Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Elton
Noticing that Drusil and Edwin were trying to create problems, i decided to ppay along with them.

After ordering our food, i caught Edwin stare hard at Drey and i realised that she began to feel somewhat uncomfortable.

I faked receiving a call from my mum and lied that she wanted wanted me home and that was how Drey and i got to escape.

Initially, Edwin suggested Drey stay and finish her meal offering to drop her home afterwards but she quickly said she had period cramps and thus had to rest.

I almost laughed at the excuse until i saw her look at me with warning.

"See you later guys," i had bid them goodbye and then we left.

"How could you think of such a thing?"  Drey asked as we sat in the car heading home.

"Ill take over my mum's business soon remember? I gotta' act like a smart business man," i said and winked at her.

"Elt... she began. Can we go somewhere where we could .....ermm talk," she said and i looked at her strangely.

This was the first time she asked to talk and i wondered if i had done anything wrong.

After looking back at me, she said,"Dont worry, i just want to be alone with you".

"Yes my lady," i answered.

We drove for a while and without realising it, i was heading towards my old house. It was where i was born and seeing it brought back a lot of memories.

Fortunately for me, the help my mum had hired to keep the place neat and tidy was still around so i could gain access inside the house.

"Where is this place?" Drey asked.

"Just follow me," i said holding her hand and dragging her towards the door.

"Welcome sir," the help greeted and her kids came running towards me. I picked them up after letting go of Audrey's hand and after some time, i handed them over to their mum.

I took some candy from the shelf and handed it to each of them. The girl pecked my cheek and giggled adorably whilst the little boy only mumbled a thank you and stared at me.

"I will stay for this day. I will call you after i am done, if nit visit some friends okay because I'll be needing some privacy today," i told the help.

"Ill go and get the children then," she said referring to her kids who had run into their room.

"You still didnt answer me." Drey said breaking the silence after the woman had left.

I didnt think i wanted to talk about this place yet so i took her hand again and led her up the stairs.

Finally, i began to speak. This is where i was born and where i lived until my dad divorced my mum. She thought it wise we move out after the divorce but couldnt bare selling this house. After all, it held all her lovely moment with my dad when they were teenagers as well as after their short lived marriage so here we are.

"You never said your mum and dad divorced," Audrey said more like questioning me.

"Yes i never did because my dad hurt me. I could never bring myself to talk about all the hurtful things   he did to us. My mum especially."

"But do you at least hear from him now? " Drey absked once more.

Yes i do... My mum claims it was onky a misunderstanding that caused them to divorce but i wonder why after realising everything was a misunderstanding,  they still didnt try to make the marriage work.

Did they not care about what the divorce did to me?... i began but Drey engulfed me in a hug. I guess she had realised i was almost at breaking point.

Its okay Elt. They may have had their reasons for the decisions they took. Ill be here for you all the time okay.

For once i didnt feel cautious about opening up to Drey.

"I love you Drey," i said.
"I love you too," she replied.

I took her hand and showed her around the house.

This is the kitchen, the living room,the guest room, my parents room...i continued rill we finally got to the study where i stopped in my tracks.

For the very first time,i was stepping into the place my mum forbade me to enter.

"Whats wrong?" Drey asked noticing my sudden halt.

"This  will actually be the first time of me entering this place! " i told her.

"Why?"

"Mum never allowed me to," i answered.

"But why?" She asked.
"Ive got no idea baby," i said in return.

Are you certain you wanna' go in despite the warning youve been given? Drey said curiously.

Why not? Its time i got to know all the hidden secrets of my parents, i smirked.

Are you with me?

I dont really think its a good idea Elt.
Lets do this together please, i coaxed.

I.....
Pleeasee...i interrupted.

Squeezing her hand in mine, we both shut our eyes and then i opened the door. To our surprise the place looked nowhere like a study.

"This place is wow.." Audrey said amazing.

I was extremely astonished.  The room was very huge but i had a little source of light so the place was not so dark just deem.

Pictures of my mum and dad were all over the place.
From when they started dating to their wedding day. Everything in the room was opulent and gaad it was like...whatchamacallit...
I looked around and loudly said "But why would my parents not want me in here if it was just these stuff in here? Why would they wanna hide such beauty from me?

"Dont be such a ninny," she answered. This room is their thing. It consists of only their memories and theirs alone. Can you see a single picture of you here?

I was about to say something when i realised tbat what sbe actually said was true. Come to think of it how many of my pictures were framed over here. None of the pictures contained me aside the ones on the centre table.

"Elt," Drey called. "Look at this," she said pointing at a door. I moved towards it and turned the doorknob.

I turned the doorknob but it wouldnt open. The door was locked.

"Its locked," i announced.
Drey let loose her hair and took out the pin that was holding her hair together previously.  There and then i remembered i had a jemmy in my old room.

It should still be there because i remember placing it where no one could see. As stubborn as ive always been, my mum used to lock me up, as a kid , in my room just to punish me for doing something wrong. She did well to also seize my gadgets leaving me with only a pile of books to learn.

"Wait," i said cutting short my thoughts after realising that Drey trying to used her hair pin was only going to cause damage to the lock.

"I...erm.. i have a jemmy, ill  go get it," i told her.

"How? Where did you get it from?" She looked at me wierdly. Were you some sort of gang guy in the past?

No im a thief," i cockily answered.
She cuffed my arm laughing and then she headed out.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"To your rooom of course....to get the jemmy. I cant believe I'd see a real one today.

But how did you figure out that it was in my room Drey? I mean it could be in my pocket, i shrugged.

"Oh my dear Elt... dont forget actions speak louder than words. Im smart too you know. I noticed that you were about headed out of the study before you told me you had that. And obviously you wouldnt wanna hide something like that in your parents room right? And besides, if it were to be in your pocket,  you wouldnt have been so worried about the house being locked and the help not being around once we came here.

So now, get your fuckin' ass ahead of me because i cannot eecall where your room was.

"Language girl," i said and she murmured an "im sorry."

Soon we were back in front of the door. We looked at each other  and then she gave me the "go on" look.
We've got this right?

We finally opened the door and guess what was in there..

Hi. Kindly votecomment and share
Lots of love💞

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro