4)My dear Lucifer

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

3RD POV

Four beings sat on skeletal chairs facing each other that could have easily been mistaken for thrones in a human's eyes. Their eyeballs were pure white and their bodies motionless.
From their heads, each had a pair of gray horns sticking out, and their long black nails looked like weapons ready to take down a human army.

In a single breath, all their eyes regained some color while their bodies regained life.
The demon with the longer horns stood up, a purple-black robe draped over his right shoulder and his feet bare. Behind him was a purple halo that levitated perpendicularly to the back of his head and was twice the size of his own head.

They called it, the immortal aureole, signifying a state when any creature has cultivated their soul to being immortal and god-like but still weaker compared to the actual gods.
This achievement had given him the courage he needed to overrun the underworld and claim it as his. He was Lucifer, the once right-hand demon of Hades, the king of hell.

"Who are they?" Lucifer boomed and his rage was felt through the ground shaking beneath their feet a few miles from his palace.

"My Lord, one had the aura of the heavens. As for the girl, she smells like yin. The pure yin," one of the three answered.

"How could this be? There hasn't been a deity in thousands of years," another argued.

"It seems the information we received a week ago might be true. A kae has come to be, and she's already under 'his' supervision," the third added.

"What do we do, my Lord?"

They all glanced at Lucifer whose face was flushed with anger, his eyes scowling outside through the open double doors.
"Let me think!" He hissed.

For almost two minutes, nobody breathed loud enough to be heard as they awaited their leader's opinion on the matter.
"Let us focus on attacking and taking over other cities. I will go there personally and gather accurate information about these unwanted guests. Powerful as they may be, they can't see through my illusion. And the only idiot who can is in a coma."

"Ah, Hades? What if they're here to awaken him?"

Lucifer scoffed turning to face them.
"That idiot only proves just how much he doesn't deserve the throne. If they want to wake him, it will take some time to accomplish that."

"Mmm... That sounds logical. Then, what about the trip to the human realm? Those priests have been summoning demons and are now enslaving them using the holy water."

Lucifer's eyes hardened upon hearing this.
In a blink, he appeared in front of the one who had just spoken and grabbed him by his neck. "You're only telling me that my kind is now being enslaved? Why haven't you gone there already?!" Lucifer roared crushing his neck.

"Apolo...gies my lo... Lord," he choked feeling the bones of his neck snapping and pain erupting from inside.

Lucifer released him and he crumbled off the chair to the floor. "Take care of those human pests at once!" He ordered.

"Right away, My Lord," they chorused and immediately vanished, leaving Lucifer by himself in the large half-empty hall.

He closed his eyes exhaling, and the image of Melanie with her eyes burning purple filled his vision. A memory flashed in his mind. One of a woman with her long white hair dancing in the wind as if trying to impress her. She was draped in a royal purple robe from her right shoulder and her hand was caressing the head of a small boy with little adorable horns. The crown on her head was dazzling just like her aura and her smile.
She leaned down and kissed the boy's forehead before whispering; "You will make a fine king, my dear Lucifer."

"I'll take back the world you left behind, my goddess. I will continue waiting for you to come back and make our realm as strong as it once was," Lucifer murmured and tears rolled from his closed eyes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro