23. Change

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After 8 months 

Mehak's POV 

"Hema,make sure the director knows that I am on leave for next one month from today. After the leave we can start the shooting." I said to Hema,my assistant cum manager on the call .

"Sure...would you like to do the commercial ads and guest appearances in shows or something like that?" She asked me.

I rubbed my forehead.  

"How many are there?" I asked her.

"4 Commercial ads ,2 guest appearances in shows and yes ,2 inaugurations." She said to me, 

Well,not bad...not bad at all.

"Okay I will do that. Just inform me of the dates and further details." I said to her,

"Sure...Mehak,I think you should sleep now. It's already 2 am .You have to wake up early tomorrow. You need your beauty sleep as it's your special day." She said with a giggle. 

I smiled lightly and said,"You should sleep also. Who knows maybe you can also get your life partner tomorrow!!!" 

"Hahaha...very funny. Okay,Bye . See you tomorrow. " Hema said.

I said bye to her and cut the call.

I stood up from the chair and walked towards my balcony. The moon was shining brightly, illuminating the surroundings. The shining moon,the shimmering stars made the night look more beautiful. 

I smiled lightly .

Within these 8 months my life took a drastic turn which I didn't think in my nightmare as well.My eyes fell on the particular card which was on the table.

Mehak 
Weds 
Ankur 

Yes,I am getting married tomorrow with none other than Ankur. 
I still remember the excited and happy face of Ankur when I agreed to marry him. 

"You don't know what this single Yes means to me...You gave me the most precious thing of my life ,Mehak.
These were the exact words he said to me at that moment. Unknowingly a smile came on my lips.

At Least someone is happy because of me. When I told my decision to Mom ,she was furious. According to her,Ankur was trapping me in his sweet talks and false love confession.

I seriously don't know what problem she has with him. But luckily after trying for a month or so, she agreed to my decision and accepted my proposal as I didn't want to upset my Mom by marrying someone against her will. I really hope she starts trusting the right people, not the wrong one which she always does.

I sighed and decided to catch some sleep. As soon as I laid down on my bed ,My phone pinged . I looked at the phone to check the message. As usual I didn't reply to it. 

Anger bubbled within me and I threw the phone away.

"No Mehak...not again. Calm down and focus on the future...focus on the person who is ready to give you love and happiness without you asking from him. Don't waste your energy on an unnecessary person who only knows to play with trust & emotions." My mind said to me.

I closed my eyes and sleep consumed me.

Next Day

Mehak's pov 

I woke up early as today is the big day of my life.

My house is full of guests. It is a very intimate affair. Only family members are there. 

Ankur wanted to invite our colleagues and other renowned persons to our wedding . But he valued my wish to have a private ceremony. 

So As we have decided ,we will marry in a private ceremony. Later on we will have a big reception where the celebrities and other renowned persons will be invited.

No media person is allowed. We decided to announce it after our marriage. 
I took a bath for an hour to clean the haldi. As soon as I came out of the shower, some giggles caught my attention. I looked at my bed to see Hema and Jigyasa sitting there giggling as they looked at me. 

"You two are devils, you know. You guys literally painted me yellow. " I said to them with a huff.

"Yes Our Yellow Mehak Monster. " Jigyasa said and they started laughing.

I scowled and threw my wet towel at them.

"Di,come down. You have to eat lunch. Come along with Jigyasa di and Hema di. " Manik knocked on the door and told me.

"We are coming. You go." I  said with a smile. 

We three went downstairs to eat lunch.

"Are you happy ,Mehak?" I looked at Jigyasa who was sitting in front of me with a worried expression on her face. We were sitting together on my bed and Hema went to attend a call.

I smiled and said,"Yes, why did you ask?" 

"Why is your face lacking the glow and happiness which every bride has? Why are you not excited for your wedding? You are behaving as if it is some normal work for you. " Jigyasa asked me.

I caught off guard hearing her questions. 

I masked my expression and said,"No no...it's just...it's just I am sad as I have to leave my Mom and Manik. They are my life. I don't know how I will stay without them." 

I told her the half truth. 

If it was in my hand, I would have taken my Mom and Manik with me.

She nodded and opened her mouth to say but got interrupted by the wailing of a baby.

We looked at the door to see a very exhausted Kiaan entering with a 4 month old boy who was wailing his heart out.

"What happened?" Jigyasa asked.

"I don't know..from the last 20 minutes he has been wailing." Kiaan said, looking at him with a pained expression.  

As soon as Jigyasa took the baby And cooed him. He stopped crying and hugged his mother with his tiny arms around her neck.

Shaan, Kiaan and Jigyasa son is their life. After fighting a tough pregnancy, they were blessed with him. He is a very happy baby but can't stay without his mother.

"I knew it,he was missing you." Kiaan said to Jigyasa. "Hey,I am your father...sometimes show your love to me as well." He said to her son who in return giggled without understanding what his father said.

"Hawww,are you jealous, Mr. Father?" I teased him. He poked his tongue at me.

"Very mature." I said with an eye roll.  

Jigyasa giggled and seeing his mother smiling ,Shaan         also gave us a wide toothless smile,melting our hearts.

In the evening. 

Author's pov 

Dressed in a beautiful designer Lehenga, a girl was sitting in front of the mirror.

Expensive jewellery, makeup ,mehendi, chura everything defined that she is going to get married within some minutes and she will become the wife of the person whom she has chosen for her... as her groom...her life partner. 

As she looked at her reflection in the mirror,her eyes didn't have the sparkle which we can see  in a bride's eyes.
Her makeup made her look like a nymph of heaven but couldn't bring the glow as we see on any other bride's face.

" Oh my my...You are looking gorgeous," Jigyasha said ,making her smile a little.

"So finally...India's superstar Mehak is going to be married today...Babe ,you are going to break many hearts today." Her assistant Hema said teasingly ,making others laugh.

"Okay you sit here...we are going to help Aunty with the arrangements." Saying this everyone left Mehak alone.

Mehak stood up from the chair and started to walk to and fro in her room feeling restless. Everytime she closes her eyes,she sees that face that isn't going away from her mind...and obviously her heart.

She walked towards the balcony and her eyes started to roam around the garden...unconsciously her eyes were searching for him.

As if her prayer was answered,her eyes found him who was looking handsome in his well fitted suit.

She saw the face whom she hates to the core. Her mind asks her to hate him but her heart wants to see him without any interruption. 

She couldn't understand her heart. Why did she feel like this?

She chose her mind and cursed him mentally and went inside her room. 

Half an hour passed but there was no sign of anyone . Mehak was restless as no one was still calling her for the Marriage. She wanted to get over it as soon as possible...this heavy Lehenga and jewellery weren't helping her either. 

Soon her door burst open,revealing her friend Hema. She sighed in relief. 

"Is it time? Let's go." Mehak said, getting up. She wanted to get over it . Somehow the whole marriage thing was suffocating her.

After that, Hema said something which made her ground slip away under her feet.

Apologizing to all of you again and again for updating lately every time. But this story needs some time to construct...I am becoming blank. Moreover I injured my hand so couldn't write for almost a week.

How's the chapter?

Leap brought a lot of change ,isn't it?

Next update on Monday.

Stay safe and healthy.

Please Do Vote,Comment and Share.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro