35) A kiss from the Supreme god

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

********HADES*******

The chains were extremely cold, ice fog leaking from them due to how frosty they were.
They had managed to make my body temperature drop to about negative twenty, making my skin grow pale.

These cruel bastards.

If I was indeed a divine messenger, I'd have probably frozen to death from the cold atmosphere in the prison was. Everything was made of ice. And not the human kind, this was thick and hard as the strongest metals in the mortal realm. Its fog was enough to freeze up thousands of humans.

I exhaled, and the warmth of it was snatched by the coldness in an instant.

How long were they planning on keeping me here?
Would that little deity try to rescue me?

I'd have to wait and see what she was planning. If she indeed cared about me, she'd find a solution.
But the little troll had no idea how torturous this prison was.

I sighed, settling down my thoughts.

When I gazed to the left in the next cell, I caught a figure curled up on the blue icy floor. She was trembling, holding on to her dear life.

From the clothes she was wearing, she must have been a low class fairy that violated some ridiculous rules in Laze city.

But unlike me, she wasn't chained, only affected by the extreme cold here.

"You?" I called out.

There wasn't a response.

"I'm talking to you dear heavenly fairy."

This time, her body moved a little. Her actions were slow and weak, but she managed to uncurl and face me.
  Her lips were turning purple, just like her brown skin was slowly changing.

"How long have you been here?"

She crawled towards me, stopping by the bars separating our cells.

"Wh-whe-where i-i... sh-s-she?" The fairy asked, struggling to stay awake.

I got up from my corner and walked to sit beside her.

"Who are you tal-"

"M-M-Me-Me-anie."

"Meanie? Ooh! You mean Melanie?"

The girl nodded.

"She-" I stopped to think. How had a low class fairy known about Melanie's arrival in this vast realm?
    "Why do you ask?"

She shook her head. "Ca'...t-tell yo-yo-you."

"Hmm!" I tried to sound calm, but I was so pissed that this creature thought I didn't deserve to know the reason she was asking for Mel.

As my mind wandered off, a dainty hand creeped from the other side of the bars and rested on my chest.
I glared at her, demanding answers for this unwanted contact. But before I could cuss her, something yanked my mental body hard.

It felt like I was falling, and when I stopped falling, I found myself standing in the the void. All there was, was bright light...and the girl. She looked much healthier and lively. Her long pointy ears were no longer hidden by her blue hair.

She bowed at me.

"Kira greets you, god of the void."

"I'm not a-"

"Kira knows your secret, Lord Hades. Kira sees all that is to happen."

I ran a hand through my hair, a bit irritated by her mentioning her name at every sentence she uttered.

"Could you stop saying that."

She just smiled. "Kira apologizes, but she does not know how to speak properly, and she speaks through a thousand voices."

I sighed.  Whatever. I'd never have to see her again after this, hopefully.
  "Why did you bring me here?"

"The voices speak to Kira. They ask her to deliver something to Meanie."

"Melanie." I corrected, feeling impatient.

Kira only grinned. "They warn you not to interfere with her fate. They ask you, to stop hurting her."

I snorted, crossing arms on my chest.
"Who's hurting Melanie? Me?"

The smile on her face vanished, and her once blue eyes suddenly turned purple. "Hear us Hades, king of the underworld." From her mouth, overlapping voices hissed at me. The unexpected possession knocked the soul out of my body for a second.

"Her fate is her fate. Unless you aid her, do not get in her way  for your life will be ours to take." The ominous voices warned. I felt the threat register in my mind like an arrow had been plunged deep in my backbone.
These voices were not ordinary. They were not from this realm nor the underworld. The mortal world could not afford transmitting anything to the heavens without a divine messenger, which left a far greater question in my mind...what were they?

Kira's eyes faded back to blue. She took a step back. "Kira apologizes if she scared you. But it is her duty to deliver messages from the Watchers."

"Watchers?" I echoed cluelessly.

She chuckled.
"This knowledge is not meant for you Lord Hades. It is why Kira must find Meanie."

--------------------------------

*****MELANIE*****

His eyes were shut, but I could still feel his gaze upon me like a fierce sword edged on my throat.

I tried not to stare, and yet I found myself doing that.

He looked better than any deity I had seen so far, but something buried deep within my soul detested him. Like a hidden gem, the resentment shone the more I tried to uncover it.

"Ask whatever is bothering you." The Supreme god spoke out suddenly.
My gaze darted to the side as a lump seized my throat.

"Do not be afraid of me, I do not bite. But I could try if you like."

The air got caught up in my lungs, leading to a few coughs. Was he trying to create humor or was he serious?
His eyes split open, caging mine instantly.

"Do you like this world?" He asked, his voice void of any emotion.

"Um...I...I'll have the answer when I get the-the time to, explore."

"It's a great world, but I got bored of it." The deity confessed, still maintaining his monotonous voice. "I've done everything I could possibly do, making my existence almost gone."

Silence.

"Call me Laziem." The male said and shut his eyes once more.

Maybe, maybe I was judging him to harshly? Being the Supreme god had to be exhausting. Not forgetting how long he had lived, since the begining of time.

I eased up, letting my guard down.

"You can try new things from new people, or beings."

Silence.

I sighed internally, deciding to leave the discussion at that. With my limited knowledge on godhood, I had no right to offer any advice.
  My head turned towards the little square windows on the other side of the door, but a gentle hand cupped my jaw before making me look the other side.

Laziem was now sitting beside me, his purple eyes studying me carefully.
   "You're new." He whispered.

"Huh?"

When his eyes travelled down to my lips, I understood his words, but it was a little too late. The male came down, his mouth meeting mine in a delicate kiss.
It lasted for a few seconds, and he withdrew, yet never letting go of my face.

"You...you remind me of...her."

I stared up, mortified by his strange actions. Hadn't they said that intimate relationships were forbidden between deities? Or was Laziem above the rules?

He ran his thumb on my lower lip, as if wiping off his kiss on my behalf and then lifted his gaze to my eyes. "It's been so long since someone from the Yin came into existence." Laziem stated, now rubbing the corner of my lips. "You'll be the object of desire and hatred. Be prepared."
    In my next blink, I saw myself alone on my side and Laziem back on his side with his eyes still closed.

Wait, what the fart had I just gone through?

I touched my own lips, wondering if it had really happened or all that had been only in my head.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro