Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hunter five years ago

When we arrive at Chicago's police station they separate us into two interview rooms. After ten minutes of waiting, a gentleman dressed up with a suit comes in and takes the chair in front.

"Mr Taylor Lockwood. I'm detective Carlo Sanchez with the FBI. Can you please tell me everything about tonight without leaving any details please." I take a deep breath in and begin with the story,

"We were in the club and William and I went out of the back door of the club to have a cigarette. We came out about one o'clock and we saw five guys on the motorbikes talking to each other just minding her own business, but we just ignored them. After a while, we were smoking in the corner of the alley where they couldn't see us and we saw this man come out of the club. They walked over to him and began to punch him over and over again. I didn't see any guns or knives but the guy on the floor was unconscious. We didn't get involved because we thought we would get punched and decided to call the police because they wouldn't stop, you could see he was clearly out and the two guys kept punching him and knicking. The other three men got on their motorbikes when they heard the sirens. And they were yelling to the two guys to come on but they just didn't move. And that's it." I say playing with my hands that are sitting on my lap.

"So you and Mr. William Ravens went out for a smoke and saw all this go down and decided to call the police?" I nod in response. "Right, you will have to testify at count because they are both facing second-degree murder and you are the witnesses. And then after we will give you and your friend new identities so that this drug cartel can't ever find you or locate you. You will enter the witness protection program and leave the life you have behind. " He says as he continues writing in his notepad all the things I had just told him.

"But if I testify and change my name they will still be able to find my family. And to be honest it doesn't look like I have much of a choice if I want to testify or not. I am putting my family in danger." He looks up at me and then adds,

"You and your family will be under witness protection only if you testify. But that means you leave everything behind." I don't think my family will be able to leave everything behind but I have to. Someone knocks on the door and another officer comes in with William. He comes and sits next to me as the other detective sits opposite us like Detective Carlo.

"Right our guys have already worked up new identities. There will be no William Ravens if not Dean O'Connor. And for you sir you will become Hunter Lane. I don't care if you like it or not but from now on you have to use these names. It's for your protection, do you understand? You will move away from LA and make new friends. Now you are Seventeen and we have changed your birthdate as well. You will go back to high school, so you will go back to ninth grade." says the detective that came in with William.

"That's bullshit! Now we were just getting into college and now we have to go back to fucking high school. It's not my fault we say these guys kill a man." Says William in frustration.

"Do you want to be in the witness protection program because these are the rules." He says giving us some documents.

"Sign here and here" On the piece of paper are the rules I have to follow to be in the program. I sign with no further question. Hunter Lane, I can get used to that.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro