He said chasing me and hanging on to my elbow.

"Im busy," i replied and walked faster away from him but he crossed my path and when i rose my head to look him in the eye and tell him to get off my path, i noticed a very remorseful look.

"We need to talk Audrey. We cant keep going on like this.

I may not be so important to you but it hurts me to know that you still hold grudges against me.

Listen... i know i have been wrong.

I know that i took advantage of you in a way, yes but i am regretting it each day i live.

I know you are so cold hearted right now and though you are hurt either by Elton ...."

Before he could end his statement, i shut him up.

"Now you listen to me Edwin, whatever happens between Elton and I is none of your business so please stay away from it.

Is that clear?" I asked coldly.

"Im sorry,"he pouted.

Couldn't deny that he looked somewhat cute when he pouted like that though.

"So do i take it that you have forgiven me?" He asked.

We stared at each other for a long time.

I was still thinking of whether i should let go of what happened between us or still hold on to it.
Hey guys!!! Hope you are having a nice time at home.♥️😊

Do you think Edwin will be forgiven?(inline comment)

Thanks for reading.
Dont forget to vote, comment and share♥️

Stay safe💖💋

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro