Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dear Alexander,

It was long before we met that I began a life of love. Of course, you can never join this life of mine. I have chosen a man, and sadly, it was not you. My regret for this decision is only assuaged by my sisters own love for you, and I pray that you will accept that love and join our family. It would be immensely incredible to get to keep you in my life--Even if it is platonic.

Now to the important part of this letter. My Eliza has fallen for you and it's obvious. I know that you would only marry into our family for money. I hope that you might be able to love her as well. I love you, my dear Alexander, but it is unimportant now.

I pray you may join our family.

Love (but not really),

Angelica Schuyler

Dear Angelica,

Of course I will be joining your family! Didn't you receive the word? It will be official on April 18th! Your sister is quite the charmer, even if there are... Others who I fancy more. Ah, could I be more obvious? I would have loved to choose.... Well, either you or my fellow soldier, Laurens. Yes, the added person ruins the romantic feel of this letter, but I feel it is necessary to state the truth.

Why must our letters stay so formal? I wish we could truly be friends at one point in time. I know you must understand this, but merely writing the word 'friend' has irked me to no end. I suppose it is my own fault, though. I was the one who chose your dear sister, and the one who wrote friend down in the first place. 

I am coming to a celebration dinner at your house in two months time. I do hope that we may work everything out before then, since I may assume you will be attending this as well. I was informed that the entire family would be there, and that does include you. I look forward to many more encounters with you in the near future.

I have been working on keeping my writing concise. How am I doing?

Love (yes, really),

A.Ham

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro