1| The Pokémon League Challenge

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Y/n's POV 🍒

It was around springtime in Sinnoh region and I was in my house as always with my mother.

Right now, I was sitting on my bed, reading a book about rock-type pokémon and what their weaknesses are, gaining information about it since I was really good at memorizing pokémon weaknesses of any type.

One of the weaknesses to bug type pokémon, is pretty obvious, since it's the same equivalent as pouring hot water on a cockroach, but different.

As I continued reading, I suddenly heard a knock on my bedroom door, making me bookmark the part I stopped at before looking up and seeing my mother standing at the entrance of my room.

"Oh. Hey, mom..." I went as I looked at her.

"Y/n, I was just thinking...Why don't you try something new for a change since the weather's nice?

Your friend, Barry, came over recently and recommended the idea in joining the Pokémon League Challenge for you." My mother says as she walked over to and sat next to me on the bed.

"No thanks..." I replied simply.

"Oh, come on...You haven't left the house not one time since you graduated school! This can give you an opportunity to try something new for a change!

Heck, you might even make new friends or find someone you like while you're on an adventure and participating in the challenge." My mother went.

"Alright, fine..." I sighed wearily. "I'll join, since you made a valid point and won the argument."

Smiling, my mother gave me a hug as I heard her say "That's my baby girl..."

"Mom, please..." I said as my face turned red a little in embarrassment.

"Okay, okay...I'll let you get yourself ready while I gather some things up and prepare you for your journey." My mother chuckled as she parted the hug before leaving the bedroom.

Sighing a little, I stood up and stretched the tiredness out of my body before I took a shower and changed into my everyday clothes for the journey.

As I grabbed my bag, I took my sketchpad, the book I was currently reading, and a few things of the technology that I liked. Including my cell phone.

Just to be on the safe side, I brought some plastic bags with me to prevent my books and technology from getting wet, since I'm mostly sure there's gonna be water involved with the journey I'm about to head into.

After me and my mother exchanged goodbyes, I left the house and started my adventure with Barry.

As the two of us were walking together, Barry gave me a summarized explanation on how the challenges work, mentioning that I have to defeat 8 gym leaders in order to earn the 8 badges for my badge case and to enter in the Pokémon League after passing through Victory Road.

"This should be an easy challenge, I guess..." I went as I rested the both of my hands at the back of my head.

"Yeah, but, I heard that the other gym leaders are tough after you defeat the first one." Barry says as he looked at me.

"Well, I can be tougher..." I thought to myself.

As me and Barry continued on with the journey and I got myself a starter pokémon, we went to Professor Rowan to explain what happened earlier at the lake, where we got them.

Understanding the situation, he allowed us to keep our starter pokémon, seeing how much it's attached to us.

In return, I chose to help him with his research and was given a pokédex to gather information on pokémon I catch.

After I left and battled a few trainers, I bought some pokéballs and medicine from the mart before resuming my way to the first gym.

"Okay, let's see...So, the first gym is in Oreburgh City. That's close to Jubilife City." I said to myself as I looked at the map.

Putting the map away, I started heading towards the route that leads to Jubilife City, as I battled my way through after coming across some trainers who challenge me to a battle.

By the time I made it, I went in the trainers school for a moment before coming back out.

After a while later, I finally made it to Oreburgh City.

By the time I did, I already had all six pokémon on my team.

Wondering where the gym is, a kid happened to have noticed me entering in the city before helping me out, by leading the way to the gym for me.

Unfortunately, when I got there, the gym leader wasn't in the building.

Sighing a little, I left and went to go look for him.

The spot I first searched at was the Oreburgh coal mine, which didn't take too long to find it.

But, when I did find him, I immediately felt something hit me like a lightning bolt when he turned to look at me, even though there wasn't a single Pikachu in the mine.

He first showed me the hidden move Rock Smash with his Pokétch and mentioned that's the move I'll be able to use after I defeat him, before he left.

After he left, I just stood there and felt my face turn red a little, indicating that I was blushing before easily realizing that he didn't give me his name earlier.

And when I left too, I clutched my chest a little at the spot where my heart was, feeling it pounding hard in my chest so much that I can actually feel it.

As I walked back to the gym, there was only one thing in my mind before I was about to enter in the building...

"What is this feeling?"

-  -  -

When I stepped in the building, I noticed the design inside it was all related to rocks.

"I have a feeling the guy I met at the mine is the rock type gym leader..." I thought to myself as I looked around, seeing either two or three young trainers in the building, before being greeted by a man with brown hair and round glasses.

Not really knowing his name either, I decided to nickname him "Hint Guy" since he's currently giving me hints on defeating the gym leader, even though I already knew what the rock type pokémon's weakness is.

Then I proceeded on and began the pokémon battle with the trainers...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro