Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Emma

It's already ten o'clock when I'm in my car on my way to Hunter's. I'm really excited to help the boys put the lights up since it's been two years I've put ours on with my father's help. It's nice of him to have offered me to go and help them as it's there tradition. As I drive to the house I'm listening to music as my hair blows back because of the nice breeze. I am not really used to driving due to the fact that either Meghan, Hunter or someone picks me up but when I have the chance to drive it's nice to have that time alone in the car with my music. I finally arrive at the big house, I have to park on the corb of the road because Dean and Garry's car are parked in the driveway. Then I realize that Locke's car isn't there, I wonder where he has gone. Getting out of the car the cold air hits me making me walk faster towards the door. My cold knuckles knock on the door as I wait for someone to open up.

"Hi, candy. Loverboy is at the clinic with Hannah." Of course, it had to be Dean, the one that never called me by my name. At the clinic? Why hadn't he tell me? It is a bit weird he went but I guess he did it because he feels responsible and didn't want her to go through this alone. I walk into the warm house as I close the door behind me, taking my jacket and scarf to leave it hanging behind the door when I see Gary sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands as he rests on his knee.

"You okay there?" I say to him as Dean has already left to the living room. He looks up to me as I walk over to the staircase to face him and see every little detail of his upset face. I've never seen him like this before.

"Fiona and I got into an argument last night. It looks pretty bad, I've been calling but she doesn't answer me." I sit on the lower step still able to see him, I can tell he is really worried about it. I don't really want to ask what the argument was about because it's not my place but if he tells me about it I'm all ears. I wait a couple of seconds to see if he continues speaking but he doesn't so I add.

"I know Fiona and she will probably want some space for her own." He suddenly gets up from the step and jumps over me as he grabs the car keys that are behind us on the table.

"I have to go to her house." Well, I guess my advice wasn't much help to him. "Thanks anyway Em." He says walking to the door.

And then I hear the door slam behind him. I guess now I'm just here with Dean waiting for Locke to arrive home to start decorating the house with Christmas lights.

After talking with Dean for an hour in the living room Locke shows up.

"How did it go?" Dean and I say at the same time. We both look at each other as a smirk crosses Dean's face.

"That is sidechick power." He says as I roll my eyes facing back to Locke. I can tell that something is up by the look of his eyes.

"Well, they examined her uterus and then they inserted a thin tube through her cervix into her uterus and apart from that well she saw Emma and I kissing and now knows after explaining." What does he mean that she saw us? Oh my lord, she must be furious at me right now. Well, she had to find out somehow but she didn't have to see is kissing.

"And what in the world did you tell her?" I ask biting my nails as Dean begins to laugh with excitement at my concern.

"I didn't give her much explanation, I only said that we were going to tell her and when I went to drop her at her house I told her that we weren't anything serious. I'm sorry but I didn't have the heart to tell her at that moment after getting the abortion." He told her we aren't serious, so what am I a fling? I understand she just had an abortion but he didn't have to lie to her to make her feel better. Because she will find out after the holidays.

"We'll talk about this later. Let's put the lights up." I say as Dean still laughs while sitting on the stool. He always does the same, just sits down and watches the scene go down as he laughs under his breath. They both get up and make their way to this door I had seen but very gone inside. Locke opens the door not knowing what I will find behind it, to my surprise there are stairs heading down.

"I've never been downstairs, I didn't even know this house had a basement." We head downstairs and Dean switches the lights on. There isn't much in the room, just a bunch of boxes stored in the corner.

After two hours of setting the lights on the outside of the house, Locke and Garry on the roof and Dean and I going the lower part of the house and decorating the garden the cold has beaten all of us. Gary arrived an hour ago and he soon helped us not saying a word about the fight he had with Fiona so I didn't want to ask. He does look better than when he left the house earlier this morning so that's good.

We haven't put the typical lights of Santa Claus or reindeers if not just white, red and green lights. It's daylight so we won't be able to see the colourful lights until the night. Dean and the little tree they have on the lawn with white lights so it looks like snow as we never get snow during the winter.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro