011 •| Overlay covers

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Does this look fine? If yes, then proceed with the chapter because this is what the tutorial is about. Don't mind the text :")

1) Open ibispaintx. Proceed with the usual ratio (according to your wish.)

Now the question is, how to choose your face claims? (If you're gonna opt for two or more face claims.)

And of course if you have the idol ready in your mind, you need to follow two main things.
>Make sure they're wearing the clothing in a similar shade.
>The lighting should be similar, which means both the pics should almost look identical in aspect of colour, skin tone etc. Otherwise, you'll have to edit it out accordingly which i don't usually prefer since its an unnecessary waste of time.

2) Choose your background. (This is from an overlay pack from deviantart)

Creator :: cataclysmicly

3) Position your face claims on to the background by experimenting how they look.

To keep in mind ::
> I usually prefer one to be big and the other one to be a smaller version. This way, it gives a more bold look at the end and it

You can also try out various other positioning. But i liked the original one i kept, so i proceeded with that.

4) Make sure that your background accentuates the lighting on the face claims. So make your own background accordingly by merging and erasing.

Here, the main thing you'll have to keep in mind is that, while erasing, use "airbrush" tool always. It works like a charm.

Duplicate the main background and place it in the layer above your face claim. And then erase in such a manner that a few of the elements of the background are visible. It has to be able to give a kind of smudgy effect at the ends.

Duplicate the face claim. Set one layer to overlay and the other to normal, but with a lower opacity such that it gives a tinge of the background on his face.

Now bring on the second face claim (the smaller one). From the ss, you can clearly notice that I've merged both the backgrounds. You can also notice how the skin tones don't really match, so work on it by adjusting the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and lightness.

Duplicate the background, and repeat the same thing as you did for the first pic (the larger one). Erase in such a manner that it gives off a smudgy look at the edges.

Once again, always use AIRBRUSH for erasing.

5) Now, set another layer to overlay. Choose the lightest colour and using airbrush, dab on the areas where you want to produce an artificial lighting. Here, I've done it in between the face claims.

You can see it in the 15th layer. Once you're done, once again duplicate the background, bring it to the topmost layer, and set it to overlay and an opacity of about 15-25 according to your wish (as seen in the 16th layer).

Now, for the text, I usually prefer to add it in between the positioning of the face claims since it gives a dramatic effect. Once you're done adding the text, duplicate the background to the text layer to get a colour complementary as seen in the cover and in layer 19 and 20.

it's gonna be looking something like this now. You can also add subtitles if you wish and if you think the "line" part looks too simple.

me being too lazy to do some typography ;-;

Do let me know if this tutorial was useful! Comment if you have any doubts <3

Requested by Adiliraven

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro