{15}

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jeno's P.O.V

I followed Renjun close behind, not having much of a choice with this thin fingers around my wrist to make sure I didn't get lost in the huddle of terrified people. Another body pushed past mine and squeezed towards Mark. All four of us, which included a girl from school named Soomi, started to make our way to the 'haunted walkway'.

"Mark Lee, I'm not finished with you," she chewed out. "Firstly, what is going on? Secondly, why did you do that?"

A subtle sound of creepy music began to play from small speakers set up in the walkway. I pushed a sheet aside that hung over the entrance so I could walk in. Once the heavy sheet fell back, the muttering and crying outside seemed to soften while the music became even more audible. The hall was tight and lit with occasional black lights. You could tell by the decorations that G-Dragon spent a lot of time and money.

Mark pulled out his phone flashlight for better lighting, but never answered Soomi, who seemed impatient for answers.

"Hello?" She waved her hand in front of Mark's face. "Earth to Mark, are you going to answer?"

Renjun glanced back at me, the black lights reflecting in his dark and questioning eyes. I shrugged, unsure of the situation.

"I'm trying to have a conversation with you!" Soomi raised her voice.

"And I'm trying to subtly ignore you," Mark retorted, taking the first turn. He didn't even bother to look back and see Soomi's offended expression.

"You're the one that kissed me!"

Was there something we missed? We all knew about Mark's small crush on Soomi, but how did he get the balls to actually kiss her?

Mark stopped walking when we approached a split in the path. Right and left. Mark shined his light down both options. "To make it faster, I'll take the left. Jeno and Renjun, you both go right."

"And me?" Soomi asked.

"Go back to where everyone else is," Mark decided, starting down the path.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Mark Lee." Soomi began to storm after him.

"I have no idea what just happened," Renjun whispered to me. I shook my head in response, showing I had no idea either.

Renjun slowly tugged off the bright yellow wig he had on for his smurf costume before dropping it on the floor. A light sheen of sweat glistened on his brow under the black lights. His hair became disheveled under the wig and stuck up. A hand brushed over the spikes to smooth them down, but I soon realized that it was my own hand.

I snatched my it back, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. "Your hair was standing up," I quickly explained.

A smile hinted on his lips, which frustrated me. I wanted to stare, but I also didn't. Sometimes you just stare, but you don't want to, I could almost hear G-Dragon's voice in my head. Shaking away my thoughts, I carried myself down the hall while Renjun followed close behind.

My eyes traveled the walls up and down, but the samurai sword was nowhere to be seen so far. I didn't know whether this hall led to a dead end, or the one Mark and Soomi took did. Nor did I know where the sword was located.

This continued on until we found the exit. Renjun suggested that we back-track, just in case we forgot something. Still, nothing was found.

A slight vibration in the pocket of sweatpants caused me to stop.

Mark: Found the sword. We're heading back out through the entrance.

"Mark sent me a text," I told Renjun. "Let's leave."

My eyes met Renjun's and I almost felt unable to move. His mouth moved like he was saying something, but I didn't hear anything.

"What?" I asked.

"Is there something on my face?" Renjun repeated himself, a light chuckle leaving him. Bubbly and soft.

"Nothing, you look... amazing." I sucked in a big breath after realizing what slipped from my mouth. "I mean-"

Renjun's face became more serious than before. My heart thumped against my rib cage, feeling like it could break free any second. I felt my mouth suddenly become dry.

"Let's just... let's just find the others." I started to shuffle passed Renjun, against the wall, but didn't make it that far.

Renjun stepped in front of me. "Jeno?"

I closed my eyes and pressed my back against the wall. I felt his hand gently resting on my shoulder. My head tilted away from Renjun.

"Jeno, do you like me?"

"No." I vigorously shook my head. "What are you talking about?"

"Jeno, I'm not blind." Renjun's voice was incredibly smooth and understanding.

"No, I'm not gay." My eyelids stayed squeezed shut. "I don't like you like that. We've been best friends ever since we were so young. I can't have those kinds of feelings for you."

My jaw clenched as I fought back my own thoughts and feelings while Renjun took a step closer.

"Jeno, there's nothing wrong with it. Have you seen Johnny?"

I almost felt like crying from everything that was clawing at my throat. My chin tilted down to try and turn away even more. Renjun's hand slid under my jaw and directed my face forward, but that didn't make me open my eyes.

"Jeno, remember your fortune cookie?" Renjun asked me softly.

"The stupid piece of paper? It doesn't mean anything."

"Jeno," Renjun sighed. "Open your eyes."

I hesitated. My breath was quickening, not only from the tension of the ghost being anywhere, but also from Renjun standing so close. My eyelids slowly opened. Renjun was staring right at me. His face was so close to mine. I could feel the fact that my cheeks were shining with a red dust.

"Let me ask you again, and I'm asking for honesty."

My heart skipped over itself. Why am I being like this? I've never felt this before. Never have I ever fallen for a guy, and how could I be now? In this moment, with the dark, flickering colors coming off the lights in the hall, and his intense staring, I was feeling everything at once. If only I could sink into the wall I was pressed against and just disappear.

His dark eyes never once broke their contact with mine. His brown hair fell over his forehead, still disheveled. I could see every aspect of his facial features under the black lights.

"What's stopping you?" Renjun questioned. His head cocked to the side.

"From what?"

"From kissing me."

I completely stiffened. "Kiss... you?"

My heart could've stopped right then. My hands could've been shaking like crazy. But at that moment, I couldn't think of anything. Everything faded out of existence except Renjun. The Halloween decorations, the barn, even the world. It was just us. I felt like I was floating in space. I was so compelled at that moment.

In a swift movement, I popped myself off from the wall. Renjun's hand fell from my shoulder as I cupped his face, standing even closer than how he was just a second ago. Renjun even seemed surprised by my sudden movement. "Yes, Renjun, I like you... and nothing is stopping me anymore." I pressed my lips against his own. He was unresponsive at first touch, but sank against me, his hands resting against my chest.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro