Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Are you sure this is the road, hyung?"

"That's what the card said."

Both Namjoon and Jungkook had arrived at the given address. And they were standing outside, examining the architecture.

It was a very small coffee shop where they estimated the amount of only 30 people can fit in. The idols kept on glancing between the card and the shop back and forth.

"A coffee shop on a road that few people use even in the daytime? What nice marketing," said Jungkook, still staring at the shop's name. La dolce caffee, he read in his mind.

"And that's why we always get out our drinks on time. Because there's less- I mean... almost no customers," Namjoon said, as they walked up to the shop's front door and opened it.

Despite the shop being super quiet, both of them were mesmerized by the interior design of the small shop. It was too beautiful yet simple. There were a few small tables with sets of two and four stools, a mini stage by the corner of the café, with an electric keyboard and an acoustic guitar, the opposite side of the café was another small corner with a bookshelf, and two long tables, seemingly for customers that would come in groups.

"Welcome- oh!" greeted a girl behind the counter where the area for making the drinks was, and she was surprised to see the two of them in the shop.

"Big Hit?" Jungkook mentioned as they approached her at the counter.

"All set! Please have a seat there," she offered, as she rolled up her sleeves. Both of them then took a seat at the nearest table, still looking around the shop. Absolutely no customers even though it was already noon.

"There's only one of you? Are you the owner?" Namjoon began to ask when she was starting to grind the coffee beans.

"Nah. I'm just a barista. My boss is at the back, looking for some stuff," said the worker, while making the drinks professionally.

"So there's only the two of you?"

"Yep."

"This shop has good drinks, but why are there fewer customers?" Jungkook asked directly, knowing that what he had asked was a true fact after having various kinds of drinks that were sent to them from this shop for years.

"It seems like my boss isn't fully ready yet. She chose a remote area like this, saying that what if millions of customers suddenly barge in, with only the two of us managing the shop?" the worker chuckled, placing down the espresso in her hand and beginning to make the usual drinks that Big Hit has always orders for each boy.

"Why not you guys move somewhere else and hire more workers?"

"Money doesn't pour like rain easily, misters," she said, looking over her shoulder at both of them, before continuing her work. "My boss had tried doing loans, but the banks always rejected it. And we didn't know why. That's why we're still here for two years. Almost three now."

With that answer, both of them nodded and it went silent for a moment before Namjoon began to speak up again when he saw a food warmer by the side of the cash register.

He stood up and peeked into it, staring at the lines of various kinds of pastries, looking fluffy and crunchy to his eyes.

"You made these? They look delicious," he said, eyes still staring at the pastries and his eyes were locked on one: "croissants!"

"Oh, my boss made that. She had experience in culinary and pastry-making. Also a certificate from Canada, you see. And her croissants, I guaranteed, it's the best you will ever taste."

"Yoon Hee ah! Where in the world is my- oh, never mind," suddenly a hollering voice came out from behind the shop, getting the attention of the worker along with both of the Bangtan boys.

"That's my boss," the worker smiled, pointing to her back as she continued to finish the fourth drink.

"Yoon Hee ah! Are you busy?!" the same voice called out again.

"Big Hit!" Yoon Hee the worker replied in a loud voice.

"Ah!" the boss answered, before they heard a series of rushing footsteps from behind, and the kitchen door finally opened.

The sight of a girl with a pile of files in her arms came into the sights of the boys, and their eyes widened. All three sets of eyes met each other, and each was shocked.

"Oh-" the girl was walking around the end of the counter when suddenly she hit the corner of the counter and she literally collapsed onto the wooden floor, files scattering everywhere while she had her hands on the right side of her waist, wincing in pain.

Namjoon and Jungkook suddenly stood up from their seats and helped her by collecting her files while Yoon Hee cleaned her hands.

"Eonnie! Be careful!" Yoon Hee approached her boss and helped her to stand back on her feet. "I told you to do something about that corner; it's the third time today! One more time and your bruise might burst anytime!"

Jungkook was totally speechless. The person he had been longing to meet again. The person whose name hadn't been heard for weeks.

"Hyun noona?" he called out, handing the files that she had dropped earlier. Their eyes met again, after weeks of disappearing.

"Hyun Ae-ssi?" Namjoon called out, snapping her out and she turned at him, before she scratched her head, letting out a silly giggle.

"You own this place?" Jungkook began to ask, having mixed feelings inside between mad and excited, but he was too happy knowing the hidden fact. "All these years you have been here? Not far from me? Making drinks for us?"

"I'm... sorry?" Hyun Ae said, hugging her things back and walking towards the table where Jungkook and Namjoon were sitting. "Ahem. Anyways... where's Jaehee eonnie? She was the one who usually takes the drinks- ah."

She paused, staring at both of the idols with a realization, and then she grunted. "Aish that person..."

"Park Hyun Ae-ssi," Namjoon began, also realizing something after looking at her reaction, and continued as he smirked at her, "We found you, again."

* a few hours later*

Hyun Ae and her worker Yoon Hee was cleaning the café when the shop reached its closing time. Yoon Hee was mopping the floor, while Hyun Ae was cleaning the main counter and the area for making the drinks.

"You haven't done this area right?" Hyun Ae asked her work as she was approaching one of the tables, grabbing a stool.

"Oh not yet. And the tables in that area haven't been wiped yet," Yoon Hee explained, gesturing her hand at the area she talked about.

"Oh okay," Hyun Ae said, walking back to the counter to fetch a new, clean warm towel and was about to turn around to walk back, when suddenly they heard the door pushed open, along with the sound of bell chimes. "Sorry, but we're-"

"HYUN AE SSI!" suddenly her name was called out by Hoseok, as he and the rest of BTS walked towards her, more like running though.

"AH!"

Once again, Hyun Ae hit the right side of her bruised waist against the corner of the counter, and she collapsed on the floor again, wincing in pain. All of them, including Yoon Hee herself, quickly came to check on her.

"Ah, eonnie!" Yoon Hee called out, putting her boss's right arm over her shoulder as she helped her to stand up and leaned herself behind the counter, with the towel pressed against the bruised area.

"What... are you... guys doing... here..." Hyun Ae asked, almost like whispering as she tried to keep the pain but still smiling at them.

"Noona, are you okay?!" Jungkook asked, concerned as he grabbed her left hand, but then she shook it away and gestured them to the area that hasn't been cleared yet.

"Why don't you guys have a sit first?"

Even though their eyes were still filled with worries and concerns at her, they eventually walked towards the long table and each took a seat.

Hyun Ae called her work over and whispered to her, "serve them first; I'll be back in a minute."

After giving a pat on Yoon Hee's shoulder, Hyun Ae walked into the kitchen with the towel still pressed against her waist. All of them in the café including Yoon Hee watched her as she disappeared into the kitchen at the back area of the café.

"That's the fifth time today. I told her to do something about that corner," Yoon Hee said as she took her mop again and leaned it against one of the tables with the stools already placed on top of it. "Oh, wait a minute-"

"Hey, it's okay! You don't have to; we're here just to meet Hyun noona. Can I see her? I mean, I'm kinda worried," Jungkook requested, immediately standing up as he straightened his shirt.

"Oh sure," Yoon Hee affirmed, as she stepped aside, allowing the friend to walk into the kitchen.

"Hyun noona," Jungkook called out as he slowly pushed the door open and peeked his head in. He then walked towards Hyun Ae as she turned at him, the towel still on her side, but this time it was stained red. His eyes went wide, immediately added pressure on the towel against her side. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine," she whispered.

"But this doesn't look right to me," he said, pulling the towel away and the sight of her white shirt stained in blood came into his view. He sighed, and then properly covered the part with the towel back, before putting her right hand on top of it. "Come with me."

"Jungkook ah-"

The maknae didn't waste any more time so he grabbed her left arm and dragged her outside. The rest of the boys and Yoon Hee turned at both of them as they came towards them.

"Hyung, we need to go to the hospital-"

"It's nothing serious-"

"You call that bleeding 'nothing serious'?" Jungkook snapped at her as he shook her arm, worrying much about his friend's condition. Hyun Ae was a bit shocked by him, so she just let her head hung lowly, and her hand on her side began to put more pressure against her bleeding waist.

"Yes. Please take her. That happened last time and all she did was stick the band-aid over it," Yoon Hee revealed, as she walked behind the counter, pulled out a sling bag and slipped a smartphone into the bag, then passed it to Jimin who was closer to her. "Here. Plus, we're closing now."

"Yoon Hee ah!" Hyun Ae called out, but her worker shook her head at her.

"Hyun Ae eonnie," Yoon Hee said in a soft tone, placing her hand on Hyun Ae's shoulder as she continued, "please."

"Huh. Alright."

*********************************************************************************

Please support me on Ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/nanamirai and get more snippets on the writing process of ongoing works!

Follow me on social media Instagram : itsme.nanamirai & Tiktok : itsmenanamirai

You can also find me on AO3 : itsme_NanaMirai & Quotev : itsmeNanaMirai

Last but not least, thank you for reading!

Borahae, Nana <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro