{6}

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hyunji's P.O.V

Most of us were crowded around the only upstairs bathroom to look in the mirror in order to get ready for tonight's Halloween costume party.

"Where is this place again?" Mi-Cha asked, leaning close to the mirror so she could get her make-up right. Her and Jaemin, being the cutesy couple they are, are going to the party as Belle and the Beast.

With Mi-Cha moving so close, it completely blocked Jueun's view, so she rested her elbow on Mi-Cha's back while looking over.

"You know Jungkook from school?" Jisung started. "He knows this guy who's apparently really cool and rich as fuck-"

"Language!" I scolded my younger brother.

"Hyunji, please, I'm a man now. I can handle myself." Jisung rolled his eyes. "His name is Kwon Jiyong, but people call him G-Dragon. Well, his family owns all this land and there's an old barn on one the properties. Apparently, he thought it would be cool to deck it out with all these Halloween decorations, fix it up completely, and hire a band to throw the biggest party."

"Cool," Chenle murmured, looking so amazed by Jisung's description.

"I've heard about G-Dragon," I put in. "Didn't he drop out of our high school a few years back, made a couple songs, and now everyone calls him a legend?"

"I had the biggest crush on him," Johnny admitted. "Back when I was a freshman and he was a senior."

"How many people do you think are going to be there?" Mi-Cha asked.

"Probably at least one hundred," Jisung answered. "It's all over social media too, so it could spread even more."

I glanced to my right, seeing three of the boys painting blue all over their faces. It was Jeno, Jisung, and Chenle. "What are you guys doing?" I questioned.

"We're Smurfs," Chenle answered, sounding quite proud of it.

Renjun walked into the bathroom, also covered in blue face paint. A bright yellow wing was messily thrown on his head to look like Smurfette. "Jeno, can you zip up my dress for me?"

Renjun turned around, moving the hair from the wig to the side, waiting for Jeno to help him. I snickered at the situation. Jeno awkwardly pulled the sides together, zipping up the white dress Renjun was wearing. Jaemin cat-called to the boys, causing Jeno to shoot him a look.

I rolled my eyes, yet amused before giving my make-up one last look over. I had painted my face white and hollowed out my features to look cold and almost dead-like for my witch costume.

"Hyunji!" I heard Hana call from my room.

"What do you want?"

"Come here! I have a problem!"

I gathered up my items before leaving the bathroom. I walked into my room, having to do a double-take. I almost didn't recognize Hana. Her long, dark hair was curled in perfect ringlets that cascaded down her arms and back. Her make-up consisted of a gold color—from her eyeshadow, complimented by a perfect black cat-eye look, gold lipstick, and gold shimmery highlight. She wore a fitted gold dress that reached the middle of her thighs and matching heels.

"Dang, Hana," I awed. "Why is there a problem?"

"It's the dress." She tugged on the front, trying to pull it up. "I ordered it from a store I'm familiar with, but I didn't try on the dress beforehand. It's much lower and... fitted than I expected."

It's not that Hana wasn't pretty before, but she just never dressed up. This was a literal glow up. I mean, the lights reflecting off the shiny surface of her dress almost blinded me.

"What are you, by the way?" I asked.

"The golden snitch from Harry Potter."

"More like the golden bitch!" Jueun joked, entering the room looking like a pretty convincing vampire. Fake blood dripped down her chin and stained her fangs. She even put red contacts in. Upon entering the room, Jueun suddenly dropped all the things that were in her hand as her jaw dropped. "HANA, HOLY HOT DAMN!"

Hana shyly turned to the side, hiding her face and tugging her dress up. "Stop," she muttered. "I didn't know it would be this revealing."

"There's nothing wrong with it," Jueun reassured her. "You look really good. All the guys are going to be swooning over you."

"Are you kids okay?" Jisung called to us, walking down the hallway.

"Kids?!" I questioned. "We're older than you!"

"I heard a lot of yelling coming from in here," Jisung added. He stuck his head in, immediately widening his eyes as they fell to Hana. Hana's face as just as priceless.

I nudged Jisung's arm. "She looks good, doesn't she?" I asked in a whisper.

"Ye-" he shook his head. "I me- uh, what?" Jisung tore his eyes away, clearly caught on words. His face was dusted with a nice rosy pink.

I ruffled his hair, still finding his blue face to be hilarious. "Go finish getting ready. You can stare all you want while she's dancing on the dance floor."

My eyes caught Haechan as he came out of Jisung's room. His face was painted white with black accents to look like Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I felt a falling feeling in my stomach remembering our fight. I just want everything to go back to how it was before Johnny showed up at my house.

"Nice costume," I told him. Haechan only briefly glanced in my direction before disappearing into the crowded bathroom. I huffed, slouching my shoulders. I was so disappointed, I didn't notice Jisung still standing next to me.

"I'm sorry, Hyunji," he apologized, quietly. "I messed up. I shouldn't have said anything. How was I supposed to know that it would cause so much trouble?"

I hooked an arm around Jisung, having to stand on the balls of my feet to reach. "In this situation..." I let out a long sigh. "I think all sides have something to be blamed for."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro