Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You cut your hair."

Upon hearing to his remark, Hyun Ae paused for a moment, her pencil stopped moving. She looked up at him, as he watched her.

"Ah... yeah. Just... need a change," she chuckled nervously, as she remembered the fact that no one actually knew about her encounter with sasaengs the last few weeks. She never talked about it with others except between herself and her brother.

"Does it look bad on me?" she asked in a whispery voice, her face showed him a bit of concern as she touched her head, caressing her short hair.

"No, not at all. You looked..." Namjoon paused for a moment, scooting closer to her as he smirked when suddenly he said. "Adorable."

Hyun Ae suddenly coughed as she heard it, then chortled. "W-What? I-I-I'm not adorable."

"Yes, you are. I said it. Adorable. You look cute and adorable."

Hyun Ae looked down at her sketchbook, biting her bottom lip. Then she cleared her throat and picked up her book, leaning back into her seat as she continued on scribbling and doodling random things.

"Thanks," she muttered sheepishly as she shifted her gaze between him and her doodles.

Silence came in. While Hyun Ae was randomly doodling, in his seat Namjoon was staring at her unintentionally, admiring everything of her that he hadn't seen for almost a few weeks.

"It'll last longer if you take a photo."

"Huh?"

Hyun Ae tapped the end of her pencil against her sketchbook as she looked up at him. "I caught you staring at me."

"What? Pfft, no I'm not," Namjoon snorted, placing his palms on his legs as he pulled himself away, and sunk into his seat as he tittered nervously.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

He let out a defeated sigh, as he ran his hand over his face and admitted, "fine, you win. I did."

"See? I'm right. But why?"

"I told you. Because you look adorable and cute."

Hearing it again made Hyun Ae pout and crossed her arms together with an annoyed look on her face. "Would you please stop messing around with me?"

"I'm not. I'm being honest here," he sniggered, pulling out his phone from his jacket pocket. "Can I really take a photo of you?"

Hyun Ae let out a disbelief chuckle, then crossed her arms with a very confused look on her face. "Seriously?"

"Well, you told me to do so, so why not?" Namjoon smirked, lifting one end of his brows with his dimple fully shown to her.

Damn.

"F-Fine," Hyun Ae stuttered, slumping herself back into her seat, biting onto her bottom lip while fully aware of her blushing.

Noticing her being a bit tense, Namjoon laughed softly as he launched his phone camera. "Just do your things. I want to take it when you're so into your work. Like candid."

"While you're into me. Perfect."

He froze. Now it was his turn to blush, but fortunately, he immediately pulled his face mask back up.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. Don't take it seriously, come on."

Hyun Ae couldn't help but giggle with her eyes still locked on her book. But her random circles on the piece of paper had proven that her mind got messed up.

Why did I say that? Oh my god. Park Hyun Ae, you stupid girl. You're just an ARMY. Just an ARMY. Hm. ARMY...

"Adorable. Pfft," she suddenly mumbled, taking a sip from the drink that he had bought for her after she made a discovery. At least, that was what she thought.

"What?"

"You're saying that because I'm an ARMY, right?" she pointed out while writing the word 'ARMY' on her sketchbook. "You mean, 'Adorable Representative MCs for Youth', right? Yup. ARMYs are adorable-"

"Whatever you want to say, you're still that one adorable and the only cute Park Hyun Ae to me."

Boy, can you stop doing that to me?

"Why are you blushing?"

"N-Nothing. It's... phew... kinda hot here," Hyun Ae sighed, fanning herself with her hand while she averted her gaze on anything else than him.

"Hey, I bought you a frappuccino. Which is obviously cold."

"Whatever," she muttered under her breath as she took another sip. And again her eyes caught him staring at her, but this time she could feel another vibe. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing. Just... trying to inspire me. You know, I look around for ideas."

"But you have been staring at me rather than 'looking around'."

"What can I do? You're too adorable to avoid."

He's just teasing, yes he is. Do not overreact. Do not overreact. Do not-

Sighing out loud, Hyun Ae placed her head down on the table, hiding her face as she grumbled. Or whining.

Seeing this, Namjoon immediately tapped her hand. "H-Hey, what's wrong? Did I say anything wrong? I-I was just teasing you..."

She sat up straight and looked down at her book. Full of random scribbles. "It's just... I am totally out of ideas now. The building owner needed this in two days, yet I only prepared like 25 percent of it so far."

"Let's go somewhere. Your brain needs to relax."

"Where do you want to take me?"

"Just follow me. Plus, I need a companion. We're going to Insadong."

Hearing the name of the place, Hyun Ae chuckled, tapping her temple with her fingers. "Right. A street that is full of art galleries. How could I forget that?"

"So..." Namjoon stopped in his tracks as they walked out of one of the galleries. The fifth gallery, actually. Going to Insadong street was a great choice.

He turned around to Hyun Ae and tilted his head to one side. "You need somewhere to sit so that you can jot down the points of your ideas?"

"Yes!" Hyun Ae brightly said, while hugging her sketchbook as she tried to look around the street; full of tourists like always. But she stopped right at Namjoon. "You're staring at me again."

"You know why. But this time, I would like to add, when you're focused on your work-"

Namjoon immediately stopped himself and bit his lips. He froze on the spot as she cocked one of her eyebrows at him.

"What? What is it with me 'focusing on my work'?"

"N-N-Nothing," he said, totally flustered as he tried to cover his face despite wearing a face mask ever since they met.

"Tell me," she begged, still hugging her book as she moved closer to him and looked up at him. Making him even more nervous, with her eyes that looked like a lost puppy.

"N-Nothing! Look, if you still need a place to sit, there's one there so we should go before it's occupied," he pointed out to an empty bench right behind him.

Giggling, Hyun Ae walked past him with a smirk and immediately sat down and began her work. With a smile, Namjoon sat down beside her, without any words once she started.

Something attractive when you focus on your work. That's it, Namjoon thought to himself, smiling to himself as he slowly got lost in her.

*An hour later*

"Let's go home. It's going to get dark, and I must go home so I can cook dinner for Hyun Wook," Hyun Ae said, pulling on Namjoon's sleeve as they reached the entrance of the street.

"It's still early. Chill, girl. He can wait," he shrugged, glancing at his watch to know the time. "It's only 3:35 pm."

"Hello? I need to feed him. He's my brother, duh!" she grunted, tapping her foot against the paved road impatiently.

Namjoon suddenly placed his phone against his ear, while looking at her. "What are you doing?"

"Hello?"

"Oh? Namjoon hyung!"

When Hyun Wook's voice came through the phone, Hyun Ae widened her eyes as Namjoon put the call on loudspeaker so both of them could hear him.

"Hyun Wook ah, what time you're going to finish your work?" Namjoon asked.

"Hm... in half an hour. Why?"

"I'm with Hyun Ae here, so she'll be home a bit later at night because I want to take her somewhere."

"Hey!" Hyun Ae slapped his arm immediately.

"What? Why are you with her?"

"Because she looks adorable today," Namjoon said again, flashing her the cutest smile she had ever seen from him, and at that time she knew that she had turned red.

"Can you please stop saying that I'm adorable?" she whispered through her gritted teeth as she moved closer to him. But her threat couldn't affect the cheeky guy.

"Ignore that. She must like it when you said that," Hyun Wook interrupted.

"You, shut up. Plus, don't you want to eat dinner?" she asked.

"I can make myself something to eat, so don't worry, Hyun noona."

"See? He can eat by himself," Namjoon nodded his head. Hyun Ae sighed in defeat, as usual with her hands now up in the air, a sign of giving up.

"Haha, okay then. Take her with you. Make sure nothing happens and don't be too late."

"Of course. Thanks, Hyun Wook." With that, the call ended. Namjoon looked at Hyun Ae, chuckling as he began. "So..."

She let out a grunt. "Fine. Where are we going?"

Please support me on Ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/nanamirai and get more snippets on the writing process of ongoing works!

Follow me on social media Instagram : itsme.nanamirai & Tiktok : itsmenanamirai

You can also find me on AO3 : itsme_NanaMirai & Quotev : itsmeNanaMirai

Last but not least, thank you for reading!

Borahae, Nana <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro