Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Review #1 

Title: Whisper

Author: GnomeMercy

Genre: Short Story

Date: 1 January, 2020

Title: 4/5

It suits the theme of the story. Furthermore, the story explains why the title has been named as such, which is the crucial aspect for a good book.

Cover: 5/5

I love the cover. It's Cinzel font is classy and elegant, and the girl in the background gives tge whole graphic a more sleek and polished look. My compliments to the designer.

Summary: 5/5 

Your summary, even though one sentenced, had made me fall for your nook right away. Saying it aloud, it almost sounds poetic to hear, which is quite a pleasing aspect.

Grammar: 5/5

You have a good hand at grammar and punctuation. There were no potential mistakes that disturbed the flow of the story. It is not easy to achieve perfection in the grammatical department, and you had that excellence in your story.

Character building: 4.5/5

Though, Ashkay's character does not go under developing in the story, his love towards Rhea and it's depiction in his words does that job. Ashkay, I suppose, must have got a lot of criticism for being so pivotal with his feelings towards Rhea. Yes, many people must have gone on and on about how there was no character development, but to a reader like me, there was something that I found equivalent to it.

The feelings and the setup. It is difficult to write a short story because you have to add all the necessary elements of a novel in a restricted amount of words. Those who write short stories know how hard it is to meet every demand of the story in just a few statements. 

I found all those elements in your story: The beginning, the middle, and the end. According to me, story development is more important in a short story and your story had that development. 

Writing Style: 5/5 

Your writing style has always been quite unique and beautiful, even when you are randomly talking to people. Your vocabulary was rich, with distinct words sprinkled all over the tale you were trying to tell your readers. 

This line was my favorite because of its eloquent essence and relatable nature.

Plot + Uniqueness: 5/5

Yes, the idea of a suicidal girl is fairly cliche, but even cliches can be turned into gold with the right amount of effort. I saw that effort in your book. 

Yes, we see suicidal girls every day on Wattpad, but rarely do we see a boy narrating his love life to the readers, sharing his pain, his loss. He brilliantly captured how unstable it was to love someone who was going to leave.

You took a cliche idea and twisted and turned it into a completely unique one. Good job!

Overall Score: 24.5/25

Overall Thoughts: While to others, it might be just a story of a dead girl and his pitied lover, to me, it had a greater meaning. 

Loving someone who is going to leave. 

At some point in our life, we all love someone. It is human nature to love, but the eternal truth is that we are all going, we are all dying. Our loved ones, they too, are dying. 

But still, we love them. It tells me how courageous we humans are, to love somebody who will disappear from our lives someday, without any goodbye. The story told me how brave the human heart is, that even after getting shattered so many times, it still finds the strength to beat, even if it means living a life without a loved one. 

The story showed human nature, how we are strong enough to breathe, even when our lungs just sacrificed themselves in front of us. 

To me, that was the moral of the story, and I loved how it was portrayed. This book was an inspiration to me and will definitely be moving to the gems of this year. 

662 words

Note: I'm sorry for keeping this review short but that is all I have to say for your story. I'm afraid if I say too much, I'll be soon bleeding on the paper.

Your story was definitely worth my time! I was glad my New Year started with your story.

I recommend this story to all Teen Fiction readers!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro