Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I'm back," Hyun Wook groaned, placing the bag on the counter.

"Welcome back," Hyun Ae greeted him as she appeared out of nowhere. Hyun Wook then passed a black paper bag to her.

"It's from Yoongi hyung."

"What?" Hyun Ae peeked into the bag and pulled out a brown sweater. "Why is he... I must return this back to him-"

"He gave it to you, just take it," he grunted, sighing as he walked past her and sat down on the nearest chair.

"Is everything alright?" Hyun Ae asked as she approached her weird brother. "Hyun Wook? Did you get into a fight with Kookie?"

"What? No, pfft... Why would I? Maybe... I'm just tired..."

Hearing that, Hyun Ae patted his head softly and kissed it. She patted his shoulders as she spoke.

"Get a rest. Eat something, fill yourself up."

**Few days later**

It was another Tuesday in the café. The shop wasn't really full; the number of customers barely passed five in that shop, maybe due to the lunch hour.

The waitress on duty was cleaning some tables when suddenly she heard the door open with a ring.

And rushing clicks of heels.

As she turned, a tall girl walked towards her.

"Welcome," she greeted, but the girl grabbed her arm, hard.

"Where's your boss?" the girl furiously asked, putting off her expensive sunglasses. And the poor waitress immediately recognized her.

"S-She went out-"

"Tell me the truth!"

"She went out, I swear!"

"Don't try to hide her from me! Where is Park Hyun Ae?!"

"Yes?"

Someone called out from behind Seorim. The model turned around, and Hyun Ae was there, standing at the entrance, with Hyun Wook and Yoon Hee following behind.

Hyun Ae glanced at her employee, who had this terrified look on her face. Seeing this, she walked towards Seorim with anger in her, building up in her fist.

"Why are you screaming at my employee like that-"

In a split second, Hyun Ae felt a tingling pain on her left cheek. A pain from Seorim's slap.

She let her head hang to the right, with her hair covering that side of her face. When she heard footsteps coming from behind her, she put up her left hand and the steps stopped.

"Gold digger! What are you trying to do, huh? After getting all his money, what are you going to do next? Fake dating news?" Seorim asked, in a serious angry tone.

"What are you talking about?!" Hyun Ae hissed, her eyes staring daggers as they met Seorim's eyes through the hair strands.

"Don't act all fool! You went out with Namjoon last week!"

"So?! We were just hanging out!" Hyun Ae talked back, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked up at her.

"You're trying to get him to spend his money on you, right? Attention-seeker. You knew that reporters were everywhere, you knew that those shops that both of you had gone to are the ones that these reporters always had their eyes on..."

"I know nothing about that! I didn't even know those shops, malls, whatever-"

"You just want all those clouts from them! You need fame to hype up your business! That's why you looked for them from the very first place!"

"No, I did not!" Hyun Ae raged, and her hands began to curl up into fists as she heard such words. "I never ever wanted all of this. I never wished for any of this!"

"Liar! No one hates success. You, as a businesswoman, know that! You need something like BTS to get people coming to your place."

Hyun Ae let a chuckle, then she took a few steps closer to the problematic model.

"You listen to me, whore," Hyun Ae began, smirking as she noticed the change on Seorim's face. "At the very first moment I opened this place, I had never thought of using any influence from any idols, including BTS. I wouldn't open this shop here, in a secluded area to be swarmed by countless people, getting drinks to go on their days."

"I don't need others' help. I don't need BTS to do this. In fact, ever since they came into my life, my life messed up! Thanks to them, I went through a lot. A lot! I've been getting these stresses ever since I knew them. I couldn't be seen just standing beside them. Sasaengs come to my shop every day, throwing eggs on the windows, wrecking my stuff out there, and even threatening my workers! Do you think I loved being treated like that? I used to blame myself for all those, but now..."

Suddenly Yoon Hee grabbed Hyun Ae's arm, but she won't move and still facing the model. Yoon Hee shook her and begged, "Hyun Ae eonnie, stop-"

But Hyun Ae ignored her and said, "BTS caused all these. They're the ones to be blamed. Because of them, nothing is going fine in my life now!"

"What did you just say?"

A familiar voice disrupted the situation. Hyun Ae turned around, and there was Namjoon. The pure shock was all over his face.

"You heard me," Hyun Ae said, as he approached her. "And I told you, right? She came, throwing fits on me."

"What do you mean that we're the ones to be blamed?" he asked, clearly raged.

"I... I've had enough!" Hyun Ae suddenly burst out, her tears began to roll down her cheeks. She wiped it away before she continued. "I had my limits too. My life... every day there's always something that happened! I can't do it anymore! I'm tired! I'm so tired! Having you guys around was a mistake!"

"Well, it was not our fault that you came onto that stage that night! If only after that night, we never meet again, we wouldn't come this far."

"I did try to avoid you guys, remember? I never mentioned my whereabouts. Hotel room, even this shop. But you guys looked for me anyway. Did ever any of you idols aware, that having someone in your life will affect us, normal people, the most? Physically AND emotionally."

The whole store became quiet. Even the customers were witnessing the incident.

"I shouldn't have accepted the staff's request, to fulfill Kookie's birthday wish. That kid was... He just missed me a lot. I just wanted to make him happy that night. If only I knew that this would happen, which I think I do... I wouldn't even become your supporter," Hyun Ae sobbed, then she turned back to Seorim.

"Satisfied? Now he hates me. Thanks a lot, Kwon Seorim."

Without any more words, Seorim huffed as she left the shop. Namjoon was still standing behind Hyun Ae, and he called out.

"Hyun Ae-"

"I need to go somewhere," Hyun Ae muttered as she turned back to him and walked past him.

"Hyun Ae, please-"

"I'll be fine," she told Hyun Wook and Yoon Hee, totally ignoring Namjoon.

"Hyun Ae, please listen to me-"

"Don't touch me," Hyun Ae snapped, yanking his hand away from her. "I... I need to be alone."

With that, she immediately left the shop, leaving the rest of them behind.

Hyun Wook shook his head, then walked towards the customers that were still in the shop and began to apologize to them.

"Hyun Wook, aren't you going to-" Namjoon began to ask him, but he cut his words off.

"The doctor told me that sometimes it's best to let her be alone for a while."

"The doctor?"

"Why did you think that I asked you that question last time?" Hyun Wook sighed, shaking his head as he began to walk towards the counter when Namjoon grabbed him.

"What's her illness?"

"All she needs to overcome this is support. From her loved ones. We alone aren't enough," Hyun Wook pointed out, looking at Yoon Hee behind the counter with a sad look. "When did the last time you see her smile brightly?" he asked her.

"Last... week," Yoon Hee mumbled, looking down. With that answer, Hyun Wook turned to Namjoon back.

"Then you know what happened last week."

"But why didn't you tell me?" Namjoon sighed.

"Ask her. Not me."

After hearing that, Namjoon looked down at his phone, and then up back to Hyun Wook.

"I'm after her," he huffed, and as he turned to the door, Hyun Wook suddenly asked.

"Well... do you even know where she went?"

Namjoon turned to him, waiting for the answer.

"Seoul Forest. Her favorite park. The Lone Tree field. And I'm telling you this..." Hyun Wook paused, then smiled. "Because I believed in you."

With that, Namjoon smiled back, turned, and left the shop. Hyun Wook let out a sigh, as he approached another few customers that had witnessed everything, apologizing to them and offering them free drinks.

"Hyun Wook-ssi, do you think it's okay to let him see her?" Yoon Hee began to ask as he walked back to the counter.

"As I said, I believed in him."

Please support me on Ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/nanamirai and get more snippets on the writing process of ongoing works!

Follow me on social media Instagram : itsme.nanamirai & Tiktok : itsmenanamirai

You can also find me on AO3 : itsme_NanaMirai & Quotev : itsmeNanaMirai

Last but not least, thank you for reading!

Borahae, Nana <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro