39 - Slytherin Bad Boys

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Blaise! Hold up! Where are we going?" I laughed breathlessly as he pulled me through the door into the hallway.

The sound of the party was cut off upon the door slamming shut behind us. We stood in the empty hallway facing one another, panting in exhilaration.

"I hadn't thought that far ahead," Blaise admitted, still clasping my hand in his. "I just wanted to get you away from there. There was no need for Pansy to talk about you like that. I'm surprised you didn't hex her into the next decade."

"Oh, believe me," I gave a derisive laugh, "I was tempted. If only it wasn't my jobs worth."

"Aren't you head Auror?" Blaise asked bemusedly. "And best mates with the Minister for Magic? Surely you're the most powerful witch in the world?! You could go in there and shut this whole party down if you wanted to."

I shrugged. "Some people are just not worth the bother."

Or the paperwork.

"Well, Red, now I've got you to myself, I'd better figure out what to do with you." Blaise's eyes twinkled down at me, and in one smooth move, he tugged at my hand so that I fell against his chest.

My heart raced wildly as he lifted a hand to my face and slowly ran a single finger down my cheek before trailing it across to my mouth, delicately tracing my lower lip with the tip, making me shiver in desire.

"You're worth a million of Pansy Parkinson, you know that?" he whispered in my ear, his alluring tones causing me to melt right into a puddle.

And then I completely ruined the moment.

"Draco doesn't seem to think so," I muttered bitterly.

"Draco?" Blaise paused, frowning down at me in confusion, "what's Malfoy got to do with..."

He tailed off, realisation dawning on him. His look was one of disbelief.

"Seriously, Red?! Malfoy?!" He spluttered, dropping his hand away from my face as though I had burnt him. "You can do so much better than him. He puts his reputation above anything and everything - didn't tonight prove that to you?"

"It's a lot more complicated than you realise," I said, chewing my lip, wishing I'd just kept my mouth shut.

His eyes widened, looking perplexed. "How long has this 'complicated' thing been going on?"

"Since Hogwarts, really," I muttered, not being able to meet his eye.

"Hogwarts?" Blaise raised an eyebrow, and his expression changed as something seemed to have struck him. "Your kid - please don't tell me..."

My silence said it all.

"Fuck off! But... Astoria... Merlin, I knew he was a dick, but this... Do you want me to go and kill him, because I fucking will!" He had started to pace up and down now, his hands on his head, trying to take it all in.

"Please... Blaise, don't." I begged, my heart racing, suddenly feeling panicked. I should have never agreed to come to this stupid party, and I should have left the champagne well and truly alone. "No one knows. No one must know. I shouldn't have even let on to you."

"Jeez, Red. I was starting to think you're alright as well." His hands dropped from his head as he stopped pacing, and looked at me with sad eyes. "What is it about that dude? The chicks just seem to flock to him. You know, I wouldn't even be surprised if Pansy's kids his, too."

"What?!" My mouth dropped open, in horror. Hoping I had misheard what Blaise just said.

"Her girl; Piper. She's never divulged who the father is." Blaise shrugged. "Just said it was some one night stand and didn't even know his name."

I suddenly felt winded, as though I couldn't breathe. Because I knew - I knew then it had to be. It was such a Draco thing to do.

"Hey, Red, come here," Blaise murmured, his voice almost a growl as his hands reached out for my waist, pulling me back to him. "Let me help you forget about him."

Cool lips gently brushed against my neck. He smelt of spice, he smelt of cinnamon. I closed my eyes and sighed, wanting to surrender myself completely to him.

But my thoughts suddenly turned to Draco, and my eyes flew open. Blaise must have sensed something because he stiffened, quickly straightening up as he looked at me intently.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?"

I turned away, not wanting to admit it. And to my horror, tears started leaking out of my eyes which I furiously tried to wipe away.

"Aw, jeez, Red. That fucker." Blaise sighed sadly, pulling me back into his embrace as he kissed the top of my head. "A strong beautiful woman like you shouldn't waste your tears on a prat like him."

Just then, a loud bang echoed in the hallway where the door to the ballroom had slammed shut.

"Zabini!"

Draco stood before us, looking furious. I quickly extracted myself from Blaise's embrace, but Blaise himself didn't seem in the slightest bit fazed by the intrusion and angrily rounded on the white-blond haired Slytherin.

"You're a fucking dick, did you know that, Malfoy?" He spat, jabbing his hands roughly in Draco's chest, as if goading him for a fight.

Draco didn't flinch but looked momentarily taken aback at Blaise's anger. Confusion filled his eyes as they darted to me, widening at the sight of my tear-streaked face.

"What the fuck have you done to her?" he snarled angrily at Blaise, immediately grabbing the front of his shirt.

"It's not ME, mate, that has done anything to her!" Blaise spat disgustedly as he shrugged him off. "You fucking prick."

"What are you talking about?" Draco looked confused, his eyes flicking back and forth between me and Blaise.

"You know, I always thought you were a bit of a pretentious git during Hogwarts, but it turns out your dickishness knows no bounds!" Blaise laughed scornfully in Draco's face. "I only wish I had the foresight to snap her up back then, before you strode in and ruined her life. I would have treated her like the fucking queen she is! I still would, but it seems, for some unknown reason - well, not one that I can fathom, anyway - it's you who she wants!"

Draco blinked, looking back to me again, complete bafflement all over his face.

"She fucking died out there for us, man, and this is how you treat her!" Blaise added, jabbing Draco roughly in the chest again.

But Draco didn't react to Blaise, instead his eyes kept darting bewilderedly back to me.

Blaise sighed, shaking his head resignedly. He turned sadly to look back at me.

"If you ever see the light, Red, you know where to find me." He gave me a small wink, and headed back through to the ballroom, leaving me standing alone with Draco.

Silence fell. I looked at Draco and Draco looked at me.

"Etta-"

He stepped forward to take my hand, but I immediately snatched it back.

"Don't touch me!" I snarled angrily, swiftly stepping out of his reach. "Don't ever fucking touch me again!"

"Etta, please-"

"Why don't you go back to that fucking pug? I expect she's waiting to stick her tongue down your throat at midnight. And speaking of pugs - Pansy's kid? Is she yours, too? Tell me, Draco, how many little Malfoy's are running around out there? How many women have you screwed over trying to get your fucking dick wet?!" I shouted, tears pouring down my face again. My god I felt so fucking angry.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Draco bellowed, looking utterly baffled. "What has Blaise been saying? Pansy and I-"

"Oh it's ′Pansy and I' now, is it?!" I spat childishly. My god, I felt so angry - too angry to even try and hear him out properly anymore.

"There is no Pansy and I! Not since school - and even then, that wasn't-"

"Oh, you mean back when you were busy trying to constantly get in my knickers?!"

"Etta, please," Draco implored, trying to reach out to me again, "you are getting hysterical now."

"YOU ARE FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE!" I screamed, dancing once again out of his reach.

"Etta, I'm sorry-"

"Why are you so embarrassed by me? Why can't you be like Blaise? If you loved me like you say you do then you would have stuck up for me in there instead of sidling up to that bitch!"

"You don't understand, Etta..." Draco implored, his voice pained as he drove his hands through his hair, "...it's complicated."

Oh for fuck's sake.

"No, Draco. It's really not. The only thing that is complicated is your fucking dick." I spat, fury making me shake.

I was fed up. I should have gone with Blaise when I had the chance.

No. Actually what I should have done was not come here in the first place. I turned on the spot and headed for the huge front door.

"Where are you going?" Draco called, panic in his voice.

"Back to my son and back to my home." I yelled furiously, the clicking of my heels getting more frenzied as I hurried my pace. "I should never have agreed to come here tonight. You were a selfish prick to even ask me."

"How are you getting there? You can't Apparate, you've had too much to drink. You'll hurt yourself."

"Fine!" I hollered, "I'll take your car then!"

"I sent it away."

"I'm not fucking staying here another second, Draco! I'll take the Knight Bus home if I have to!"

"There are weirdos on that thing!" He cried, beginning to race after me.

"Oh, well then I guess I'll fit right in!" I spat as I approached the door.

"Drakie!" An all too familiar shrill shriek rang out from the ballroom door. "What's going on? Come back and join the fun!"

Draco froze just as my hand reached the front door. I paused, suddenly curious as to what he was going to do.

He looked desperately between Pansy and me, panic flitting across his face, seemingly genuinely unable to make a decision.

His hesitation was enough for me. Giving Draco a fuck you glare, I yanked open the door and stormed out alone into the silent, cold, dark evening.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro