343 Guilty Spark

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The Pelican lands in a swamp as the hatch opens up.

Foehammer: (COM) The last transmission from the Captain's dropship was from this area. That was over twelve hours ago. When you locate Captain Keyes, radio in, and I'll come pick you up.

Y/n: Roger that, Foehammer. Wish us luck.

Chief and Y/n hop down into the water and start trudging through.

Y/n: Ugh, of all the places they had to go, it had to be a swamp.

Chief raises his hand, halting Y/n to stop.

Chief: You hear that?

Static is faintly heard and they see a crashed dropship halfway in the bog.

Y/n: Must've been the Captain's dropship. But I don't see any bodies. That's a good sign, right?

Chief: Let me check the ships logs. There might be something that could tell us where they are.

Chief enters the cockpit and taps a few buttons before the console comes back online.

Dropship Victor 933 Recording: Dropship Victor 933-(static)-Pillar of Autumn-(static)-need assistance. We are under att-(static)-attack by some new kind of hostile-(static)-isn't Covenant. (static) Captain Keyes has been captured by hostiles. (static) -dug in at a large structure in a swamp-(static)-We need to pull out. Please-(static)-I will set this message to repeat at-(static)-regular intervals. Dropship Victor 933, clear.

Y/n: "New kind of hostile?" What else could be on this on ring?

Chief: Nothing good. Let's move. The log said that there was a structure deeper in the swamp.

They then pass by a crashed Covenant Spirit and deal with a small group of Grunts and Jackals, and cross a log bridge. As they move across the bridge, sees several shadowy figures running around on the top of the cliff to the right.

Y/n: Please tell me you saw that.

Chief: I did. Come on.

When they reach the other side, they hear rifle fire nearby. They see a mob of Grunts and Jackals fleeing from an A-shaped structure. A frag grenade explosion throws a Shade turret around.

Y/n: Guess our guys are kicking ass! Hey, Marines! Hold fire! The Chief and I are coming in!

The Spartan and ODST head in and find no one inside the structure.

Y/n: What the hell? Nobody's here.

They pass through several large rooms and many smaller ones inside the structure, filled with dead Grunts, Jackals, Marines and scattered weapons all over.

Y/n: Jesus, it's like Charles Manson on steroids.

In one room, they discovers a strange green-yellow substance falling from the ceiling.

Y/n: What is this stuff?

Chief: Don't. Touch. Any of it.

Y/n: Don't need to tell me twice.

They come into an area blasted with gunfire and scorch marks, there is the sound of shattering glass. A lone Marine sits leaning against a wall, with a pistol pointed at them, shooting wildly. Chief and Y/n stay in cover on opposite sides of the door.

Crazed Marine: Stay back! Stay back, you're not turning me into one of those things! I'll blow your brains out! Get away from me! GAAAAAHH! AAAAAAHH! Don't touch me, you freaks, I won't be like you, I'll die first!

Y/n: Marine! Calm down! It's the Master Chief and Lieutenant L/n!

Crazed Marine: Find your own hiding place, the monsters are everywhere!

Y/n: Marine, where's the rest of your squad? Where's Captain Keyes?

Crazed Marine: Played dead! That's what I did... played dead. They took the live ones... oh God, I can still hear them! (sobs) Monsters...

Y/n: Marine, I'm coming out with my gun holstered.

Chief: Y/n, don't-

Y/n slowly walks out with his hands raised as the Marine continues to cry.

Crazed Marine: Sarge? Mendoza? Bisenti? Oh, God... the things took them, oh God, I can still hear them... (mumbles and cries) They're gone! Get it? GONE!

Y/n: It's okay. Let me help you. Give me the pistol, soldier.

The Marine the aims his pistol at his temple.

Y/n: Whoa! Hey! Don't-

Crazed Marine: They won't get me! Oh God... oh God I don't want to be like them, please, please no, nooo...

Y/n rushes to stop him, but was too late as the Marine shoots his head. Y/n sadly walks over and takes the tags off the dead Marine.

Chief holds Y/n's shoulder.

Chief: Let's go, trooper.

Y/n takes his SMG off his hip and follows the Chief. They walk up to the second floor and see an assault rifle lying on the ground, pointing like an arrow towards the entrance of a room marked with ominous red Forerunner glyphs. The door appears to have been forced open. The duo goes in, and passes a dead Marine, walking down a ramp.

Y/n watches the ramp-ways as the Chief approaches the door cautiously and listens for any movement inside. Just as he was going to type a command into the spoofer, there is a noise heard. Chief and Y/n turns around, guns ready to shoot, but see nothing. After a moment, they turn back to the door, slinging their guns and open the door. When it opens, a dead Marine falls into Y/n's arms.

Y/n: Holy Christ!

Chief and Y/n advances a few paces into the room as Y/n then places the body on the floor gently. Chief sweeps his rifle about the room. The floor is covered in blood and discarded UNSC weapons lie all about.

Y/n notices a helmet lying on the floor, and grabs it. The name JENKINS is stamped across it. There is a large, jagged hole punched through the top of it and Y/n shakes his head. He then examines the helmet more closely and notices that the helmet recorder, near the HUD is still intact. Y/n retrieves the helmet recorder and turns to the Spartan.

Y/n: Chief. HR chip.

Y/n tosses the chip to the Chief, who catches it and inserts into his helmet.

Open Record View (2552.5.27.5:52:56 L).

Pvt. Jenkins, Wallace A.

>Play>

A Marine (Jenkins) looks around the inside of Dropship V-933. There are several other Marines seated in the dropship with him. Johnson's favorite music (flip music) blares over the cabin speakers.

Pvt. Mendoza: Why do we always have to listen to this old stuff, Sarge?

SS. Johnson: Watch your mouth, son. This "stuff" is your history. It should remind you grunts what we're fightin' to protect.

Pvt. Mendoza: Hey... if the Covenant wanna wipe out this particular part of my history, that's fine by me.

Pvt. Bisenti: Yeah... better it than us.

SS. Johnson: You ask 'em real nice next time you see 'em, Bisenti. I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.

Dropship Pilot: (COM) LZ looks clear! I'm bringing us down!

SS. Johnson: Go, go, go!

>FFW>>

>PLAY>

The squad advances through the swamp towards the same structure Chief and Y/n did.

SS. Johnson: Stay close, Jenkins!

They reach the entrance and sweep their weapons across it, warily.

SS. Johnson: Mendoza! Move it up!

Mendoza advances in a crouch, gun at the ready.

SS. Johnson: Wait here for the Captain and his squad, and get your ass inside.

Pvt. Jenkins: Sir!

SS. Johnson: Okay, let's move!

The team heads into the structure.

>FFW>>

>PLAY>

The squad stands around a Sangheili carcass, the chest is torn wide open. Private Kappus is examining a similar carcass on the left.

Pvt. Kappus: Which is weird, right? I mean... look at it. (taps the Elite with his foot) Something... scrambled the insides.

SS. Johnson: What's that? Plasma scarring?

Pvt. Kappus: Yeah... I dunno. Maybe there was an accident. You know, friendly fire or something?

Captain Keyes approaches the squad.

Captain Keyes: What do we have here, Sergeant?

SS. Johnson: Looks like a Covenant patrol. Badass Elite units, all KIA.

Captain Keyes: Real pretty. Friend of yours?

Pvt. Kappus: Nah, we just met.

>FFW>>

>Play>

The squad, along with Captain Keyes and his own squad, stand outside a locked door. The same one Chief and Y/n found Mendoza's body.

Captain Keyes: Right. Well, let's get this door open.

Pvt. Kappus: I'll try, sir. But it looks like these Covenant worked pretty hard to lock it down.

Captain Keyes: Just do it, son.

Pvt. Kappus: Yes, sir.

Kappus removes a Spoofer from his pocket and sticks it to the door. He punches a few keys, and the door opens. He waves the squad through. Bisenti takes point through the door, Jenkins close behind him, and the rest of the squad fans out around him. An odd rumbling sound is heard.

Pvt. Mendoza: I've got a bad feeling about this...

SS. Johnson: Boy, you always got a bad feelin' about something-

Corp. Lovik: (COM) Captain, Sarge (static) can you hear me?!

Captain Keyes: What's going on, soldier?

Corp. Lovik: (panicked) We've got contacts...lots of 'em...but they're not Covenant...they're just tearing through us...what the?! ... ooooohhh ..nooooo!

SS. Johnson: Corporal? Do you copy, over?

There's no response.

SS. Johnson: Mendoza, get your ass back up to Second Squad's position, and find out what the hell is goin' on.

Pvt. Mendoza: But, si-

SS. Johnson: I don't have time for your lip, soldier! I gave you an order!

The same noise that Chief and Y/n heard before entering the room is heard.

Pvt. Kappus: Sarge! Listen!

The odd hissing noise grows louder and louder. Everyone scans the room, trying to find the source of the strange sounds.

Pvt. Bisenti: What is that?

SS. Johnson: Where's that coming from, Mendoza?

Pvt. Mendoza: Everywhere... I don't--there! ¡Mira!

Mendoza points to a nearby door, which has just exploded outwards. Small squid-like creatures swarm from it.

Pvt. Riley: Ahh... augh! Get it off! Get it off-- augh!

Riley lies on the ground, one of the creatures attached to his chest. Kappus tries to pull it off him.

Pvt. Kappus: Hold still, hold still!

Kappus pulls the creature off of Riley, who goes limp. Kappus struggles with the creature which is now trying to infect him.

SS. Johnson: Let 'em have it!

The Marines and Captain Keyes open fire, to little effect. The creatures are now all around them.

Captain Keyes: Sergeant, we're surrounded!

SS. Johnson: God dammit, Jenkins! Fire your weapon!

Pvt. Mendoza: There are too many, Sarge!

SS. Johnson: Don't even think about it, Marine!

Pvt. Mendoza: Yo, this is loco!

Mendoza books it for the door.

Captain Keyes: Get back here, Marine! That's an order!

The Marine squad is overtaken, still firing, while their blood sprays as the creatures continue to crawl onto them.

SS. Johnson: Jenkins!

Several creatures attack Jenkins and his helmet falls off with the cam watching the slaughter. After a moment the screen blacks out.

>Unexpected Halt X>

>End Record View<

Chief removes the chip from his helmet, shakes his head, and tosses the chip to the ground.

Y/n: So, what happened here?

Chief just reloads his rifle and aims across the room.

Y/n: Chief?

Chief: We're about to have company. Ready up.

Y/n confusingly aims his weapon as the hissing from before is heard and suddenly one of the other doors in the room blows open and the creatures start pouring in.

Y/n: WHAT THE-?!

Chief: Open fire!

Chief and Y/n mow down the creatures as more come from the other doors.

Y/n: There's too many of them!

Suddenly something tackles Y/n out of nowhere, making him drop his weapon. Y/n yelled out in terror as he stared and struggled against what attacked him.

Y/n: CHIEF! HELP!

Chief yanks the creature off Y/n and unloads a whole clip from his pistol in its' face. Y/n shakily grabbed his SMG before standing up.

Y/n: (stuttering in fear) W-w-what was t-t-that?

Chief: Some kind of mutated Elite.

Y/n: It had the same feelers as those little crawly things.... WE'RE FIGHTING GODDAMN ALIEN ZOMBIES NOW?!

Another door bursts open and Chief pushes Y/n back towards the exit.

Chief: Go! I'll cover you!

Chief and Y/n start running for the elevator, encountering numerous mutated humans and Elites along the way.

Y/n: WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!

The pair eventually find the elevator that brought them down and take it up.

Y/n pants and falls to his knees, with his left hand covering where his heart would be.

Chief: L/n? Are you all right?

Y/n: We just killed numerous Marines and Elites that had been transformed into monsters by those... things... I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY FREAKIN' SANITY, CHIEF! I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS!

Chief grabs Y/n and yanks him to his feet.

Chief: You need to calm down and breathe.

Y/n: Chief, I'm not a Spartan! I can't just turn off my fear like a switch! I'm not some kind of superhero like you! I'M JUST A TEENAGER!

Chief: You're a soldier, L/n! You need to act like it! If we don't stop these things, everyone on Earth will turn out just like them! It's up to us and every remaining Marine on this ring to stop them. We can do this.

Y/n shakily regains his composure and nods. Chief holds his shoulders for a few more seconds before kneeling down and handing him his SMG.

Y/n: (exhales, shuddering) Okay, okay....

Foehammer: (COM) This is Echo 419. Chief, L/n, is that you? I lost your signals when you disappeared inside the structure. What's going on down there? I'm tracking movement all over the place!

Y/n: We got multiple contacts. And they're not Covenant, Foehammer. Repeat: NOT COVENANT.

They reach the top where a group of trapped Marines is holding out.

It is obvious they used a lot of ammo to escape, and it is all stacked in a pile. Most Marines hold shotguns and assault rifles, one or two have plasma rifles.

PFC Chips Dubbo: (fearfully) Sirs! Thank God you're here! We've been lost out here for hours. After we lost contact with the rest of the mission, we, we headed for the RV point, and then these....these things...they ambushed us. We've gotta get out of here!

Foehammer: (COM) There's a large tower a few hundred meters from your current position. Find a way above the fog and foliage canopy and I can move in and pick you up.

Y/n: Copy that. All right boys, you heard her. Reload and let's get the hell out of here.

The Marine squad eagerly follows the Spartan and ODST outside, where the creatures close in from all sides. Some Marines are attacked by the crawlers, and their allies are forced to shoot them.

The survivors reach the tower Foehammer spoke of and suddenly a flotilla of floating robots descends from the mist.

The robots begin to slice away at any nearby creatures, avoiding the Marines.

Y/n: Are those robots?

Chief: Seems so.

Y/n: How is it you are always so nonchalant?

Suddenly the pair are enveloped in a bright gold light, and then appear on top of one of the legs of the tower. A blue object hovers in front of them.

343 Guilty Spark: Greetings. I am the Monitor of Installation 04. I am 343 Guilty Spark.

Y/n: 343 Guilty what now?

343 Guilty Spark: Someone has released the Flood. My function is to prevent it from leaving this installation. But I require your assistance. Come. This way.

The duo and the Monitor vanish in another series of gold flashes.

Foehammer: (COM) Chief, Lieutenant, I've lost your signals! Where'd you go? Chief? L/n!

(TIME TO GET THE ACTIVATION INDEX!)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro